Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

mewithoutyou - sept 26th

Started by skinnypuppy, Jul 10, 2006, 12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alvarezbassist17

mewithoutyou is amazing, no doubt about it.

every song on catch for us the foxes makes me feel something special, and disaster tourism is in my top ten all time songs.  aaron weiss has a woooonderful style, even though i hated it at first.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Jul 14, 2006, 05:00 AM
aaron weiss has a woooonderful style
You speak the truth, man. But, i fucking loved everything about them when i first them (It was Bullet to Binary). Long time ago. It was awesome.

skinnypuppy

a person close to aaron and the band is putting together a tour only book about mwy's lyrics with fan interpretation along with the actual meaning behind each song written by aaron. should be an amazingly insightful book with lots of pictures (and maybe a cd or dvd to go along with it)

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Jul 16, 2006, 12:21 PM
a person close to aaron and the band is putting together a tour only book about mwy's lyrics with fan interpretation along with the actual meaning behind each song written by aaron. should be an amazingly insightful book with lots of pictures (and maybe a cd or dvd to go along with it)
Sounds awesome. I'd buy it. :)

alvarezbassist17

skinnypuppy

nice and blue pt 2
http://myspace.com/mewithoutyou

the song is hard to accept at first because it's a continuation, but before the song even ends, you'll love it, and want more... mewithoutyou is gonna be huge with this album.

defskull

Wow this sounds like their best stuff yet. Their music is so hard to categorize.

lostpilot

Come on, when are mewithoutYou leaking it :X
I want the new album so much

ghettovaquero

hey mr puppy could you please re-up the discography, i clicked on this thread today looking for some new bands and i absolutely love these guys! just what i needed, such a great band i loved that new song as well that they played live with the harp, good shit. could you please do that or anybody else who has em. it would be greatly appreciated

ben

Paint Your Lips

ben

I apologize if the quality isn't 100 percent excellent.

Paint Your Lips

When i get home from work tomorrow, i'm gonna bury myself in my bed with my headphones and just dive into it. Can't wait.

ghettovaquero

oh my god in a sweater poorly knit is so beautiful

lostpilot

thirty nights of violence

Wow, it's freakin' awesome.
The best mewithoutYou CD by far....at least for me. I appreciate Ben's rip, but yeah, the quality isn't the greatest, eh? But, the CDs going to be so much better now. Can't wait to buy it.

Does anyone know where we can read the lyrics for this album...if they're up anywhere?

Paint Your Lips

It was awesome ! Fucking sweet !

I loved it entirely. It actually fits them very well that they turned a bit more Folk. His way of doing the vocals is very unique. But, a lot of the verses sounds very much like some on Catch for us the Foxes. And it somehow annoy me. As my brain starts playing the song it reminds me of in my head. I loved the - Spider tracks. They were cool. All in all, a great album by a great band.

8/10

Favourites:
Wolf am I ! (and Shadow)
In a Market Dimly Lit
A sweater poorly Nit (I knew it would be beautiful as hell when i saw it live at YouTube ! Though i miss the 'I do not Exist' part, oh well ...)

lostpilot

Yeah, absolutely great album.
And it is SO hard to define their style now. Really.
Anyways, my fav's are Wolf am I!, Nice and Blue (pt. 2), In a Sweater Pooorly Knit.