Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

General VIDEOGAMES / Gamesindustry Discussion

Started by Moz La Punk, Sep 05, 2006, 09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

i haven't tried the nba games, but you should definitely go with fifa over pes. Fifa has been the superior game the last two years at least.

I've been playing a whole lot of nhl10 lately. God damn it's so much fun.

Jacob

first details about Fallout: New Vegas have been released and it's looking like it can actually be worth checking out. Bethesda have hired Obsidian to develope it, which means a few of the people who made the first two Fallout games are on the team. so far it looks like story, dialogue and gameplay will be heaps better, but unfortunately it's still based on Bethesda's awful engine, with the same stiff character models and hilarious animations.

here are some interesting details about New Vegas:

# There is an optional hardcore mode, the character needs to drink water, ammo has weight, healing isn't instant etc.

# Normal mode is more similar to Fallout 3 gameplay.

# The storyline is focused on the New California Republic vs. Caesar's Legion (slavers from the east) vs. New Vegas residents.

# You are not a vault dweller but are given a Pip-Boy by someone who is one.

# There are special moves for melee weapons in VATS - specifically a move for a golf club called "Fore" which seems to be a groin shot.

# The Hoover Dam is in the game and is supplying electricity to the city.

# There is a quest to rescue a ghoul from some super mutants. The ghoul can then become your companion

# The Geckos are back.

# There are both dumb and intelligent super mutants, including the elite Nightkin. On at least one occasion you can convince them to fight amongst themselves.

# Some super mutants look similar to the ones in Fallout 3, while others are new. There is e.g. a female super mutant with a 1950s hairstyle who apparently is one of their leaders.

# NCR base is the McCarran Airport, Caesar's Legion is based in the Vegas Strip, while super mutants are based in a place called Black Mountain.

# Skils have a bigger effect on conversation choices. E.g. someone with a high Explosives skill may be able to have a coversation about explosives where appropriate.

# There is a Reputation system in addition to Karma.

# Set in the Mojave wastelands. Vegas didn't get many nukes. More intact buildings, as well as desert vegetation. Vegas itself is mostly intact.

# Bartering is not just lower prices but negotiating for better rewards.

# Weapons also now have knock-back upon death, with shotguns sending people flying.

# Followers can be managed through a context-sensitive menu, with orders like "follow", "stay" or "attack".

# You're a courier, wounded and left for dead in a shallow grave. A friendly robot, Victor, digs you out, and his doctor owner Mitchell patches you up. You take a "vigour test", which is some sort of electric parlour game. This decides who you are and sets up SPECIAL. You can also take some Rorschach tests, but the mag says this is for fun. The Doc then gives you a Pipboy as he was once a Vault dweller.

# "Hoover Dam", and "Helios" (a solar plant, confirmed by the mag to have been built by Poseidon) are fought into and then you can direct the power to wherever you choose. In the case of Helios you can also keep the plant for your self, use the energy to call down a powerful laser, or even try to distribute to all equally, however there is a risk of overloading the reactors.

# There is a "reputation system", in which all three factions (NCR, Ceasar's Legion and the locals) will either see you as good or bad toward them individually.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bright lights, big city

definitely looking forward to it. i was wondering how they had electricity in a post-apocalyptic wasteland when i saw the trailer for it.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Konami has announced new Silent Hill by the end of 2010 or the beginning of 2011. More details will be revealed soon on the E3 convention and I will try my best to go.

Crazylegs

from radiohead.com. I guess mr. Greenwood enjoys video games.

Office Chart for a week off
For all the nerds who are marveling, like me, at Red Dead Redemption: here's a different kind of office chart.....

Braid (various)
Marathon (Mac)
Goldeneye (N64)
Elite (BBC Micro)
Cave Story (various)
Ico (PS2)
Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
Zelda Ocarina of Time (N64)
Zelda Twighlight Princess (Wii)
Half Life 1 and 2 (Mac, PS3)

Having written that, I think Ico might be the best one. Now back to Bonnie's ranch....
Jonny

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on May 22, 2010, 02:40 AM
Konami has announced new Silent Hill by the end of 2010 or the beginning of 2011. More details will be revealed soon on the E3 convention and I will try my best to go.

That series is the tits. I've also heard continued rumor of Manhunt 3 announcement soon, but for a PS3 exclusive. Way to piss on the real gamers if that's true.

bright lights, big city

yeah you called that one. i'm really glad they finally announced a new Silent Hill AND a new TWISTED METAL. i am so stoked for both!
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 18, 2010, 07:26 AM
yeah you called that one. i'm really glad they finally announced a new Silent Hill AND a new TWISTED METAL. i am so stoked for both!

Did you check the Marvel Vs Capcom 3 thread? I posted a video there ;)

Crazylegs

Some good games were debuted last night. Mass effect 3, uncharted 3, Batman Arkham city, and fucking elder scrolls V! They all look good, but fuck me, i can't wait for elder scrolls.

bright lights, big city

Those announcements were pretty impressive, but it's ME3 all the way for me. That series is turning into my favorite series. I'm also skeptical of another Forza so quickly, kind of unnecessary.
DERP

Crazylegs

i thought the same thing, they've probably just thrown in some ridiculous kinect support.

Crazylegs

bright lights, big city

DERP

Crazylegs

Looking good. The talk about all the game mechanichs made me even wetter though.

bright lights, big city

annnnd I've decided to play Oblivion through again. That should chew up a few dozen hours of my life.
DERP

Crazylegs

lukas989

Ive been playin a whole bunch of Battlefield free4play - its good, and well, free.  All into the capture the flag real stylee killy fps-ee type thing should come along.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Playstation Network is down,now what? = /