Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

song played live/ online videos/ youtube

Started by vadimo, Nov 06, 2006, 04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

normsteez

Deftones At Ram Head Live part 2

Why does Frank leave the stage when they play songs that hes not involved in? Did he always do that? I have been noticing it recently, check it right before Drive comes on......
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

geraavl08

Maybe because he ISN'T involved in those songs, whats the point of him just standing there... But yea he's been doing that forever

normsteez

Quote from: geraavl08 on Nov 04, 2012, 02:37 AM
Maybe because he ISN'T involved in those songs, whats the point of him just standing there... But yea he's been doing that forever

Yeah i get that, must blow for him though.
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

lungdamage

Quote from: normsteez on Nov 04, 2012, 02:51 AM

IMO, i would stand just off stage for the ones that i don't contribute to as well, have a glass etc.
it's respectful + he doesn't have to be "lookin' like a fool with his pants on the ground", pogo'ing behind his keyboards and tables...

ponyx

Frank has the best and easiest job in the world, doesnt even break a sweat.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: normsteez on Nov 04, 2012, 02:51 AM

I really respect him for how he doesn't chase the spotlight though i am sure the guys would let him add more bits to songs he doesn't over do it just for the sake of being heard,bit of a silent hero i love what he does ,he's one of those guys you don't really notice when he's there but you would notice if he wasn't, he builds great soundscapes like on Digital Bath that's just awesome work he creates a whole dark underwater mood.

DeftonesNZ

Haha that singer is just fucking horrible

chuckles

I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

DeftonesNZ

This is one of my favourite performances of My own summer, Chino is obviously high as fuck i don't think he blinks once lol
Deftones - My Own Summer (Live @ Npa - 14.10.97)

Vesanic

Probably one of the best series of screams he's ever pulled off in a performance of My Own Summer. They are mindblowing. And no, it's not because it's a pro recording.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 14, 2012, 09:09 AM
This is one of my favourite performances of My own summer, Chino is obviously high as fuck i don't think he blinks once lol
Deftones - My Own Summer (Live @ Npa - 14.10.97)

It's my favourite performance of My Own Summer as well! I wish Vega would just shout the "shove it" nowadays, so Chino can entirely concentrate on the screaming itself

DeftonesNZ

Yeah it was amazing when Chi and Chino were both going at it Chi had really a really strong sounding voice

Vesanic

DeftonesNZ

He made me laugh sometimes he would pull of huge scream and then just go back to a casual poker face

P4n1cAtt4cK

KNY in it's entirety. Full album in HD, booklet video sweepthough and some pictures of the album casing.

cvthedrv

SomeOf

Everything seems more dark & brutal with Chi. I miss him.

slyartwork

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 14, 2012, 12:52 PM
Probably one of the best series of screams he's ever pulled off in a performance of My Own Summer. They are mindblowing. And no, it's not because it's a pro recording.

My fave too... Not even sure if Chino is high. It might just have been how he was into delivering the songs back in the day. This was the day after I saw them live for the first time. I miss 1997.
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

deftoner664

Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present