Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

JAZZ thread

Started by yoda on mars, Aug 02, 2006, 10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoda on mars

law

Jazz is a pretty big thing man, anything in particular?

yoda on mars

So, I'll start ;)

Recently I listen to lot of Krzysztof Komeda, Duke Elington and Miles Davis stuff. I've stolen some of my dad's cd's and I diggin them all day now :D

law

Cool. Never got into Jazz that much to be honest due my dad being more of a old school chicago blues fan, but I have checked out pretty much most of the mainstream stuff and the technicalities of Jazz guitar is pretty impressive, especially their use of 7 string guitars. Jazz drumming aswell thats another thing to be blown away by.

yoda on mars

yup, druming is one of the best things that comes with jazz music. My favourite bands are those containing only:

bass
trumpet
drums

Also, once I saw a concert of a jazz band that had two drumers, I mean that there were two drum kits. Amazing thing, but I forget the name of the band. They were from USA.

fireflyry

Miles Davis.

End thread.

:D

Miles Davis - Complete Birth Of The Cool is one of the best albums ever made imo.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

yoda on mars

Quote from: fireflyry on Aug 02, 2006, 01:21 PM
Miles Davis.

End thread.

Miles Davis - Complete Birth Of The Cool is one of the best albums ever made imo.

Miles Davis is the shit! Although I haven't heard any of his regular album.

fireflyry

Quote from: yoda on mars on Aug 02, 2006, 01:24 PM
Quote from: fireflyry on Aug 02, 2006, 01:21 PM
Miles Davis.

End thread.

Miles Davis is the shit! Although I haven't heard any of his regular album.

I'll try uploading it tonight although it's 181mb and our DSL cuts out a lot in New Zealand, great for those 3 hour uploads that fuck out at the last second.

Anyway I'll give it a shot as imo if your only ever going to get one Jazz album in your life this would be the one.

Jizzlobber

ive been taught jazz drum techniques but dont really listen to jazz. i dont mind it though, somethimes i'll listen to Miles Davis or Django Reinhardt. but im not a fanboy for jazz muso's
<

defskull

Los Ladrones are pretty sweet

OSO

Ya'll should check out the OG jazz/rock fusion groups; Weather Report, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Return to Forever the latter of which featured ex Miles Davis alumn Cick Corea no less.

Pick up early albums by Al di Meola too.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: yoda on mars on Aug 02, 2006, 11:00 AM
Duke Elington

I've been listening to his stuff lately. Good stuff. I've also gotten into Billie Holiday.

Azwethinkweiz

i dig jamie cullum. he's a talented fellar.

333tone

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

yoda on mars

yoda on mars

On saturday I'm going to jazz festival. It's gonna be cool cause it's almost free (ticket - abou 1$) and many cool bands will play. I'm gonna put some pic.

333tone

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Jerry_Curls

Someone should up some....need some chill music.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Crazylegs

Quote from: 333tone on Aug 03, 2006, 05:37 PM
Jaga Jazzist

I didn't know they were well known internationally. Cool, they're great.

fireflyry