Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Need info on old deftones/Tinfed concert poster

Started by darkfader, Jan 25, 2013, 03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkfader

Hello,
I'm a huge deftones fan, from Sacto, CA.
I bought this poster last night, and need to find out more about it.
When it took place, where it took place? The date is written in French for some reason. etc.

any help would highly be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike :)

Ventrex

Year Month Day - Tour, Venue, City, Province, Country

1998 04 26 - World Annihilation Tour, Cabaret Juste Pour Rire, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Awesome show. ATF era vibe. Has been taped.

Dimanche = Sunday

darkfader

Quote from: Ventrex on Jan 25, 2013, 04:25 PM
Year Month Day - Tour, Venue, City, Province, Country

1998 04 26 - World Annihilation Tour, Cabaret Juste Pour Rire, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Awesome show. ATF era vibe. Has been taped.

Dimanche = Sunday

Holy Crap!
NICE!!! ...you attended the show yourself?
Thanks for the full name of the venue, you are a huge help.
Since I'm putting a lot of money into framing this piece, it's nice to have the background on it.

I did find this in my search, from a girl on Facebook...
I'm guessing it may have been the same tour. She had saw them in Toronto...I like how it says ***border crossing tonight*** lol.
So, it appears they did a few shows up North.

Ventrex

No, I was not there. But I collect bootlegs :) The show is up on utube btw:

Deftones - My Own Summer(Shove It) Live 1/14 @ Le Cabaret Pour Rire, Montreal, Quebec 06/24/1998

Here's a tour-o-graphy of them from 1995 to 2007: http://www.deftonesworld.com/old-tour-dates-archive/
It'll help you a lot with your research.

I found a concert review via google from the Toronto show you mentioned: http://www.angelfire.com/mo/danielsgrrl/deftones1.html
Crazy, it's still there after all these years ;D

darkfader

Dude!
You are the biggest help...thank you so much for this. Seriously...this is awesome.

Did you read the review?
hahaa...hilarious.

QuoteWhoa, it was a pretty fucking shitty band. A band named tinfed. They had this weird sound. It was kinda all mashed up together and stuff, definatly strange. It was funny though, cuz us they retards that we are, were pretending that we were "big fans" and that we know ALL the lyrics so we were like singing or supposedly singin or mouthing whatver, the lyrics, and everyones like "what the fuck, these chicks know the lyrics??" it was sad.

darkfader

Ventrex,
You've been a huge help so far...thank you, man.

Next on the list is this bad boy...Deftones / Drop Acid @ the Cattle Club.
I didn't see it on the list of shows...but that doesn't mean it's not out there. lol.
I should be framing this one up in a couple weeks. Haven't had time to do any research on it yet...but i have plenty of time before i frame her up. This one is pretty straight forward, dates and venue...just hoping to find more on it, like you found the vid to the show above.

darkfader

Deftone' ATF ©1997 postcard given to me yesterday.

Vesanic

Shit, Drop Acid's an old band that was based in Sacramento, they were around in the early 90's I believe, this is probably from the pre-Adrenaline days (90-94), almost nothing from that time is circulating.

darkfader

Quote from: Vesanic on Feb 10, 2013, 06:54 PM
Shit, Drop Acid's an old band that was based in Sacramento, they were around in the early 90's I believe, this is probably from the pre-Adrenaline days (90-94), almost nothing exists from these years.

Yeah!
At the Cattle Club even...which i believe closed down
quite a few years ago. I havent heard of a concert being played there in years.

He has a stack of original ATF promo posters just sitting there...$20 a pop.
I can probably talk him down from that because i do so much business with him.
If anyone is in the Sacto area, and is interested...let me know. Or i could ship them...
I've already shipped a few for my deftone' friends on fb.