Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plagasx

Quote from: DenakDW on Sep 21, 2020, 10:03 PM
I want it to leak cause I already pre-ordered that bundle+hoodie lol

Same. Won't hurt to listen to it a couple days earlier  ;)

Visionz

Ha cobra kai! I mean damn, " How can you take your life?"... " How will you spend your time?" rising out if the ashes, i'm positive theres no sense of what ive been told or being told, were turning time inside out??!! LOST ::)

I mean I could go on and on about that theme in my head but I'm not trying to convince anyone that's what it is it's just my thought and I sort of believe it. It's kind of like how you put the video game theme into rocket skates that I really liked but never would have thought because I'm not a gamer and I don't see them playing video games these days but it's really cool.

lungdamage

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 21, 2020, 09:39 PM
I wish I never knew they were fans of the show Lost. I'm getting serious Lost vibes by the descriptions in the reviews. I mean about to be killed for reasons you don't know by forces unknown and sounds of the ocean and seagulls and just about everything... freedom?all that. I also know parts of diamond eyes if I recall correctly were inspired by Lost... TPID? I'm starting to believe Chino might be obsessed with the show just a thought. And I imagine that can bring out some damn good writing and inspiration and I like the idea

Haha Chino named a song 'This place is death' that was the title of a LOST episode that aired around the time he would have been naming the songs for the 'Diamond Eyes' record.  ;)

BallZDeeP

wouldn't that be some shit if cause of the Gore vinyl rip leak they all said "fuck you guys here you go" and gave us that as a release?

Visionz

Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 21, 2020, 11:09 PM
Quote from: Visionz on Sep 21, 2020, 09:39 PM
I wish I never knew they were fans of the show Lost. I'm getting serious Lost vibes by the descriptions in the reviews. I mean about to be killed for reasons you don't know by forces unknown and sounds of the ocean and seagulls and just about everything... freedom?all that. I also know parts of diamond eyes if I recall correctly were inspired by Lost... TPID? I'm starting to believe Chino might be obsessed with the show just a thought. And I imagine that can bring out some damn good writing and inspiration and I like the idea

Haha Chino named a song 'This place is death' that was the title of a LOST episode that aired around the time he would have been naming the songs for the 'Diamond Eyes' record.  ;)

Yes the show ended I believe in 2010 so it was probably the last season maybe even the last episode I can't remember. That one I know or knew already came from that but I feel like he has been really inspired by that ever since... maybe not so much with Koi but with diamond eyes, gore and now maybe this. Genesis can be interpreted in some of the lyrics as being inspired by Lost. He's a perfect artist to write from inspiration on such a theme. It's totally Chino when he is digging deep. Maybe KING KONG GET SOME that i hate Was inspired by the black smoke monster! Ha ha JK

pannch

Draken

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 21, 2020, 10:43 PM
Ha cobra kai! I mean damn, " How can you take your life?"... " How will you spend your time?" rising out if the ashes, i'm positive theres no sense of what ive been told or being told, were turning time inside out??!! LOST ::)

I mean I could go on and on about that theme in my head but I'm not trying to convince anyone that's what it is it's just my thought and I sort of believe it. It's kind of like how you put the video game theme into rocket skates that I really liked but never would have thought because I'm not a gamer and I don't see them playing video games these days but it's really cool.

lol no one's arguing with you... it's no secret they are fans of the show. During the making of Eros (i think) they had a picture up on their website with something related to Lost, and TPID title is definitely in reference to the show.

Visionz

Visionz

Quote from: Draken on Sep 21, 2020, 11:56 PM
Quote from: Visionz on Sep 21, 2020, 10:43 PM

lol no one's arguing with you... it's no secret they are fans of the show. During the making of Eros (i think) they had a picture up on their website with something related to Lost, and TPID title is definitely in reference to the show.

Why do u think im arguing with someone? If it bugs u that i couldnt help myself but add more of my thoughts about it, i dont care. And i knew abt the TPID idea like i said. Geez Louize

Visionz

Genesis is solid. I really like this track. Not into comparing somgs bc they dont write songs to b like other songs.... just sounds like they keep getting sharper n sharper and will always find new ideas no matter the doubt or EXPECTATIONS. Thats annoying too about Deftones fans especially. Good song Deftones

Visionz

Quote from: pannch on Sep 22, 2020, 12:16 AM
Quote from: Visionz on Sep 22, 2020, 12:02 AM
Quote from: pannch on Sep 21, 2020, 11:48 PM
Quote from: buflen on Sep 21, 2020, 07:58 PM
Quote from: kurtone on Sep 21, 2020, 07:39 PM
https://www.theprp.com/2020/09/21/news/deftones-chino-moreno-reveals-the-songs-he-listened-to-while-driving-to-the-studio-for-ohms-sessions/
my god this is dumb

Man, I see you complain and judge and negate everytime and everywhere. So for a change just stfu

Yes plz.... STFU. I cant believe u took the time to type that out like we care

Doesn't take more than 10 secs to type whatever the hell I wanna type, and I guess you don't speak for everyone here.

Umm. I was talking to the negative guy here not u. Im not and never have spoken for anyone here so it was a mixup, u got it confused.  :)

pannch

Awesome, I take my words back. Thanks for the clear up

Visionz

Quote from: pannch on Sep 22, 2020, 12:25 AM
Awesome, I take my words back. Thanks for the clear up

NP anytime ;) i reacted that way to him probably bc i had another KID tell me "Lol, nobodys arguing with you" bc they instantly forgot this is a forum where we all can express our thoughts especially positive welcomed thoughts, and i wasnt arguing with anyone bc nobody said anything shitty to me abt it until he did. I was venting sorry

DenakDW

i love u guys, pls don't fight,
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

buflen

I won't shut up if I think an article about an article just listing 10 songs chino listen in his car is dumb.

at least the origin article had more details.

which I saw after commenting on theprp and their, IN MY OPINION, lazy "journalism".

buflen

Quote from: pannch on Sep 22, 2020, 12:16 AM
https://www.theprp.com/2020/09/21/news/deftones-chino-moreno-reveals-the-songs-he-listened-to-while-driving-to-the-studio-for-ohms-sessions/
my god this is dumb

Man, I see you complain and judge and negate everytime and everywhere. So for a change just stfu

Doesn't take more than 10 secs to type whatever the hell I wanna type, and I guess you don't speak for everyone here.
And I can't believe you don't see the irony of this.

buflen

oh, i get it, you were the one that complained because people weren't answering your question like we owe you, and I called you out for it. It makes sense. Sorry for being rude, but i thought you were too.

buflen

my god this is dumb

You say a lot of things I don't care about and I dont go and complain about it. I just ignore it.

pannch

Quote from: buflen on Sep 22, 2020, 02:15 AM
oh, i get it, you were the one that complained because people weren't answering your question. It makes sense.

Just goes onto prove your annoying miasmic presence here, and well, wasn't only me who said this. I rest my case, peace unto you

buflen

Quote from: pannch on Sep 22, 2020, 02:22 AM
Quote from: buflen on Sep 22, 2020, 02:15 AM
oh, i get it, you were the one that complained because people weren't answering your question. It makes sense.

Just goes onto prove your annoying miasmic presence here, and well, wasn't only me who said this. I rest my case, peace unto you
Hey, I was looking into ways you could block me and hide my message, but I guess that's not something you can do on this board.