Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Mastodon

Started by Chrisbo, Sep 13, 2006, 05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

theis

Crack the Skye has cast a spell on my lately. Been listening to it on repeat. Can't stop. The "Making of" on the bonus DVD furthermore proved the excellence on this album.

Yup, favorite Mastodon album now.

Here's how I'd rate the full length studio releases:

Crack the Skye
Leviathan
Blood Mountain (Was my favorite for a long time, but it just seems a little disjointed and unfocused, compared to the above. Still love it though.)
Remission

As I said earlier in this thread, I'd love a mix between Crack the Skye and Leviathan on the next album. Keep it melodic and prog'ish, but add a few more heavy hitters (eg. Crack the Skye title track)

bright lights, big city

hell yeah dude, definitely my fave too. Actually would probably rank their albums same way as you. Track for track Leviathan slightly edges out Blood Mountain for 2nd, barely. Iron Tusk and Blood And Thunder are just such great tracks, making that album stand out more. Funny how sometimes an outsider would think Remission is pure trash, but that's even a pretty damn good last place album, haha.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Yeah, definitely. I dig Remission a lot. Just raw and in-your-face-heavy as fuck. Crusher Destroyer, March of the Fire Ants, Mother Puncher...classics.

bright lights, big city

ok what's the difference between Lifesblood EP and Lifesblood EP Promo?
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Slacker

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 24, 2011, 03:02 PM
ok what's the difference between Lifesblood EP and Lifesblood EP Promo?

probably none, sometimes promos are missing tracks or arent fully mastered, im not sure if thats the case on that release...i dont think so, maybe they have different bitrates...although i dont think that either...dont be a lazy ass and check em for yourself

Oldnewtype

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-music/crack-the-skye/809683099001

Crack The Skye - Live @ The Aragon

"The last couple of years have been really amazing for us as a band, we've played hundreds of shows for thousands of amazing fans!! We're super excited to be able to share one of those incredible nights with you all. Whether or not you were there, you saw us somewhere else, or didn't get the opportunity, now you can either relive it or see it for the first time with Live at the Aragon, we're really proud of it and we hope you dig it too. One of my favorite things about the DVD is that it comes with the tour movie that played behind us perfectly synced up with the album giving it a whole new visual life, watch it!!!
Your fan,
Brann"

....badasssssss

bright lights, big city

yeeeeeeah awesome. whoever came up with the idea to film that movie and have it play behind them was a goddamn genius.
DERP

Slacker

Oldnewtype

soooooooo someone has got to have ripped the dvd by now right? I know it comes out today.

EDIT: Nvm, bought it for $12. Definitely worth it, if you're a Mastodon fan you'll want to see this. Brent sounds kinda shitty though.

Oldnewtype

"Blood Mountain and Crack the Skye — those albums took too long to make. This only took us a couple weeks to record and there's a totally different feeling to it. It's a jump-on-your-bed, get naked, and go streaking kind of record. I haven't had this feeling about a Mastodon record since [2004's] Leviathan. It's just fucking awesome."

"We've got a song about fighting, there's a song about lifting heavy stuff, there's a song about people on meth creeping around in trees trying to get the best wood grain out of a tree to sell it at Lowe's for [drug] money... The album is kind of silly. We're taking the piss out of things."

Brent Hinds on the new album

http://www.spin.com/articles/brent-hinds-new-mastodon-album-side-projects

Crazylegs

Just saw Mastodon for the first time yesterday with Kvelertak as the warmup band. Kvelertak kicked ass like they always do, and so did Mastodon. Seems like they were having a really good time. The sound was pretty awful though which ruined it a bit for me. If i didn't already know the songs it wold be a wasted concert, it just got real saucy most of the time. Still it rocked my socks off, and they played aqua dementia so i'm satisfied.

Oldnewtype

fuuuuck yeah, kverlertak  and mastodon sounds like a sicks fucking show

BillyNo.9

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jun 14, 2011, 10:19 PM
Just saw Mastodon for the first time yesterday with Kvelertak as the warmup band. Kvelertak kicked ass like they always do, and so did Mastodon. Seems like they were having a really good time. The sound was pretty awful though which ruined it a bit for me. If i didn't already know the songs it wold be a wasted concert, it just got real saucy most of the time. Still it rocked my socks off, and they played aqua dementia so i'm satisfied.

Did they play Just got paid by any chance?

Crazylegs

BillyNo.9

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Talking about Mastodon I've uploaded a full show with Great HD DVD quality and sound.
Have a look here and enjoy

Mastodon - Hearts Alive HD Live 1/15 Rock City Nottingham December 12,2006

I got another show from them coming up,it did not finish downloading yet but dont worry I will upload it once I finish downloading it.
Enjoy

sing blue silver

from mastodon's facebook page.
QuoteMastodon are hard at work finishing up their new album, officially called "The Hunter", and they can announce four track names now as well. They are: Blasteroids, The Octopus Has No Friends, Stargasm and Curl Of The Burl. Check out the new shirt too!

Oldnewtype

I need to get that mastodon dvd but fuck, I hate it when guitar players stare at their hands.