Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Mastodon

Started by Chrisbo, Sep 13, 2006, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jizzlobber

Does anyone know what the bands connection with Scott Kelly is all about? i know he's in Neurosis, but why is he on The last 2 Mastodon albums.(i dont think he was on the first)

<

Chrisbo

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Oct 10, 2006, 02:15 PM
lol...im jealous too. and i havent seem them live yet!...so im looking forward to that. and if they are better than Metallica, they must be fookin awsome!

They're fucking amazing live man! The next time they tour here, you better get your ass to one of their shows or you'll regret it hehe!

As for the connection thing, I havent got a scooby man! All I know is that I remember reading quite a few interviews where the band mentions Neurosis as a key influence, so dont know, maybe they just asked, and he accepted. Then again, Mastodon isnt the first band the band members were in, Brann and Bill were in Today Is The Day for a while, maybe there's some link there and whatnot, or maybe they toured with Neurosis or one of the various side projects or something and became friends with him. I really dont know how, but I'd like to know!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

alvarezbassist17

i can't tell if it's the same singer from leviathan, but one of em sounds just like the guy from mudvayne when he screams on a bunch of the songs (not a bad thing)

i haven't listened to the new album enough yet, but i've liked what i've heard and i loved the first 2

tarkil

Mastodon + Josh Homme live (sound check) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfMbWqgSD3Q

Oh, and I'll be seeing them live in December... I'm so happy about it... :o ;D

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

-jULIEN-

The last two Mastodon records was very amazing.... But the new records.......  >:(  Wath's that???? Dope...
'We're Never Gonna Be A Huge Band And I Don't Care' C.Moreno

tarkil

No man, last one is awesome too... They're all awesome... Really...

Azwethinkweiz

blood mountain owns all of their releases.

Chrisbo

Blood Mountain is amazing! Still cant be completely sure if it's better than Leviathan, but yeah, all releases are just so fucking good!

November 25th is gonna be so awesome! Mastodon + Tool = dirty pants!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

tarkil

Quote from: Chrisbo on Oct 20, 2006, 06:06 PM
December 12th is gonna be so awesome! Mastodon + Tool = wet pants!

8)

Azwethinkweiz

'colony of birchmen' video.

http://www.mp3.com/albums/20125626/summary.html

cool vid, but im dissapointed that josh homme isnt in it.

tarkil

Thanks for the link sir... :)

tarkil

Mastodon on the road with Tool part 1 :

[youtube=425,350]c3YN6y99wYk[/youtube]

333tone

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Drakesmoke1

Quote from: Chrisbo on Oct 20, 2006, 06:06 PM
Blood Mountain is amazing! Still cant be completely sure if it's better than Leviathan, but yeah, all releases are just so fucking good!

November 25th is gonna be so awesome! Mastodon + Tool = dirty pants!

I wasn't sure either, but I think it's 'cause I'd lived with Leviathan for so long. Then I stuck it on headphones whilst I read a book and just let it flow...A brilliant way to get into an 'album' type band, 'cause when you come back to it you know it all subconciously. I honestly think this might be the 'Puppets' of this generation...I know that was banded about for Leviathan but I think this is the one!

They're one of those bands where the riffs are really lyrical and tell a story (or maybe that should be a 'saga'!) I don't know if anyone will understand that. It's like listening to a symphony, but a symphony arranged for drop-tuned guitars and thunderclouds and played punk as fuck barbarians. 'Crystal Skull' is just awesome. You won't get that bridge riff out of your head for centuries!

To all those wanting it uploading, go and buy it! Didn't Lars Ulrich teach you that you're killing music?
'That island, on the beach. We could take this boat...'

theis

wtf ? that didn't sound like mastodon at all.

sounded like poop.

Xrated_Transmission

Mastodon is deffently on my top 5 of favorite bands

White Wrist

A friend of mine, was trying to make some lyrics to Pendelous skin, i mean, we think that there are some words, altought all lyrics web pages (even the official one) just says "instrumental". He just heightened the volume from his PC and start writing some of words he thinks that are the lyrics

"nooooo left of rain
high long long long
you run away

motor rain, no
reserve rain, no

i love you more than
long long away, then

fly, i love the rain
die, love gerome gerome
you run away

must have rain, no
must have rain, no

i love you more than
long long away, then

fly, i love the rain
die, love gerome gerome
you run away

must have rain, no
must have rain, no

(guitar)

i love you more than
long long away, then

fly, i love the rain
die, love gerome gerome
you run away

must have rain, no
must have rain, no"

So, if you guys want to discuss, here is it.
They will be in Portugal in July ;D

Alvar

Quote from: moi on Mar 20, 2007, 05:47 PM
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/forkcast/41780

new song from mastodon

wtf is this?
so far i liked every album and every single song from this band and it quickly gained one of my favourite bands overall.
but this song.....sux....
does it feature some guest musician or who the fuck is squealing there? this really doesnt sound like a normal mastodon song. usually a band developing and changing its style, just like they did wit hthe last records, is a great and interesting thing, but this truly is leading into a wrong direction in my opinion.
but before i loose my trust in this band, i will wait for more stuff.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

theis

^ yeah that's what i thought too.