ISIS

Started by Martin, Aug 21, 2006, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moi

thanks for the interview

Chrisbo

You're welcome dude  :)

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

333tone

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Paint Your Lips

just listened to 'Oceanic' and 'Panopticon'. Woah ...

neurotic

Panopticon is amazing.. all the songs...
*goes to find the CD* :P
...never trust the obvious...

TheScumfiend

has anyone else listened to all isis releases in one go back to back chronolcigically?  they flow from one to the other pretty well, apart from I don't think the new album works
My weekly Chart:

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: TheScumfiend on Oct 23, 2006, 09:54 AM
has anyone else listened to all isis releases in one go back to back chronolcigically? 
Maybe some day when I got the time.

the47th

I just listened to Red Sea for the first time in a while. Is the part at the beginning ("You were away." "When honey, when was I away?" "I'm not sure. You were though.  Away in a sea of red!") original, or is it from a movie or something? Does anyone know what the story behind it is?

TheScumfiend

Quote from: the47th on Oct 24, 2006, 04:00 AM
I just listened to Red Sea for the first time in a while. Is the part at the beginning ("You were away." "When honey, when was I away?" "I'm not sure. You were though.  Away in a sea of red!") original, or is it from a movie or something? Does anyone know what the story behind it is?
its from the 3rd episode called "Blackout" of a series called "Hotel Room"
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/2093/hotel.html

Other than taht I don't know much about it.
My weekly Chart:

Martin

Watch ISIS rehearse on FPE-TV here (taken from The PRP).

Zevaka

Now i'm listening ISIS for the 1st time.
Yeah, ITAOT is cool, really

moi

you should buy the new dvd it is verry nice one

black coffee

I got the dvd as well. it's so good. the performance in sydney alone is worth the price.

Chrisbo

Yeah I need to have a look around for the DVD! Also, ITAOT has grown on me vastly! It kinda lacked the immediate impact that 'Panopticon' had on me, but seriously, I think this album is amazing! That atmosphere in 'Over Root And Thorn' totally grabs a hold of me, it's a stunning song! Probably my favourite!

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

moi

indeed only 20 euros for a full concert of 70 min + 6 other songs

Mad Maynard

Saw these guys Wednesday night (3/21/07). What a great show. They played "In the Absence of Truth" almost in its entirety, the only song that was excluded was "Garden of Light". I got to hear them play "Garden of Light" when they opened for Tool back in October though, so it's all good.  About half way through the set they threw in "From Sinking" and "Wills Dissolve". They ended the night with "In Fiction". 

If you get the chance to see these guys do it!
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose;but, you can't pick your nose in front of your friends.

Alvar

i cant wait for them to come to germany, this band is so amazing

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

black coffee

they toured germany before actually.

but I'm gonna see them as well when they're coming over.

Chrisbo

I'm seeing them on the 24th May, and I cant wait. I've been really wanting to see these guys again after their last show over here a couple of years ago.

Quote from: Mad Maynard on Mar 23, 2007, 10:52 PM
They ended the night with "In Fiction".

That sounds fucking excellent to me! :)

333tone

^Lucky you! I missed their previous show here, i'm such a fool! Have a nice time man!

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.