Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

General VIDEOGAMES / Gamesindustry Discussion

Started by Moz La Punk, Sep 05, 2006, 09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black coffee

got to admire those freaks, like the guy who got to the highest level in world of warcraft by picking herbs in the starting zone

Has anyone played the game Bully btw? its also from Rockstar and looks like fun.

Crazylegs

Yep. I never finished it, but it's pretty fun. Definitely worth a try.

bright lights, big city

I enjoyed Bully too. Liked how they through in go kart races and stuff to be "childish", even though it was still rated Mature. If you like minigames for the school classes (like History, Math, Art, etc) and don't find them tedious, you'll love the game.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

black coffee

ok I'll keep it in mind.
Got Diablo 3 for Xbox One a few days ago, this is an awesome game. Also I got a LAN party planned this winter with my friends.  Do people even do this anymore nowadays or has this become like an ancient thing now that everyone has super fast internet at home?

bright lights, big city

We still do it once in a while at my friend's house, mostly for nostalgia purposes with Halo 3 or 4. Damn kids these days probably never do that shit, though. We sound old.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

This might as well have been my friend's basement in high school.

DERP

black coffee

Does everyone bring their xboxes and you connect via system link to play Halo? Because as much as I know its an xbox exclusive title.

But I agree, its all about the old games. And regarding kids today, I'd say for them it makes sense not to do something this nerdy anymore,
They meet on Steam and play together online. Sure they miss out on the lan experience but at the same time its much less commitment this way. You're tired of playing, you go offline. At a lan party, you're in it from Friday afternoony till Sunday evening ^_^

bright lights, big city

Yeah system link definitely. There is something special about being in the same house with a big group playing, instead of each person at home - that party atmosphere. Easier to trash talk too. But Friday afternoon till Sunday evening...holy shit that's intense. I couldn't do that. Going from like 5pm after school on Friday until early Saturday morning was enough to kill my eyes.
DERP

black coffee

just realized you were refering to an xbox system link session as a lan party, that is treason man.

How is it done anyways? ( cause I have no idea ) Something like wwo xboxes, two televisions and split screen on both so 4 people can play at the same time?
Its funny I know some people who own a 360, siblings, cousins, friends, work colleagues and others , but nobody of them ever did system link. Maybe its just not so popular here.

digital bath

Quote from: black coffee on Sep 16, 2014, 07:06 PM
just realized you were refering to an xbox system link session as a lan party, that is treason man.

How is it done anyways? ( cause I have no idea ) Something like wwo xboxes, two televisions and split screen on both so 4 people can play at the same time?
Its funny I know some people who own a 360, siblings, cousins, friends, work colleagues and others , but nobody of them ever did system link. Maybe its just not so popular here.

When i remember it right, you can connect 4 xboxes on 4 televisions, each with split screen, so 16 people could game Halo together.
It was not easy to find a place with enough space for even 10 people, and to bring televisions, mostly small ones which were shitty enough for even one person to play on it.
I remember when halo 2 came out, to play online (xbox live) you needed a credit card, at this time most people I knew didn't had one. Luckily the father of one of my best friends had one, and he aloud me to use it. This friend was also, just like me, finished with school and without a job yet, and we were practically neighbors, about 500 meters in a straight line, and in the middle of this line was a gas station and a playground.
We used almost every day to play Halo2 online for a few hours (everyone at his home), later we met in the gas station to buy beer, food an cigarettes, sat in the playground for a few hours to talk shit and also smoked weed sometimes, then we went back home to play Halo 2 again, met later again in the playground, went home to play a final round and went to sleep.

At this time, we found it awesome, but when I look nowadays, it was a fucking waste of time :)

bright lights, big city

You got it man. The split screen on separate tv's helped with the teams. I guess that is treason, compared to a legit lan party tho. But yeah, luckily we had 1 friend that could accommodate about a dozen people at his house. Once in a great while I'd go the Counter Strike lan parties they had.

I think today it could still be fun on say the 360. We're obviously older now and people have their own places, so it's not like you have to be quiet and compete for space with someone's parents. One of my friends has a townhouse and sometimes played Halo 3 with 4 on 4. A bedroom would have split screen on a couple tv's and team up against the big screen in the living room that had 4 people on the 60 incher.
DERP

black coffee

One reason why we probably never got close to even considering system link is that rather than carrying consoles and televisions to someones place, we'd be bringing our laptops which is much less effort.

Anyways we got a holiday house for ourselves, this is gonna be awesome. Maybe I'll be making pictures of the mess and share some here

black coffee

So I finally finished the Diablo3 single player with my lv 51 Crusader, so many awesomely wasted hours.
Also for me that was a bit going back to the roots, having played the first Diablo on Playstation1, then Diablo2 on pc and now 3 on console again.
Two and a half months till the lan party btw!! I am looking forward to that like a 14 year old

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Got my PS4 since Friday and I've been playing the shit out of Assassin's Creed Black Flag, though I've never played any of the series.

black coffee

Been about one year now with the xbone and I'v really come to enjoy the controller the more I play with it and now I'd even say its better than the 360 one.

Games collection is tiny small and I still haven't gotten a second controller yet but that will most likely change with the release of Mortal Kombat X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmfm6JzuoZQ

those super moves ^_^

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I just pre ordered Mortal Kombat X, the Kollector's edition from UK, so much better than the shitty US version. Now I gotta wait which is hard :'(

black coffee

180 bucks for a steelbook cover, statue, comic book and game? well why not, I spend money for weed

black coffee

Been preparing for the release of MKX so I played some MK9 lately. That noob saibot fatality where both rip the legs off of the opponent and split them in half, thats just too funny.

Regarding MKX, the Scorpion and Ermac fatalities are the most horrifying looking so far, and the Ferra/Torr one is just awesome ^_^

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: black coffee on Apr 01, 2015, 08:37 PM
Been preparing for the release of MKX so I played some MK9 lately. That noob saibot fatality where both rip the legs off of the opponent and split them in half, thats just too funny.

Regarding MKX, the Scorpion and Ermac fatalities are the most horrifying looking so far, and the Ferra/Torr one is just awesome ^_^

I havent played MK since part 4 LMFAO Im gonna be such a noob when the game gets here in 13 days!!!! :D

RoyalDeftonicBoy

After watching this summon of Final Fantasy XV Im pretty sure this is going to be right there with Mortal Kombat X for game of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaQnA0kKrYI

FUCKING EPIC MAN