Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Martial Arts (Who here trains?)

Started by rainnyx4, Aug 04, 2006, 08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NiChe

brown belt, third dan in karate

i wanted to go for black but i discovered drugs as an easier way of making me feeling tough

Nailec

Quote from: Gaz on Feb 22, 2007, 04:21 PM
Quote from: Nailec on Feb 22, 2007, 04:05 PM
oh cool perhaps someone has some nice advices for me.

- im training both capoeira angola und capoeira regional for 1-2 years now
-i made judo for id say 10 years
-some experiences with fencing and wushu

now i am searching for somethin to kick some asses and acutally develop hard kicks and probablly punches but my kicks should me more effective since i am 190 cm high but only weigh about 60kg so i dont have that much power ;)

what would be better? karate or taekwondo?

or should i go on with wushu?

If you want really hard striking, Muay Thai or maybe even standard kickboxing.

so no hard kicking in karate and taekwondo?

i mean i dont live in a large town so i dont think here is any muay thai center. even if that would be so nice!

Gaz

Quote from: Nailec on Feb 22, 2007, 04:41 PM
Quote from: Gaz on Feb 22, 2007, 04:21 PM
Quote from: Nailec on Feb 22, 2007, 04:05 PM
oh cool perhaps someone has some nice advices for me.

- im training both capoeira angola und capoeira regional for 1-2 years now
-i made judo for id say 10 years
-some experiences with fencing and wushu

now i am searching for somethin to kick some asses and acutally develop hard kicks and probablly punches but my kicks should me more effective since i am 190 cm high but only weigh about 60kg so i dont have that much power ;)

what would be better? karate or taekwondo?

or should i go on with wushu?

If you want really hard striking, Muay Thai or maybe even standard kickboxing.

so no hard kicking in karate and taekwondo?

i mean i dont live in a large town so i dont think here is any muay thai center. even if that would be so nice!

No there are hard strikes in Karate and Taekwondo, but Muay Thai focuses on hard striking (kicking with the shin, using knees, elbows etc;)

Where do you live?, I'm sure there will be a Muay Thai training center close, I thought there wasn't that many close to where I live but there is.

slutproof

I practice Kung-fu, thought about quitting a lot, but I still show up in the center. It keeps me fit and sore, never applied it in real life though.

Nailec

i heard rumors that muay thai is pretty much of a nazi sport here in germany.

so no muay thai for me. i'll take some taekwondo lessons and see.

it would perfectly fit with my capoeira. just using legs and so on.

not very good for street fights but i dont give a shit since that happens once a year or so.

Gaz

Quote from: Nailec on Mar 07, 2007, 01:14 AM
i heard rumors that muay thai is pretty much of a nazi sport here in germany.

so no muay thai for me. i'll take some taekwondo lessons and see.

it would perfectly fit with my capoeira. just using legs and so on.

not very good for street fights but i dont give a shit since that happens once a year or so.

Nazi sport? wtf!?

It's from Thailand, what has it got to do with Nazi's?

Nailec

doesn`t matter where it is from. nazis also eat foreign food and wear foreign clothes.

dont know how they can hate foreigners but use everything the others do.

so i guess its an attractive sport for hooligans and skins to improve streetfight skills. u know like muay thai kickboxing etc are very good for the street in contrary to judo, capoeira and stuff

free fight events here in germany are very often mixed with shitloads of nazis yelling their "sieg heil" and applauding their nazi friends in the ring.

dunno perhaps its coz this free fight scene has no philosophy like budo sport and that.
so nazis use muay thai as an instrument for their shit

rainnyx4

Quote from: Nailec on Mar 07, 2007, 09:23 PM
doesn`t matter where it is from. nazis also eat foreign food and wear foreign clothes.

so i guess its an attractive sport for hooligans and skins to improve streetfight skills. u know like muay thai kickboxing etc are very good for the street in contrary to judo, capoeira and stuff

free fight events here in germany are very often mixed with shitloads of nazis yelling their "sieg heil" and applauding their nazi friends in the ring.

dunno perhaps its coz this free fight scene has no philosophy like budo sport and that.

Uhhhhhh, right.......

Anyways, Judo is by far probably the best unarmed martial art for street fights outside of training at a mixed martial arts gym.  Grappling is the most important thing for someone to learn who wants to survive a fight.  Other good substitutes for Judo would be Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, SAMBO, or a Japanese Jujutsu place that does a lot of sparring.

Gaz

Quote from: Nailec on Mar 07, 2007, 09:23 PM

damn, thats fucked up.

Corleone

I've always wanted to, I have limmited knowledge on training though, I barely know where to start. Maybe I'll take up some kickboxing when I get a job.

goldpony

i forget where i was reading it, but there is this really good article about training at the militech camp in iowa. it sounds pretty brutal. i will try to find
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Nailec

i am pretty satisfied with taekwondo. even though i just had like 10 trainings and i am a beginner. but its a lot of fun to me.

to bad you arent allowed to kick in others legs.

all in all i think capoeira and taekwondo are a good combination for me. not very usefull when it comes to streetfights. but better than doing nothing and i think i wouldnt have that much fun in muay thai here. see above for reasons.

but sometime when i developed some really good kicking skills, i will try muay thai or kickboxing in berlin. or even just boxing but i think i should use my long legs so boxing would be strange. ok i got long arms but im weak so

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Teddy. on Aug 22, 2006, 06:45 PM
I heard muay thai had the hardest strikes

Most efftective! Boxing is hardest, Muay Thai is most effective... Ever caught an elbow... Now that hurts. But I would rather take an elbow off a unbalenced body then a straigh blow from Tyson...

13hourstoparadise

Damn, their are some experienced people here. I've been taking fundamental Muay Thai / Kickboxing for 1 year. Recently getting back into the gym with the rest of the group since I got kicked about months ago when my trainer heard I got arrested...

Nailec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfGz35FyV0U

love it. even the song is a pretty good choice vor this vid

Variable

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jan 12, 2008, 12:43 AM

Most efftective! Boxing is hardest, Muay Thai is most effective... Ever caught an elbow... Now that hurts. But I would rather take an elbow off a unbalenced body then a straigh blow from Tyson...
everything about this statement is so true.

tarkil

Since when are you bumping threads Trey ??

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

devilinside

Quote from: Variable on Oct 12, 2008, 10:31 AM
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jan 12, 2008, 12:43 AM

everything about this statement is so true.

Fuck that!! Bone to bone would hurt WAY more that a boxing glove with force. You mean to tell me that a hand covered in a boxing glove would hurt more than a knee or elbow to the skull?? I'd much rather take a punch. Besides,boxing gloves are WAY thicker that ones used in Muay Thai...and i'm pretty sure most of the dudes can hit as hard IF NOT harder than Tyson...just sayin......