Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Mastodon

Started by Chrisbo, Sep 13, 2006, 05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

can they top Crack the Skye?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

I hope the next album is heavier. A nice mix of Leviathan and Crack the Skye would be sweet.

Crazylegs

I agree. I love Crack the skye, but i think it's become my least favorite of theirs.

sing blue silver

Quote from: theis on Jan 13, 2011, 01:58 PM
Mastodon's Facebook:

"Hello all, we are currently in the writing process for the next album. lot's of riffs have been collected!!!"

Sweeeet!

FUCKING EH!!!

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jan 13, 2011, 06:13 PM
I agree. I love Crack the skye, but i think it's become my least favorite of theirs.
damn, it's totally my fave. no doubt about it.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 13, 2011, 10:18 PM
Quote from: Crazylegs on Jan 13, 2011, 06:13 PM
damn, it's totally my fave. no doubt about it.

i'd rank it third after leviathan and blood mountain. i love all their albums but those two just can't be touched for me. every one of their albums is a masterpiece though.

davetonez

The song they did for the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie is pimp.

tarkil

Am very excite !!!!

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

That is so awesome.Their last album was awesome but my favorite stills Blood Mountain.The Czar is by far one of the best songs I've ever heard.

E-Money

Good shit!  Really looking forward to this! 

lukas989

MAstodon more than anyone, garner love for all their albums from varying sections of their fans...they have pulled off more than anyone I can think of, changing musical direction without losing an overall greatness to each record.  In saying that though, I still love Remission the most.  Then Leviathan, Crack the Skye, Lifesblood and lastly Blood Mountain - its easily the least revisited for me.

Oldnewtype

Good news from theprp:

"Mastodon's forthcoming live DVD/CD outing "Live At The Aragon" has been scheduled for a March 15th release date through Reprise. The footage comes from a show the band played at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago, IL during their "Crack The Skye" touring cycle. According to Metal Sucks, it will find the band performing their latest ffort "Crack The Skye" in its entirety, along with other tracks from their back catalogue, plus a Melvins cover.

The group have hinted in the past that the project may feature a documentary section helmed by Jimmy Hubbard as well. In other Mastodon news, the band have been added to the July 08th-09th "Sonisphere Festival" in Amneville, France."

bright lights, big city

forgot all about that! that was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Mastodon must've played for about 90 minutes that night.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Atlanta progressive metallers MASTODON will release a new live DVD/CD, "Live At The Aragon", on March 15 via Reprise. The set was filmed/recorded during the band's October 17, 2009 concert at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago, Illinois and it features a performance of the "Crack The Skye" album, along with other tracks from MASTODON's back catalog, plus a MELVINS cover.

MASTODON's setlist for the show was as follows:

01. Oblivion
02. Divinations
03. Quintessence
04. The Czar
05. Ghost of Karelia
06. Crack The Skye
07. The Last Baron
08. Circle of Cysquatch
09. Aqua Dementia
10. Where Strides The Behemoth
11. Mother Puncher
12. The Bit (MELVINS cover)

Some dude is saying that setlist is missing these tracks

8.Crusher Destroyer
9.Crystal Skull
10.I Am Ahab
11.Capillarian Crest
12.Aqua Dementia
13.Circle of Cysquatch
14.Iron Tusk
15.March of the Fire Ants
16.Blood and Thunder

Is that right?
I really hope is 20 songs not 12
If anyone was at that show please confirm if the setlist is correct.

bright lights, big city

I'm not gonna say it was 20, but there was definitely more than 12. And I remember them playing Iron Tusk, I Am Ahab, and Blood And Thunder at the very least.

Are those 12 songs the official track list for the dvd/cd?
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Thats what it says in Blabbermouth.com. Im also waiting for a 20 DVD songs =) Hopefully our dream will be fullfilled =)

bright lights, big city

brings back good memories. what a great venue, btw.

and this 12 song business kind of pisses me off. i'm positive there was a lot of older stuff they played after they finished playing through Crack the Skye.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Yeah man I wanted more too !!!!!!Where is Blood and thunder and Crusher Destroyer !!!!!!!??!?!?!?!