Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@ devilinside

Started by emotivelotion, Jul 27, 2006, 01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

I dont hate WT at all. It's just not my fav. I have a lot of good memories from that album tho.

whodunit?

hey! what's new?

devilinside

Not much not much......and you??  Haven't seen you around "these parts" much. haha

And you changed your sig! Aww....Every time I saw it I started singing that song. :D

whodunit?

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 15, 2008, 12:35 AM
Not much not much......and you??  Haven't seen you around "these parts" much. haha

And you changed your sig! Aww....Every time I saw it I started singing that song. :D

hahaha, well I loved the lyrics too ;)

I'm not here much but I don't know why. Maybe because I don't really know people here. I should change that.

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 14, 2008, 05:29 AM
I think Physical is my least favorite on the album. *hides*  And it's actually and Adam Ant cover...I KNOW! Trent did a cover! (ok so he's done one or two)

Do you have The Still album? It's all live studio music,and it's BEAUTIFUL! It's not hard,it's soft sounding,but it's got The Becoming  and Something I can never have. Here's a review I found about it. (yeah I know its long)

Odds are, you've never heard of Still. It was released as a bonus on the deluxe version of And All That Could Have Been, and outshines its live counterpart. A nine track album, it's made up of "unplugged" versions of nine inch nails songs, consisting of piano, acoustic guitar, and often light synths and drums. It features four redone old songs( Something I can Never Have, The Fragile, The Becoming, The Day the World Went Away) four instrumental songs ( Adrift and at Peace, Gone, Still (one song), The Persistence of Loss, Leaving Hope) and one all new track ( And All That Could Have Been). This is an amazing piece of work that should be heard by all, as it combines beautiful melodies and strong vocals, in a way that is accessible to all.

Still starts off with a haunting rendition Something I Can Never Have, which only surpasses the PHM version because of Trent Reznor�s raw intensity. It then eases off into adrift and at peace, a nice song, with a morning after the storm feeling. If there is a weak point to this album, this would be it, as it is not a very climatic song, but it�s fitting with the album as a whole, and is still very enjoyable. The next track is one of the best songs, ever. The Fragile is taken to a new level with this release, with sharp piano; it flows into an explosion of an ending, thanks to drumming by Jerome Dillon. The next song, The Becoming, starts off with a familiar piano line, and then breaks into acoustic guitar and an electronic drum line, which is later accompanied by live drumming. This song mimics the downward spiral version, and feels like an acoustic version of the original. Gone, Still is the second of four instrumental tracks on the album, and resembles adrift and at peace, but adds a light acoustic guitar line and synthesizers. The Day the World Went Away exceeds any previous version in every way. The intro/beginning is done better; the verse is done better, and the chorus/climax is done better. The ending joins together a bass, guitar, a broken snare, and atmospheric piano that creates a flawless ending which is accompanied by light humming from Trent. It then fades into the sound of rain, which introduces the next song, And All That Could Have Been. It starts with angelic-like guitar, and then bursts into an extraordinary chorus, with synthesizers, live drums, guitars, and bass. It ends off with an extended chorus, with a nice piano ending. The next two songs feature no singing, but conclude the album very well. The persistence of loss resembles adrift and at peace and gone, still. Leaving hope on the other hand, stands out from the rest of the instrumental songs, and even rivals some of Trent�s best. It blends beautiful piano with a soft, astonishing synthesizer that ends off the album with an outstanding climax that melts into two minutes of white-ish noise, of slow downed screams and synths.

Still is a must have for anyone who enjoys music. It is a classic that can be approached by all, even people who do not like nine inch nails or industrial music. It both stands out from nine inch nails collection and represents it, as a softer release portrays both the musical ability of Trent Reznor and his intensity.

If you dont have it I can upload it for you.

Quote from: emotivelotion on Sep 14, 2008, 05:03 AM
the fragile (left) FTW!!

what about fixed? dont you like it?

^5 about the left side..it's my fave. But I love the right too,it just happens I listen to the left more. The Fragile is one of  my favorite NIN songs. But Please if a bad ass song. And i'm not that big on remixes. But I do have a Fixed tank top!

dude, I seriously cant get enough of "physical" but I do really like the whole album.  
I remember you telling me about still a while back.  Stupid me never checked it out.  Ill download it off i-tunes as soon as I fucking figure out how to download i-tunes ( if any of you send me a link to apple.com ill fucking bomb your house)

devilinside

Quote from: whodunit? on Sep 15, 2008, 12:36 AM

I'm not here much but I don't know why. Maybe because I don't really know people here. I should change that.

You should change that...cause I'm pretty awshum! /sarcasm  :P  But I guess it's just as much my fault for not talking also,I'm kind of shy when it comes to talking to people.  Yes....Kelly is shy.  But it wears off after talking a little.

So,how are things in Poland?

Quote from: Variable on Sep 15, 2008, 12:37 AM
dude, I seriously cant get enough of "physical" but I do really like the whole album. 
I remember you telling me about still a while back.  Stupid me never checked it out.  Ill download it off i-tunes as soon as I fucking figure out how to download i-tunes ( if any of you send me a link to apple.com ill fucking bomb your house)

HAHA!! Nah,I don't use itunes either. I have stuff i've uploaded to itunes,but have never dl from it. WAIT! I have!! I got a pass from Lollapalooza for free DL of the artists that were there and I did it. But,I dont remember how I did it.  :-[   www.itunesfordummies.com

Glad you're liking Broken,and Physical for that matter. I remember when I first bought Broken,I couldn't figure out why in the hell the cd was going through like 90 blank songs...but then it came to Physical and Suck.

Variable

suck is pretty cool too.

yeah I always use i-tunes.  But I bought a new computer and im having a hard time downloading all these programs.  I think its because the internet is so sloooooowwww out here.  So shit keeps timing out or something

whodunit?

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 15, 2008, 12:48 AM
Quote from: whodunit? on Sep 15, 2008, 12:36 AM

You should change that...cause I'm pretty awshum! /sarcasm  :P  But I guess it's just as much my fault for not talking also,I'm kind of shy when it comes to talking to people.  Yes....Kelly is shy.  But it wears off after talking a little.

So,how are things in Poland?

things are good but you can feel tension in the air because of all that stuff with Russia.

I'm a shy person too. Never know what to talk to with other person and how even to start a conversation. So it's always, "hey! what music do you like?" which is so pathetic.

you seem to be a nice person.

devilinside

I "think" I'm a fairly nice person. Overly opinionated,but deep down a nice person. I too alway's talk to people about music.  :-\ I dunno...I feel like if they don't like music,I'm not too interested in carrying on a conversation with them. Even if we don't listen to the same bands or they don't like what I like,I like listening to what think. 

And how are things going with Russia? I haven't been keeping up with anything lately,and feel like a total buffoon.  :-[

whodunit?

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 15, 2008, 01:17 AM
I "think" I'm a fairly nice person. Overly opinionated,but deep down a nice person. I too alway's talk to people about music.  :-\ I dunno...I feel like if they don't like music,I'm not too interested in carrying on a conversation with them. Even if we don't listen to the same bands or they don't like what I like,I like listening to what think. 

well, I believe it's by the music people listen to you can tell what people they are. If someone is not interested in music at all or "I listen to everything" that must be a dull kind of person. It was always true with new people I've been meeting.

devilinside

EEP!! Got 3rd row tickets for NIN on Halloween night! YAY! I'm taking my son...he's soo stoked.

whodunit?

cool. how old is your son?

devilinside

He will be 9 the 28 of this month. He's pretty grown for his age though...which is kinda sad. :(

whodunit?

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 18, 2008, 01:00 AM
He will be 9 the 28 of this month. He's pretty grown for his age though...which is kinda sad. :(

9 year old! that will be an experience for him!

devilinside

Haha yeah. He's a music lover. I remember when he was 2 years old he would sing "Riders on the Storm" by the Doors WORD FOR WORD. But my mom also brought up that when my brother was 9,she took him to see Kiss...and he turned out pretty ok. lol 

But I'm not soo much worried. I saw them on Halloween in 2005,and it was pretty tame. (not too many drunks and no nudity that is) 

Ooh...and I'm also using him to lure in Trent. HAHAH!!!

whodunit?

hope you'll have fun :)

devilinside

Thanks...me too. :)

So how are things with you today? Hows the weather there?

whodunit?

lol, here comes the weather topic ;)

it's damn cold outside and I'm freezing. getting a translation finished cause tomorrow I get another, 200 pages translation (yay! money!).

devilinside

Ok so I'm kind of in the dark about what you "do"... I "think" you're a teacher of some sort,but don't know for sure.  :-[ You said translation,so I'm assuming it has to do with Language?

whodunit?

generally, I teach English at a language school (mainly children and teenagers; they are wonderful people) and, along with my colleague, we are responsible for the school. let's say we're a kind of directors.

besides that, I'm translating some stuff. recently, it's a book for psychology students; something like that.

I don't know what you do...  :-[