ISIS

Started by Martin, Aug 21, 2006, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvar

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Dec 17, 2008, 10:56 PM
Quote from: Alvar on Dec 17, 2008, 08:29 PM
weight

fucking immense song.

In Fiction would be my personal favorite. what a build up.

indeed. its the "nothing else matters" of isis, a true masterpiece.
i think on panopticon they reached the core of their own style, they didnt change it on ITAOT and the new album seems to continue that sound.
but thats not really a bad thing since they are still doing a damn good job.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Nebontha

Listening to Oceanic almost non stop.  In fact I been listening to The Beginnng And The End especially, awesome stuff, fuckin epic and a half
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Martin

Does anybody know how I can get my hands on those Live CD's? (exept for the first one, I bought a copy when it came out). Thanks!

whodunit?

PANOPTICON is the shit!

lostpilot

I still cannot make myself ignore the growling vocals :)

Alvar

Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 14, 2009, 12:18 PM
I still cannot make myself ignore the growling vocals :)

i think they fit perfect into their music.
for me, the growling helps to take their epic songs to the most intense points. and i think thats whats distinguishes the style of post- or doom-metal from the usual hardcore.
the vocals float with the music, just like singing, but growled they are just..... more to the point.

but hey, i know what it means when some vocalist ruins a band that you would like otherwise.

maybe you should check "a storm of light", i've been spinning them for a while now and their atmosphere reminds me a alot of isis.
their singer has a very special way of signing - which is sure not everyones cup of tea, too. but i love them.

[youtube=425,350]zUdqj8xRkgA[/youtube]

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Zevaka

i couldn't stand A Storm Of Light

actually i refused listening to a lot of good post-metal bands (e.g. Cult Of Luna) because i really hate the vocals. Turner has a bit different vocals, more emotional and hardcore'ish?? even. especially live. before i went to see them live i was afraid that vicals whould be pain for me. No. I didn't even feel it was growling. Just emotional vocals bordering with screams

Nebontha

Maritime and Weight are really good to listen to while stoned/gettingstoned/burningout
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

shine down unshy

One word:  Dulcinea

black coffee

^  the man is righ. kicking in perfectly right after Not In Rivers, But In Drops.

black coffee

Isis have set "Wavering Radiant" as the title to their new album which will see a May 05th release date via Ipecac. A limited edition vinyl version of the outing will precede the release, landing in stores on April 21st. As previously reported, Tool guitarist Adam Jones will guest on the release, appearing on two as-yet unannounced songs.

Alvar

Quote from: black coffee on Jan 24, 2009, 09:10 AM
Tool guitarist Adam Jones will guest on the release, appearing on two as-yet unannounced songs.

cool, so adam will be the second tool-member to guest on an isis record

last.fm/user/z0z0bra

theis

Quote from: whodunit? on Jan 14, 2009, 08:50 AM
PANOPTICON is the shit!

you speak the truth.

definitely one of the best albums i've ever heard. gotta get this on vinyl.

Nostro

Quote from: ISIS official SiteISIS - "Wavering Radiant" out May 5, 2009

Our 5th studio album entitled "Wavering Radiant" will be available on CD May 5th, 2009 (Ipecac). A super extra special vinyl edition will be available 2 weeks previous on April 21st. In the meantime stay tuned for some previews, both aural and visual, as well as some springtime USA tour dates. A brief interview about the record can be found here...

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/isis-rides-the-wave-on-new-album-1003933334.story

theis

mr.sinister

theis

Wavering Radiant artwork.

not really sure if i like it or not.

bright lights, big city

interesting, at least.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Zevaka

i think it sucks. too simple and doesn't create an atmosphere they are trying to create around their album

Nostro

QuoteAbove: details from illustrations for ISIS "Wavering Radiant"

Below: excerpt from C. G. Jung's "Memories, Dreams, Reflections" (1961)