Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GR1X7S

Quote from: imbrie on Sep 21, 2020, 03:22 PM
Bring the Noise review:

https://www.bringthenoiseuk.com/202009/reviews/music-reviews/album-review-deftones-ohms

Radio Metal review (French):

http://www.radiometal.com/article/deftones-ohms-2,376688

Great reviews imo, and yet another example of mentioning different tracks as their favorites which shows the overall quality and diversity of this album.

imbrie

Quote from: GR1X7S on Sep 21, 2020, 03:29 PM
Quote from: imbrie on Sep 21, 2020, 03:22 PM
Bring the Noise review:

https://www.bringthenoiseuk.com/202009/reviews/music-reviews/album-review-deftones-ohms

Radio Metal review (French):

http://www.radiometal.com/article/deftones-ohms-2,376688

Great reviews imo, and yet another example of mentioning different tracks as their favorites which shows the overall quality and diversity of this album.

All the reviews that I've read so far are overwhelmingly positive which is, frankly, astounding this far into their career - Friday just can't come soon enough.

Visionz

Quote from: all3n_y on Sep 21, 2020, 07:25 AM
Quote from: Visionz on Sep 21, 2020, 06:18 AM
I do not know why or how, but when I look at the track listing for this album, all the song titles seem to fit together. I don't know if it's because I haven't heard the whole thing and I haven't looked at it that Way in my younger days,  but everything jives in some way that I cant explain for the first time ever, the track listing all seems to fit together even though they never fit with the songs because they are 90% of the time random. Also,  I am on the verge of listening to Genesis. Too many diehards out there that I remember from back in the day when I was a part of sharing lungs a long long long time ago revering it as a great track. I can't stand it anymore and I'm about to just do it because I realize how stupid it is to hold out because I'm proving nothing to nobody if I do or dont.... here we go
Sooo.... what did you think??

WOW. The last chorus is just idk .....perfect? I gotta let this breath a bit but im really really digging it more every listen. So much going on

LG95

Given the inevitable leak on Thursday, we're less than three days from hearing this. Maximum.
I could float here forever

imbrie

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 21, 2020, 03:52 PM
Given the inevitable leak on Thursday, we're less than three days from hearing this. Maximum.

Very true though I'll be very very surprised if it doesn't appear between now and Thursday.

imbrie

I really need this album to lift the spirits. My wife is unwell and waiting for a COVID test to arrive, working from home but also have two kids to look after while my wife is out of action as we're all having to isolate so really looking forward to hearing Ohms more than ever.

Visionz

Quote from: imbrie on Sep 21, 2020, 04:00 PM
I really need this album to lift the spirits. My wife is unwell and waiting for a COVID test to arrive, working from home but also have two kids to look after while my wife is out of action as we're all having to isolate so really looking forward to hearing Ohms more than ever.

Woah, good luck and stay positive. It will all work itself out man.

Yossarian

stay strong, bro... OHMS support is inevitable and coming your way
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

LG95

Hope your wife gets better soon, dude. Best wishes to your family. I'm sure Ohms will be a great isolation soundtrack.

Visionz

I am ridiculously excited. Like more than i was for ATF or WP or ST  etc etc.... my wife is getting a little annoyed with it. And with me being on my phone visiting this place  ;D it really is a great thing to be a deftones fan right fucking now

imbrie

Yo - thanks, guys! What a fucking year!

Far away

Stay strong, my friend. You and your family will be fine. And dont worry about the record. 2020 has been such a shitty year that we are due to some crazy/great news.
Trust!

all3n_y

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 21, 2020, 04:14 PM
I am ridiculously excited. Like more than i was for ATF or WP or ST  etc etc.... my wife is getting a little annoyed with it. And with me being on my phone visiting this place  ;D it really is a great thing to be a deftones fan right fucking now

Dude same here! I am on my phone all day! I'm currently following on here, Reddit, and the discord 😅

Matthewtheloser

Speaking of which, can someone please post the link to the discord again?

all3n_y

LG95

sharinglungs

Quote from: imbrie on Sep 21, 2020, 05:09 PM
Stereogum review:

https://www.stereogum.com/2098672/deftones-ohms-review/franchises/reviews/premature-evaluation/

I can't wait to hear This Link Is Dead!

"That atmosphere bleeds directly over into "This Link Is Dead," which I'm pretty sure isn't about proper website maintenance. It starts with the sonar creaking of an ice shelf and notes from an angelic horn before a cascading pick slide delivers a — once again — especially furious Moreno working a screamed verse into a brooding chorus. It also manages somehow, with all that around the edges, to be the most groove-heavy and violently explosive of the album. "