Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaptureWS

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 15, 2020, 02:55 AM
I love, love, love the idea of an electric light board forming into a crying face. Like a machine who figured out how to have emotions and is instantly depressed. It's kinda brilliant.

Exactly. This right here. Again...think about the album title name/definition.....
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Inkblades

Wait, you know what? What if the album is some thematic combination of previous covers?

A woman's face - Around the Fur, Saturday Night Wrist.
Lights - Koi No Yokan.
A skull - S/T.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 15, 2020, 03:02 AM
Wait, you know what? What if the album is some thematic combination of previous covers?

Lights - Koi No Yokan.
A skull - S/T.

Maybe it's what tokyodrifter hinted at the other day... maybe he wasn't talking about the music?

ATF/KNY/whatever the 3rd one was?

Roidragee

RaptureWS

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 15, 2020, 03:02 AM

Lights - Koi No Yokan.
A skull - S/T.

This is great thinking especially since Abe said they were going back to their core sounds on this album. It would make sense if the artwork was a call back to older albums while still being completely new and fresh

There Will Be Blood

Maybe something is gonna happen at 9:25pm tonight ?!?!? Lol

tokyodrifter

Sal_Ameigh

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 15, 2020, 12:05 AM
Or maybe this "complete black" thing is their way of telling us that they are going completely black metal.

Close. All of the lyrics will be sung in *AAVE. https://www.hawaii.edu/satocenter/langnet/definitions/aave.html
Chino is going back to his roots from growing up in the hood.

*ie. not sung in Standard American English.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: tokyodrifter on Aug 15, 2020, 03:49 AM
don't overthink

just wait

;)
Haha, Fuck I really want to know what it is but I'm also loving the mystery,  it's fun seeing everyone trying to work it out

ANattyRat

don't overthink

just wait

;)

Waiting is hard on its own, maybe we can overthink while we wait!

Sal_Ameigh

Quote from: There Will Be Blood on Aug 15, 2020, 03:47 AM
Maybe something is gonna happen at 9:25pm tonight ?!?!? Lol

SPOILER ALERT.  9 2 5 actually refers to the hit song 9 To 5 sung by Dolly Parton who will be appearing on the fist single from Album 9.

mono

RaptureWS

don't overthink

just wait

;)

Half my brain-"It's been 4 1/2 years. I can wait a little longer."
Half my brain-"IT'S BEEN 4 1/2 YEARS! I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!"

Hey, Tokyo, do you think in the future whenever Deftones hang em up for good, you'd tell us your identity? I have a guess but I'm sure it's wrong. IDK though, sometimes a personality can be spotted even through an anonymous forum. But having you in particular around here makes this even more fun. I wouldn't even want to know who you are until many years from now.

DEF_RICHIE

All I can say is I hope Chino and all the band members continue on with music in some shape or form in the distant future, whether that's with Deftones, producing other upcoming bands, solo albums, side projects, etc.

In the interview below starting at 8:00 Chino says he'll always have something to do with music in the future. Even if it's working in a record store lol... shit I can already picture him owning his own record store in Portland  ;D....any who check out the interview below. I know the interview is over 20 yrs old but makes me wonder if he believes the same thing or if his mentality has changed especially after so many years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjjLpvtU1Ak

sharinglungs

I dunno why everyone keeps assuming that they're hanging it up after this record... it's the most ridiculous rumor i've seen today lol

kleptoned

Formant

Quote from: kleptoned on Aug 15, 2020, 05:41 AM
9.25 more hours?

Hopefully not too far off. I'd love to wake up tomorrow and see some progress on this forming cover art.

Roidragee

they got 1-2 more albums in them after this one for sure