Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallZDeeP

Quote from: DenakDW on Sep 24, 2020, 01:33 AM
Quote from: secretbandinsider on Sep 24, 2020, 01:23 AM
Ok Pompeji is finally growing on me. TSOM is still the best fucking thing they've ever made. I kind of wish the whole album was just a 46 minute version of TSOM :P
Same here, I didn't like Pompeji that much at first listen... but now... fuck! I can't stop. 
TSOM... mmm still not loving it, but he'll, it's so sexy, and lyrics are top.

yup. I had the album on repeat for 9 hours today. I even appreciate the 2 singles more now

bebo

link is dead lyrics literally written by chino @ all of you lol

E-Money

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Sep 24, 2020, 12:31 AM
I just did the preorder and am listening for the first time.  Ceremony instantly put a smile on my face that the 2 singles didn't.  I wish the groove was a little longer but it's a good start.

Totally agree! Ceremony and Urantia both Gave me chills right out of the gate.

Antonch

bebo

Quote from: tarkil on Sep 20, 2020, 07:11 AM
Quote from: bebo on Sep 19, 2020, 11:24 PM
Looks like someone really fucked up at Amazon, the German listing for Ohms pre-order includes 15 sec snippets of every song on the record. Getting really strong Hole in the Earth vibes from Spell of Mathematics, everything sounds pretty experimental and new ground for the tones... Thank you Terry!

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08G3X1D8T/ref=ntt_mus_dp_dpt_1

Aaaaaaaah ! Finally !!!! And from bebo too.....
Man, that got me straight in the member berries....       :)

Good to see that you're still alive and kicking bebo...       

luv u

E-Money

I hear the same exact chords in Spell of mathematics as the ending of UUDDSelectStart of SNW Or Konami Code whatever u wanna call .. they are identical. Not complaining . It's perfect. What a song!!

Inkblades

If you asked me my top five songs on SNW, DE, KNY and Gore, I could easily give you a list.

As of right now, I don't think I can choose with Ohms. There's too many stand out songs. That's how you know it's a highly consistent album.

GR1X7S

If I could get a shipping email for my "clear with zine" pre order that'd be great 🙃

Visionz

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 24, 2020, 01:47 AM
If you asked me my top five songs on SNW, DE, KNY and Gore, I could easily give you a list.

As of right now, I don't think I can choose with Ohms. There's too many stand out songs. That's how you know it's a highly consistent album.
Its def higher shelf than those records imo

Vesanic

There Will Be Blood

secretbandinsider

Quote from: E-Money on Sep 24, 2020, 01:46 AM
I hear the same exact chords in Spell of mathematics as the ending of UUDDSelectStart of SNW Or Konami Code whatever u wanna call .. they are identical. Not complaining . It's perfect. What a song!!

UUDDSelectStart is literally my fave song by them so I was hoping there'd be something somewhat on par with that. TSOM did not disappoint.

Vanby

Is anyone  else kinda put off by sections of the vocals? It's like the only thing keeping it from being a 10/10 for me. Particularly the starts of Urantia, Error, Radiant City, and Headless. Just feels like they're spoken/sung in an odd cadence and melody in each of them and then the rest of the song works.

Only complaint really. Ceremony, This Link is Dead, and Ohms are my favorites followed closely by TSOM, Pompeji, and Headless. Overall fantastic album

DenakDW

Also the end of "headless" sounds very similar to the end of "prince"
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

There Will Be Blood

FYI Anyone requesting leaks or please PM me shit. I promise you I will personally temporarily ban you or worst. Thanks.

secretbandinsider

There's some odd cadence moments, yeah. Beginning of Ceremony comes to mind

There Will Be Blood

I don't mind pulling off wings and laughing if anyone F's up.

Playhouse

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 23, 2020, 11:05 PM
"Youre on your fucking own 3X,  IM SURE IMSURE OOOOOH"
- TLID. Hate this song. Maybe as i dissect it over time ill get into it but i hate that hes actually writing a letter to us.

LOL. srsly.
LOL
You're a star, You blaze

sharinglungs

Fuck. That bass line in Ceremony is so fucking sexy...

Vanby

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 24, 2020, 02:25 AM
Fuck. That bass line in Ceremony is so fucking sexy...

Sergio really shines on a lot of this

Which is honestly a mix of his ability and contribution and the production being top notch