Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

General VIDEOGAMES / Gamesindustry Discussion

Started by Moz La Punk, Sep 05, 2006, 09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I will stick to my PS3 1st gen with backward compatibility for PSone and PS2 games :D Also,Im glad I took my naptime because they show no console WTF with that!!!!

bright lights, big city

good point, haha.

also I'm softening on this backwards compatibility stuff - the future is digital! if this cloud stuff is legit on PS4, and all my xbla purchases transfer to the next XB, I'm all for clearing some shelf space.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Corleone

I seriously considering getting a WiiU before anything else.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Corleone on Feb 21, 2013, 07:05 AM
I seriously considering getting a WiiU before anything else.
Cool idea behind it but it's really struggling to get any backing from developers and it's not going to be able to compete with the upcoming next gen consoles.

kurtone

im probably alone here but i wasnt impressed with anything i saw from the sony conference tonight

DeftonesNZ

The specifications are really impressive finally better than a gaming pc but I know i wouldn't use alot of the features like their facebook thing also thought it was pretty shit they didn't show it or talk about price or release, I have a feeling it's going to be really expensive...

kurtone

there was some rumors on the web a couple of days ago, something like 430 for one model and 530 for another one. it looked to me like theyre trying to merge xbox live and facebook together for their online hub.

bright lights, big city

Sony's always around $500 in the US at least. But yeah, we better get used to what everyone is pushing - social gaming, streaming/digital downloads, motion controls, cross platform connection. A problem with that last one is that XBox doesn't have a handheld, unless they somehow start pushing Windows 8 or Windows Phone into connecting with the XB.

I still do want a Wii U, though. But like DeftonesNZ said they don't have any other backing. I still dig Nintendo and they make incredible games, but these days you can't just buy a Nintendo system and that's it. Then you're missing out on 80% of the generation's best games because they don't come out for Gamecube/Wii/WiiU.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

kurtone

Online multiplayer is as much social gaming as i do, i couldnt care less about the ability to share what im playing or be able to let others see what im doing. But youre right, it seems thats what theyre aiming for now, more social integration.

I've got a wii u, and the only games i have for it are the new super mario bros and zombie u, its really lacking for games right now, they did just a release a zombie u bundle that looks like a pretty good deal if youre really wanting one now instead of waiting though

Crazylegs

I really liked the press conference yesterday, and i'm an xbox guy all the way. Shit is looking real tight. The focus of the presentation was definitely on the games. Though i was hoping for something bigger to end the whole thing. Final fantasy is hella boring to me. I'm real curious to see how microsoft will respond. They have to unveil the next xbox at e3 at the latest.

Jacob

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 21, 2013, 05:38 PM
But yeah, we better get used to what everyone is pushing - social gaming, streaming/digital downloads, motion controls, cross platform connection.

...or you say to hell with all that gimmicky shit and play some real games on a pc.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Jacob on Feb 22, 2013, 03:23 AM
But yeah, we better get used to what everyone is pushing - social gaming, streaming/digital downloads, motion controls, cross platform connection.

...or you say to hell with all that gimmicky shit and play some real games on a pc.
pc's are for people without friends lol , %50 of my gaming is splitscreen with my friends.

Jacob

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Feb 22, 2013, 06:01 AM

pc's are for people without friends lol , %50 of my gaming is splitscreen with my friends.

so? I mostly play with friends as well, but on pc.

I could as easily say that consoles are for people who are too stupid to use a pc.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Jacob on Feb 22, 2013, 06:41 AM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Feb 22, 2013, 06:01 AM

so? I mostly play with friends as well, but on pc.

I could as easily say that consoles are for people who are too stupid to use a pc.
I've used both quite alot and I although I like PC I chose to use my modded 360 rather than my gaming pc, alot of the time pc games come out months after the other platforms release dates and I just find it awkward to play you can't just relax on the couch and play on a pc and local multiplayer requires alot more planning, everyone has to bring their own pc and then alot of the time atleast one person can't see or connect to the game. Also I get sick of bug ridden new releases that require patches it just ruins the experience for me.

bright lights, big city

I hate sitting at my desk, 2 feet from the screen, using a mouse and keyboard (I know you can use a controller, but fuck that) to play games. Plus you have to drop like $1000 every year or 2 to keep up with the latest required graphics card or sound card, etc.

Part of it is also that I've been playing console games since like age 6. I try PC gaming once in a great while, but really the only game that I like playing on PC is SimCity. Sorry bros.
DERP

kurtone

I've been console gaming since the NES days, never could get the hang of playing with a mouse and keyboard, but to each his own. I'm mostly an xbox guy myself, metal gear solid is my favorite game series though, and I really dig the Uncharted series

bright lights, big city

Quote from: kurtone on Feb 22, 2013, 10:07 AM
I'm mostly an xbox guy myself, metal gear solid is my favorite game series though
Are you getting the new Metal Gear? I'm on the fence with it, wasn't too impressed with thedemo.
DERP

kurtone

i got it, id wait till there was a price drop, the campaign took me six and a half hours to complete, and that was with watching cut scenes and codec calls, and dying a lot, im not a fan of or any good at and button mashing hack and slash games. theres vr missions to unlock as well, but i dont see a lot of replay value in it.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

So another one of these games

Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag -- World Premiere Trailer

I honestly tried to get into this games and its series but shit I cant.

Crazylegs

ditto.

So have you been paying attention to the game sales on xbox live lately. I've bought three games in as many days.