Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visionz

Speaking of listening to the singles. I hate that I listened to them now and I had a pretty good idea that I would I even held out on Genesis for a few days. Now I rarely play them the last few days because I think if I do that for a while and kind of forget about them then I can revisit it as a package again. I'll bet my life I'm not the only one. I will never do it again

Draken

#5 on the list.

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/deftones-white-pony-10-things-you-didnt-know-about-game-changing-alt-metal-classic

That's so fucking crazy... I was listening to Dark Side Of The Moon a lot at the time when someone said: "here listen to this cd" and it was WP... :o

Hidalgo

i dom't think genesis is the true 2nd single, or really a single at all. i think it's kinda like rocket skates, sextape, beauty school, bloody cape, etc.. video made for it, but not really meant as radio single. Ohms is still the main radio single, and doing ok still

Visionz

This might come off sounding stupid and may not make sense but I was just thinking what if they had named the album "the spell of mathematics"? It's just a great album title as it is a great song title and the majority says it's the best song on the album as well... not that an album should be named after its best song but that's subjective anyways. Great Deftones album name IMO but it's Ohms

Vesanic

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 29, 2020, 01:37 AM
not that an album should be named after its best song

I mean, there's "Around the Fur" and "White Pony" was the tentative name for "Korea"...  ;D

Draken

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 29, 2020, 01:39 AM

I mean, there's "Around the Fur" and "White Pony" was the tentative name for "Korea"...  ;D

Draken

Inkblades

^ Caught a little bit of it. He played Team Sleep's Formant M and closed it with a Tarantel song.

Jesus2Chino

I remember Floyd coming up a lot during the SNW cycle when Bob Ezrin (who has done a lot of production work for Pink Floyd) was still on the project. We all know how that went, but as has been said, Pink Floyd seems to have been somewhere on the influence spectrum for quite a while.
Much respect,
-Matt

Visionz

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 29, 2020, 01:39 AM

Never mind what I said, what is your point? Or points? Who says which is the best song? I just wanted to say it would have been a great album name. It sounds great to me anyways

buflen

Error should have been first single.

Draken

You guys sure love this Error song huh?

I like it a lot more than I did initially, the 2nd half of the song is way better than the first imo. Would you think that Error would make a good closer? I'm not sure I like the sequencing of the album all that much. I love the transitions between songs but I feel they could have tweaked the song sequence a bit. And as much as I like Ceremony it just does not flow well from Genesis, the momentum of that song is broken so abruptly and it feels out of sequence. I would have had Urantia come afterwards.

kurtone

Just got an email that my hoodie/vinyl/zine shipped.

GR1X7S

This album is pure bliss. I usually don't try to harass my friends and family to check out a new Deftones album but I've convinced some people in my life to give it a chance and they all love it... At first I assumed it wouldn't resonate with non fans because it's not an immediately catchy album but it's had a great impression on people I've spoken with about it. They appreciate and were impressed with all of the elements coming together on each song and the atmosphere the band can create. Maybe now they'll understand why they're my favorite band lol

I've been trying to resist listening to it that much until I can experience it on vinyl, which should be here friday.

SomeOf

I totally agree: this album is pure bliss. I didn't expect such a powerful and organic comeback, especially after Gore and KNY (or even SNW).

After many listenings, I'm still amazed by every songs (and all the textures in them) and how well everything works together from start to finish.
Urantia, Ceremony, Error, TSOM, Radiant City, Headless.. I can't even choose.

I listened to the whole discography several times this last month and even if there are no bad albums (except maybe Gore IMO), my final ranking so far is :

01. Ohms
02. DE
03. ST
04. ATF
05. WP
06. KNY
07. SNW
08. Adrenaline
09. Gore

N0S3BLEED976

Extremely happy how positive most of us are about the new album and how everyone seems to have different favorites :-)
Good times to be a fan

laurapalmer

I'm enjoying Ohms immensely, however I can't see how it could be anyone's #1 when it's been out for 4 days. But more power to ya if it is.

Vesanic

For those still curious about the Pompeji title: during the Saturday Night Wrist cycle (I think it was the Nov-Dec tour specifically), they used the song "Pompeji" by Camouflage as the intro track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG5PBd265lI

As heard on this audio set at 00:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYk2huH7xSI

lungdamage

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 28, 2020, 03:51 PM
Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 28, 2020, 11:02 AM
Quote from: Draken on Sep 28, 2020, 10:40 AM
Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 28, 2020, 10:32 AM
Quote from: Draken on Sep 28, 2020, 10:25 AM
Quote from: Draken on Sep 28, 2020, 10:24 AM
Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 28, 2020, 10:23 AM
Quote from: Draken on Sep 28, 2020, 10:21 AM
Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 28, 2020, 10:17 AM
I  love the whole album - but my favs are the bottom three of the guy that rated the songs on the page or two before. TLID into Radiant City and I also love Error. It's just a wicked album. Flows well. I don't skip anything.

Hey im that guy drunka asashit lolsz muthafucka hell e=yeass I love it ttooooooooooo deftone for ever all you fuckking hater bitchessssssss..

Hahaha classic. Do you need me to call an ambulance?
If not keep rockin!

I'm cool bro, lol. thanks. I love this album. TO EACH THEIR OWN LOVE IT! THIS IS OUR TIME!

I am drunka shit on absinthe tho  ;D

Are you out on the Absinthe making forum posts?  You need to get something into yourself to straighten you up. So you don't end up in another city when you get out of the cab home :D (jokes.) Ps - I could tell you were hammered, have a good night, stay safe you crazy mofo :)

I'm cool ashit man thanks im at home my gfs asleep about to smoke and listen to this shit. Damn I'm feeling it lol. It's funny because I was supposed to take my bottle of absinthe to the lake I was circling all weekend but I forgot it. Didnt forget it tonight haha

Alright that's good to hear :) Crank some Ohms and blaze with it.  :)

Why don't you two call each other or take it up on the bullshit thread? Sorry I had to I couldn't help myself ;D

LOL. sorry about that tbh.

Moana91

The intro of Headless is in my heart a beautiful tribute to this song:

https://youtu.be/eaf08gtiitU
Good evening... and welcome to the white pony