Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

ISIS

Started by Martin, Aug 21, 2006, 01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadradio

theis

lostpilot

Please answer one question for me, or offer your ideas.

What makes ISIS to stand out so much in the whole post-metal scene?
How do they make metal sound.. like not metal? Like something else, hypnotic monolith. I think some of you know what I mean in the back of my head.

20 Minutes / 40 Years

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: lostpilot on Nov 02, 2012, 01:43 AM
Please answer one question for me, or offer your ideas.

What makes ISIS to stand out so much in the whole post-metal scene?
How do they make metal sound.. like not metal? Like something else, hypnotic monolith. I think some of you know what I mean in the back of my head.

20 Minutes / 40 Years
I don't know i guess they just do it better than other groups I love all the layers and they use range of tone really well they'll have like an emotional heavy riff just pounding away and they put something higher and sweeter on top like a piano or just higher guitar

theis

Anyone checked out Temporal yet?

I'm loving it. I think I might like the demo versions of the previously released songs better than the original ones. Especially the demo of Ghost Key. So good. And the acoustic version of 20 Minutes/40 Years is jizz worthy.

Fuck, I miss this band! :(

lostpilot

the acoustic 20 Minutes/40 Years is quite wonderful.
I can see myself listening to this track more and more. Those chords and melodies..

scatterbrain

Just bought it,fucking wonderful.20 minutes/40 years is awesome.glad they emptied the vault,loving that godflesh cover to.I guess that's the end of the legacy.fucking sucks,I got into these guys late,like a month befor they broke up.
im me and thats all ill ever be

the deft ones

Quote from: theis on Nov 11, 2012, 06:20 PM
Anyone checked out Temporal yet?

I'm loving it. I think I might like the demo versions of the previously released songs better than the original ones. Especially the demo of Ghost Key. So good. And the acoustic version of 20 Minutes/40 Years is jizz worthy.

Fuck, I miss this band! :(

This version of Ghost Key is fkn awesome.

Nebontha

Finally bought it about 2 days ago, nearly a month after it came out lol...
Loving it  :D
The cashier at the HMV in the local mall where I bought it even said "Good choice"!

Anyways, do y'all know about how Ipecac's offering the (5) bonus tracks that were supposed to be for the non-working "download code" for free in a downloadable .zip folder on their website?
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Martin

Been listening to a lot of ISIS lately. Miss this band.

Does anyone know what the bandmembers are now up to (Palms aside)? Thanks.

EDIT: FINAAAAALLY ordered 'Wavering Radiant' and 'Temporal'. Still broke but fuck it.