Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

I had to remove some posts regarding the new album. Before you start shitting on me: understand I wouldn't have done it without good reasons. Those of you who already know, you're free to spread it among yourselves. Let's just try to keep this info in the actual Deftones community so the magazines don't jump on it.

Penicks

FBI gon shut this place down lmao

Vesanic

Hah, that's funny. You know what though, you reminded me the guy who leaked Chinese Democracy actually got apprehended by the FBI.

sharinglungs

Hopefully the removal was because the info was at least correct?

Inkblades

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 05, 2020, 12:02 AM
Hah, that's funny. You know what though, you reminded me the guy who leaked Chinese Democracy actually got apprehended by the FBI.

Lol, imagine going to prison over fucking Chinese Democracy.

Penicks

oh hi, my son. seizures ending pensively try emulating monetary birthdays etherized relationships

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Penicks on Jul 05, 2020, 02:43 PM
oh hi, my son. seizures ending pensively try emulating monetary birthdays etherized relationships

teething hexagram adrenaline nosebleed korea sextape <3

God

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jul 05, 2020, 11:52 AM
Yo, can someone hook me up with the info?

Nothing Special. Don't worry ...

Vesanic

sharinglungs

I really hope that an announcement is coming soon, I'm assuming the information was correct if they made the guy who interviewed Chino edit the album title reveal out of the video.

I'm assuming that there's something going on because they've basically all gone social media dark.

Sergio hasn't streamed in a long time, same with Chino on mixlr.

Roidragee

nicklav

rainnyx4

Album name is starting float around now. Can be found if one googles hard enough and is clever enough with some of the clues in plain sight.

LG95

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Jul 06, 2020, 05:55 PM
Album name is starting float around now. Can be found if one googles hard enough and is clever enough with some of the clues in plain sight.
Obviously have music soon.
I could float here forever

rainnyx4

Quote from: LG95 on Jul 06, 2020, 06:09 PM
Quote from: rainnyx4 on Jul 06, 2020, 05:55 PM
Obviously have music soon.

So many honorable observers, these days.

Lincblade

Someone in the comments of the PRP article claims to have heard 4 or so songs already. Wonder if they're telling the truth?

"In the same way that DE was different and new from SNW or Gore sounded different than DE and KNY. I've heard 4 songs and so far from what I've heard if Anyone was expecting a heavy album or a Steph heavy album I hate to burst your bubble. This sounds more like a KNY & Gore mix but a lot better than Gore. Everyone is different though that's just my interpretation."

Don't see why they'd lie but 4 songs of a likely 10-11 song album isn't quite enough to say if it is or isn't Steph heavy. I don't believe it'll be Steph heavy per se. But I vaguely remember reading something awhile back saying that he was definitely more involved and had more of a presence this time around.

Vesanic

You'd think people wouldn't judge an album on less than half of it. Deftones is still a metal band in my view, I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to go all br00tal just because the metalhead guitarist has taken his spot back in the creative section.

sharinglungs

I also wouldn't listen to random folks on ThePRP discussion boards either. We already know Stephen was more involved with this album, so it's going to be heavy. How heavy is the question at hand.

Also, Wookubus has stated in the comments that he had to remove a post because it contained the album name... Looks like it's pretty definitely the name...

Inkblades

I'm sure it will be the Deftones mix we've come to know and love: a couple songs with heavier moments, a ballad or two and then a bunch of atmospheric rock songs in between.

LG95

2020 and people are still arguing over something as basic as whether a record's going to be heavy.
I could float here forever