Author Topic: Mastodon  (Read 97221 times)

Azwethinkweiz

Re: Mastodon
« Reply #40 on: Sep 24, 2006, 07:34 PM »
for me, this is the best album, so far, this year.

incredible. i cant stop listening to it.

yoda on mars

« Reply #41 on: Sep 24, 2006, 07:39 PM »

I agree!

It's sooo perfect for autumn.

Offline JOV

• Teenager
« Reply #42 on: Sep 24, 2006, 07:44 PM »
I don't know when Cedric sings. The whole song!? or only screaming?

I think he only make that noise on part starting on 1.47 (and same part later again).

yoda on mars

« Reply #43 on: Sep 24, 2006, 07:57 PM »
I don't know when Cedric sings. The whole song!? or only screaming?

I think he only make that noise on part starting on 1.47 (and same part later again).

so it's sucks...

Offline DredgTones

• Teenager
« Reply #44 on: Sep 25, 2006, 11:55 PM »
agreed their live show kicks ass.. On the latest Slayer/LOG tour I thought Mastadon outperformed both easily.. THeir drummer is soooo impressive being a drummer and all ..

Offline Chrisbo

• Leader of it All
  • CHRISBONES!!!
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #45 on: Sep 27, 2006, 10:02 PM »

It's still battling 10,000 Days, but I think it's winning! What an achievment!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

yoda on mars

« Reply #46 on: Sep 28, 2006, 08:40 AM »

Offline Chrisbo

• Leader of it All
  • CHRISBONES!!!
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #47 on: Sep 28, 2006, 02:06 PM »
Btw, the more I listen to Siberian Kiss, the more I think it could be Cedric singing the verse-line as well the screechy bit too, but it's like he's singing in a Mastodon way. I'm not too sure though

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

yoda on mars

« Reply #48 on: Sep 29, 2006, 11:58 AM »
yeah, I agree with you Chrisbo. But on teh other hand the only Cesdric characteristic voice can be heard during scraeming.

Offline Chrisbo

• Leader of it All
  • CHRISBONES!!!
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #49 on: Sep 29, 2006, 01:14 PM »
Yeah, true! It is definitely him on the verse too though, it doesnt sound like brent or troy, the voice is well kinda too young sounding for them, so yeah that's him.

Offline JOV

• Teenager
« Reply #50 on: Sep 29, 2006, 03:18 PM »
I think its definitely Troy on verse, maybe Cedric is doing some backing vocals somewhere, but i cant clearly hear him anywhere but on that part i mentioned earlier. Cant be 100% sure though, thats just what i hear. Probably some interview could confirm whats the truth  :)

Offline Chrisbo

• Leader of it All
  • CHRISBONES!!!
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #51 on: Sep 29, 2006, 07:29 PM »
I think its definitely Troy on verse

Hmmm...I dont think so, with the majority of Mastodons material Troy is the one who does most of the strained scream-y vocals (from what I remember live), and Brent does most of the clean vocal bits and some of the scream-y bits. But me personally, I dont think the verse vocals on that song sound like either of them. Ach well, who knows, the vocals are mostly obscure in that song, so I guess it could be any of them.

Offline Jizzlobber

• Elite
« Reply #52 on: Oct 07, 2006, 03:26 PM »
God Damn...."Bladecatcher" is the trippiest, coolest instrumental ever! ;D like it a lot, especially the outro part...they make me laugh coz they're so good. damn
<

Offline Chrisbo

• Leader of it All
  • CHRISBONES!!!
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #53 on: Oct 07, 2006, 11:50 PM »
It's kinda like how the fuck can they be such talented musicians, and write such catchy and amazing tunes at the same time. Damn, in some ways I hate the bastards...I dont really, but you know what I mean.

yoda on mars

« Reply #54 on: Oct 08, 2006, 08:45 PM »
It's kinda like how the fuck can they be such talented musicians, and write such catchy and amazing tunes at the same time. Damn, in some ways I hate the bastards...I dont really, but you know what I mean.

jealous guy? ;)

Offline skinnypuppy

• Leader of it All
« Reply #55 on: Oct 08, 2006, 10:39 PM »

after seeing mastodon live, I have come to the conclusion that mastodon>metallica

Azwethinkweiz

« Reply #56 on: Oct 08, 2006, 10:49 PM »
that's a pretty harsh statement.

Mastodon is definitely the 'metallica of our time', but they dont beat oldschool metallica.

Offline skinnypuppy

• Leader of it All
« Reply #57 on: Oct 08, 2006, 10:53 PM »
if metallica threw in the towel a few years ago, I wouldnt have made such a statement. But yes, oldschool metallica beats most things.

Offline Chrisbo

• Leader of it All
  • CHRISBONES!!!
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #58 on: Oct 09, 2006, 10:15 PM »

jealous guy? ;)

Haha, damn straight!

Offline Jizzlobber

• Elite
« Reply #59 on: Oct 10, 2006, 12:15 PM »
lol...im jealous too. and i havent seem them live yet!...so im looking forward to that. and if they are better than Metallica, they must be fookin awsome!
<