Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

post/talk about all the new demos here.

Started by Zevaka, Aug 07, 2006, 08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zevaka

Dreams of new album or something about demos.

So, guys, now we have really a lot of demos so we can imagine which of them will be put on ts next album. So i want to share with my thoughts about demos we have:

1. Table of Contents/Monk - ha, it's nice song to open their shows. I'll not be surprised if it will also be intro for their album.
2. Acoustic one (+mellow version) - oh i can't really understand why it wasn't on selftitled. It's SOMETHING. I'm waiting for its release.....
3. TdCk - can't even say how it would sound as studio version
4. 27058 - yeah it's really really coooool. Nothing to add.
5. Blvd nights (1st demo) - i don't think they'll release it but sounds rather nice. Not boring at all.
6. C2/Acoustic Two - it can be their single dude. We have only live version with vocals but anyhow i love it more than any.
7. In loco parentis - i don't like it. It sounds not like real Team Sleep. I know Chino likes to risk but it's not good idea here. Hope it will not be put on their record.
8. Doomed User - cool crook twin. I like it. One more candidat for being intro for next album!
9. The Amherst Terrorist - this shit is huge!!! I love it very much.
10. BionicA - not interesting at all     ...        for me at least.
11. Formant - yeaaaaaah! Just cooool. Can listen to it for hours.
12. Magnum manipulator - i don't want their next album will sound like it.
13. Tennisface - it's really cooool demo but it won't be cool studio release. Drums made by Crook are cool. The second part of the song sounds like Yakira Yamaoka or Samantha Dean. Just like Silent Hill soundtrack. :)
14. CBlock - From Staring at the queen territory i think. Sounds cool.
15. HeadHunter - oh cool. It makes me remember one russian rock band "Agatha Christy". Really intresting and nice.
16. Liberace - when i listen to it i think about pink floyd and rhcp. I love it. It will be cool song on ts album. Have something common with 27058.
Also i expect Koolaid, Scarf Bitch and Mercedes on their new album.

So your turn...
Your thoughts...

Corleone

I think the only tracks that will make the album are formant c2 and tdck. The rest of the leaked demos from the 2001 recordings are definately not going to make it, they have been on the internet for 5 years.

BloodyKnifePrty

I don't think anyone can really say which tracks are going to be on the new album.  Don't get me wrong, they all sound great, but most of these are probably going to change pretty drasically.  For instance, compare the very first demo of blvd. nights that was on their myspace with the finished version on the cd.  So that means if there are demos that you don't like right now, they could always evolve into something amazing.

And yeah, like Corleone said, the songs that have been on the net since 2001 won't be on there. 

iceache

blvd nights demo 1 isnt going to make any album because they finished blvd nights for the s/t album , and that is that for that song

Zevaka

Quote from: BloodyKnifePrty on Aug 07, 2006, 03:36 PM
And yeah, like Corleone said, the songs that have been on the net since 2001 won't be on there. 
Team Sleep said Koolaid WILL BE on their next record. I'm sure it will.

Muempire

Errr when did they say that ?

And yeah this thread is kinda pointless. None of these songs will even make the record and if they do they will be alot different then what we have heard, hence the name DEMOS!
aka. TeamTones

Zevaka

Koolaid was ever (ff) b-side, right? They said it was too dark for their s/t, so they were gonna put it on next record. don't touch my karma

BloodyKnifePrty

If Kool-aid Party was a b-side for Ever then that pretty much tells you right there that it's not gonna be on their next album.  That's why they put it as a b-side, 'cause it's never gonna be an "a-side" on any of their lps.

Zevaka

Maybe you are right... I just want them to release it... Not me is who decides what to put on the record and what not to put...

Deftones-argentina

fireflyry

OMFG do you reckon it's them?I do but I'm not sure but it must be cause it sounds like them but I don't think it is but I know Chino personally and he said they are but I'm wondering if they are but they have to be I think.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

tension_the_wire

Quote from: fireflyry on Aug 10, 2006, 02:55 AM
OMFG do you reckon it's them?I do but I'm not sure but it must be cause it sounds like them but I don't think it is but I know Chino personally and he said they are but I'm wondering if they are but they have to be I think.

Nice^^^^

I haven't listened to them. I am itching to though, but i listened to the leaked S/T ones when they came out and i think that what ruined it for me.

I've listened to beware the waters (that shitty live one) and to be honest...it did nothing for me!

tension_the_wire

Woops I thought this was about the Deftones Album.

Sham on my undies

Corleone

Isn't there already like 4 or 5 topics talking about demo's? I could understand if maybe a new demo came out or something. The topic under this is basically the same thing, but you're a moderator so... go you!

Megatoned

You say you're something else...

BloodyKnifePrty

Someone still needs to rip the audio from the JK video

raynor

Quote from: Corleone on Aug 10, 2006, 06:39 AM
Isn't there already like 4 or 5 topics talking about demo's? I could understand if maybe a new demo came out or something. The topic under this is basically the same thing, but you're a moderator so... go you!
yeah, exactly that's why i thought i'd start this one to have it all in one place, i also left the other threads open just for "a last word" that someone might have to say there. also, i didn't mind merging all the 4-5 threads into one, since it just makes it so messy.

well there you have it :)

edit: well actually you're right, that thread that zevaka started is basically the same thread. meh, i'll just merge it in here then :)