Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Mastodon

Started by Chrisbo, Sep 13, 2006, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 29, 2014, 01:31 AM
why can't bands evolve their sound?

They can, it's just so disappointing if you prefer their old sound.

bright lights, big city

Ok those are both good responses. We'll always have Crack the Skye. That and Leviathan are still my 2 favorite albums by them, but I can see why people rag on The Hunter and have diminished hopes for Round The Sun in light of their news about no more screaming.

But for the most part I still enjoyed Hunter, and High Road has been stuck in my head for about a week. Any new Mastodon will always get me excited. (Admittedly I have said that about Dredg in the past, so...)
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

theis

I'm absolutely lovin' the new album!!

Crazylegs

I have to agree this time. I'm almost half way into it at the moment. Infinitely better than the Hunter so far.

bright lights, big city

Between this and new Every Time I Die I'm already set for the rest of summer.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Diamond In The Witch House and Halloween are my favorite ones, the whole album is just excellent. Many were doubting them but so cool that everyone is enjoying it.
Deluxe Edition come home soon!!!! :(

RoyalDeftonicBoy

sing blue silver

Been really busy lately so I haven't had too much time to check it out but after 2 listens it's pretty badass and groovy as all hell.

deftones47

Northcal

RoyalDeftonicBoy

My new order of Remission Deluxe edition arrived and I thought I could share some pix with you guys
Very awesome art, LPs and design.
Fucking epic and even my dad was like "Bring it over here so we listen to it on the turntable"

Be Quiet And Drive

Fantastic album.

Quote from: M1GHTY M4VS on Dec 04, 2013, 10:49 PM

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 04, 2013, 04:37 PM
Oh wow, yep that is pretty offensive

They say they implicite history on this but take it from whatever perspective, it is offensive as it discriminates (or better remind of massive genocide of ethnics rather than an even fight). The Minority of the Native Americans that got rotten out by the Native Settlers would still argue that this is very offensive in particular as it just shows an unarmed women praising food due to threat which is alone a no go for such things). Insert whatever if you don't feel offended, if you would be jewish or muslim you would riot if this was one of them these days. It is really not necessary to display such a disgrace of portrayed racism for a band as mastodon whether they think it's sarcastic or funny despite it showed partially controversial truth such as robbery and harm to life actions.
Insert whatever you like to whatever you hate and you'll find the answer why it is not appropriate to promote stuff, why to bash other cultures or groups just because of their origin. It wasn't for their actions or opinions, they just were in a place where conquerers took their freedom because those were seeking their "New Life in a New World". It did happen of course nobody is argueing on this but what has the band to do with it, it wasn't bound to a trusty statement or worthy opinion nor any logical educational aim. It was just the bands merch to sell and choosen motive of historical events. They could've gone with a rapture picture even. And seeing this with what happened on another aquation with the pedophile from Lost Prophets not long ago they could even have chosen such a design because it is historical accurate and they think it's funny or worth mentioning.
See how much people pull this into the prp comments already. Just because you don't feel offended doesn't mean it suits the general conduct, they messed up on the shirt, they could have taken out the gun, gave the settler a huge fat stomach and make the native unhealthy thin with bones on plate and would still show it less dramatized as it shows the process in a less martial but more enduring process.

To educate a man in mind and not in morals is in vain, long texts dont teach this dumbass bringht lights, big city. Unfortunately, in fact you are explaining something like this to someone that don't give two shits about it. This excrement bright lights, big city makes fun of blacks and insult drug abusers and public defend someone kicked of the forum that thinks the pedophile from lost prophets was a cool article, so don't expect too much from him. Some people will never learn anything. Beautiful text though.

Crazylegs

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Aug 02, 2014, 04:39 AM
My new order of Remission Deluxe edition arrived and I thought I could share some pix with you guys
Fucking epic and even my dad was like "Bring it over here so we listen to it on the turntable"

Cool beans, dude. Nice collectible for sure.

tarkil

Quote from: Crazylegs on Aug 03, 2014, 01:43 AM
Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Aug 02, 2014, 04:39 AM

Cool beans, dude. Nice collectible for sure.

Looks fucking magnificent indeed !!!!!!!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Be Quiet And Drive on Aug 02, 2014, 07:35 PM
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is in vain, long texts dont teach this dumbass bringht lights, big city. Unfortunately, in fact you are explaining something like this to someone that don't give two shits about it. This excrement bright lights, big city makes fun of blacks and insult drug abusers and public defend someone kicked of the forum that thinks the pedophile from lost prophets was a cool article, so don't expect too much from him. Some people will never learn anything. Beautiful text though.
Sounds about right. Good to see you round these parts again.

On topic, that LP looks beautiful. Love how Mastodon really seems to get creative and goes the extra mile with their artwork and collectibles. Doesn't seem like your usual, everyday re-issue.
DERP

Bet everyone who doubted this release in this thread is loving the album.

I think this album was great
asleep in the deep   is probably the best song they have ever done.

people are people

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 04, 2014, 06:58 AM
Quote from: Be Quiet And Drive on Aug 02, 2014, 07:35 PM
Sounds about right. Good to see you round these parts again.

On topic, that LP looks beautiful. Love how Mastodon really seems to get creative and goes the extra mile with their artwork and collectibles. Doesn't seem like your usual, everyday re-issue.

Good to see you too, and I enjoy the irony of your quote in the signature...

On Topic.. Well said, I enjoy particularly their artwork and collectibles. :)

jeroenD27

deftones47

The Mastodon/Gojira/Kvelertak encore tour began a few days ago.

Anyone seeing them November 4th in Baltimore at Rams Head? I'll be there.