Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

mewithoutyou - sept 26th

Started by skinnypuppy, Jul 10, 2006, 12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

Azwethinkweiz

i'm kinda curious to hear this album. i dont like their other albums though.

but i will give this one a chance, since im getting the impression that this album is more mellow acoustic/folk like.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: bored on Sep 05, 2006, 11:42 PM
Nice and Blue (pt. 2)
The original beat the remake back to the stoneage. Don't get me wrong, i love the remake. But, the original is so much better.

Azwethinkweiz

wow, the leadsinger has one of the worst vocals ever. he just talks really loud through the songs.

good lyrics though.

ben

skinnypuppy

your reviews are giving me chills. I'm really glad the album is amazing. I however am gonna hold out for the actual CD even though I had planned on listening to the mp3 copy of it last night. Sept 26th is too close for me to just listen to a poor quality rip.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: ben on Sep 06, 2006, 07:40 PM
His vocals are awesome.
Really is. They are groundbreaking - It's like poetry read out loud with a passion. I get chills a lot of ! Especially the '... And you better be alone !' bit.

Good for you, Skinny ! Hang in there. But, keep the expectations down !

lostpilot

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Sep 06, 2006, 08:51 PM
Quote from: ben on Sep 06, 2006, 07:40 PM
His vocals are awesome.
Especially the '... And you better be alone !' bit.

Why did I thought of the same old line? ;)
His voice is aweeeeeeeeeesome.

raynor

o, porcupine is by far the best song.

in Wolf am I! at 1:37 when he says "what's really going on here?" i get goosebumps. you can actually hear the questionmark when he says it, if that makes any sense. haha

Paint Your Lips

Ben !

Your uploaded version of 'Brother, Sister' is missing a track. Didn't notice it till today. The missing track is 'O Porcupine'. I found another upload which features this song.

You can get it here, people. http://heartcore.ru/downloads/

You know what this means? - That i need to listen to te whole album once again, haha. I need to hear it in it's entirety. :)

Mazzy

i've heard Jon talking about this band a lot. i never listened to them though, i just trusted his judgement and if people asked me about them or mentioned them i would just say, 'oh they're great' hahahaha two people have asked me about them and i think they're like, huge fans of them now.

i am so checking them out though. i like religious people. they have this spirit in them that is not like other people's but they must not be so obviously religious because marty likes them and i have heard him say that he doesn't like blatantly religious songs.

should be good though. i read the word 'folk' around so i will make it a priority to listen to those uploads.

skinnypuppy

awww, mazzy <3

I broke down and listened to this album's leak. I feel bad for doing it, but I knew I was going to buy it day-of release, so it technically didn't matter either way.

Anywho, I've said in the past that seeing EItS was a religious experience, and seeing Radiohead live was like a near-death experience.. well, I felt the presence of God while listening to the new mwY album. Hands down, the best record I've ever listened to in my entire life. I didn't think music could be this good.

Not sure if you people know this or not, but the vocalist of Sunny Day Real-estate does guest vocals on two songs; The Sun and the Moon & O, Porcupine. I'm not a huge fan of the first track, but porcupine is one of the most amazing tracks on the album due to the guest vocalist. He compliments Aarons vocals perfectly in the song and adds a whole new level to the melodies layered all over the track.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Mazzy on Sep 10, 2006, 05:10 AM
because marty likes them and i have heard him say that he doesn't like blatantly religious songs.
I do mean that. Even though Aaron includes lines that are from biblical stories, i don't feel that he is trying to push his beliefs down my throat.

I'm puzzled that Skinny feels the presense of 'God' at a concert or when listening to the new MWY album. But, everyone has the right to name their feelings what they want. Some name them happy, some sad, some excited and some name them 'God'.

skinnypuppy

Well, you see, I've never been the type of person that can go to church and feel something. I see people faint at church and I'm like 'you've gotta be kidding me' - ya know? It's like, what makes them feel that way? I've never felt that way anywhere, let alone church. But lately, I've had such intense concert experiences with explosions in the sky and radiohead, and now with this mwy album, that I sorta get what people call 'religious experiences'

And with this specific album, it was like there was a higher presence involved almost, because there was SO much going on musically, and in my head.

Paint Your Lips

But, why instantly name that feeling 'God'? Why can't it be toxins and other brain-triggered senses?

I get goosebumps when listening to certain bands. And i feel happy. But, i would never name that feeling 'God'. That feeling is mine, and mine alone. 'God' has nothing to do with the feelings i experiense when listening to music. And i'd like to believe, that if there was a 'God', he would be beyond music experienses.

Besides, your 'God' did a total of 6 days work for you. And that was it.

ben

god isnt in my music, but gods out there.

skinnypuppy

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Sep 10, 2006, 02:39 PM
But, why instantly name that feeling 'God'? Why can't it be toxins and other brain-triggered senses?

I get goosebumps when listening to certain bands. And i feel happy. But, i would never name that feeling 'God'. That feeling is mine, and mine alone. 'God' has nothing to do with the feelings i experiense when listening to music. And i'd like to believe, that if there was a 'God', he would be beyond music experienses.

I see your point, the experience just had a God-like feel to it. Like there was a higher power surrounding the situation.

Mazzy

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Sep 10, 2006, 02:39 PM

i don't know if you've ever been to a Polyphonic Spree concert but let me tell you, God was in the room.

God is just there. it's up to the individual to believe or not. either way no one is going to hell for not believing. there are more reasons to doubt than there are to believe these days. i believe very strongly. i believe it all. i acknowledge everything beautiful around me as God's work. by everything around me, i don't just mean music, it's the sky, kindness, this earth. that's God to me and i'll bloody not accept anything otherwise. God is beautiful. it's human's who are tarnished and who ruin what God is to ourselves. we seek to destroy when we can cherish.

i wonder, since we're talking about God and any member of mwy will find this conversation interesting, what is it that you don't believe in Marty? is it God? or is it the foundation in which religion is based upon? i don't believe in most things presented by my religion but i do believe that God is love and as long as you love and you are kind without having an agenda, God won't discriminate, no matter what religion you follow. even if you don't believe in God, God believes in you.

i don't care if that sounds dorky but since i believe there is a God, i would like to think God believes in me.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Mazzy on Sep 11, 2006, 04:13 PM
what is it that you don't believe in Marty? is it God? or is it the foundation in which religion is based upon?
Both. I find it very utopic. And i dislike people gving 'God' credit for when they feel good or have accomplished something, wether it be a new job or a win in the lottery.

But, that's me. 'God' hasn't done anything for you. Everything in your life is a foundation of freak circumstances. Nothing happens for a reason. And 'God' doesn't work in mysteries ways. He has never been here. He will never come here. He has been made. It's like believing in Harry Potter for crying out loud.

To me, the majority of 'Religion', is nothing but horror, terror and submission. Just read the old bible. 'God' says that those who do not believe in 'Him' should be killed. Then they changed the old bible, and made it more mainstream, so to speak.

I wish you could live for youselves. Believe in yourselves, instead of relying on a higher power that has never been there for you, never done shit for you, never helped you, or helped the world he created. He did 6 days of work for you. And that's it. He left you sailing in your own sea.

No offense, guys. I love you all, and i respect your opinions. I just sound more judgemental than i really am.

Mazzy

see i don't believe that for a second, that God doesn't care for me. i think God cares for all of us. God didn't make religion, it was made by humans to segregate each other. you have to have known that. and since humans invented religion they also invented 'horror, terror and submission' that's what i truly believe. we have all had ancestors who were killed for their different belief in what God is and by calling God by a different name and you would think we would have learnt our lesson.

i have a lot of Atheist friends who don't believe in fate and that everything is a circumstance. sometimes that's so, but sometimes something happens that just makes it impossible to believe that it was anything besides God smacking us across the head and telling us to wake up and live our lives a little more differently. i think God is here for all of us and if you have faith God is visible inside you. and the bible is a great read, most of it is beautiful and then you have the other side of beauty that is not so pretty. i don't for one-second believe that anyone who doesn't have faith in God goes to hell or should be killed. God gave us freewill and with that freewill you do what you want and that's exactly what you're doing, you're choosing to not believe and i think God would be proud that you are using what you were given: freewill. it says a lot of things about baptism as well, that if you are not baptised you will automatically go to hell. i don't believe in an afterlife, i think that this is just it. there's nothing afterwards but if there is, i hardly think that God is going to sit there and send people to hell because they have not been dipped in water or those who didn't believe.

that last part about living for ourselves is selfish. if you don't want to live for God, you could live for the rest of humankind. some people don't believe in themselves and they hate themselves and knowing that God believes in them and that they are alive for some crazy reason helps them do the simple task of living that they find so unbearable. not everything can be given to us. we have to go through surmountable pain to get what we want and to get to where we have to be. if life was simple and easy i don't think i would have faith strong enough in God because i would be complaining that life was too simple and easy, that we just got what we wanted so effortlessly and that believing in something i couldn't see and touch was too much trouble. i have all the respect for you, for your beliefs and i'm not trying to make you see 'the light'. i have no doubt that you are a kind, intelligent human being and anyone who tells you that you are going to hell tell them that God said 'go fuck yourself!'

well i'm glad we got that out of the way. you can go back to being my bitch now.