Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

song played live/ online videos/ youtube

Started by vadimo, Nov 06, 2006, 04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoop

People should dump more great performances or great quality vids here ;)   Can't ever have enough!

DeftonesNZ

DeftonesNZ

Funny clip of them singing backstreet boys ,Sergio is also in it which is cool considering it was 1999
Deftones hosting MTV`s 120 min.

chuckles

I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

Vesanic

Deftones
Roseland Ballroom
New York City
New York
USA
November 17th 1998

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd8gRFEamc_oY_Eyrwq_nziVcC5T7h8mY

Tracklist:

Intro (Depeche Mode - Pimpf) + My Own Summer (Shove It)
Root
Nosebleed
Mascara
Around the Fur
MX
7 Words
Bored
Birthmark
Engine No. 9 [feat. Chaka Malik from Orange 9MM)
Dai The Flu + Pink Maggit [Demo]
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)/Teclo [PJ Harvey tease]
Encore break + Headup

Notes: Dark, awesome set from the House of Fur tour. Just check it out. DVD rip.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Fiend on Dec 05, 2012, 11:14 PM
Here is a cover of "Beauty School"
Deftones - Beauty School Cover "Live at Home" (feat. Savas Soyler & Cafer Can Sengonul)
Damn could have been really good sort of like a Depeche Mode version but something's just not right the vocal don't suit the style not clean enough I think there's some sort of effect make's him sound a bit robotic and think with that and a bit more tweaks and details added to the instrumentals It could have been a good new take on it.

White Wrist

Starz

The drummer looks like the drummer from 30 Seconds to Mars

Ponte506

"AN TEKE A SWAAAAANG UN-DER-NEEEEEEE"

I'm sorry, but I can never take latino-based vocal covers of most songs seriously...it's like I'm always fighting with my ears to listen through the haze of poor English, that's mostly sang out of tune.

Then again...I can't really recall a decent Deftones cover to date.  Deftones covers are broken up into three categories:

1.  19 year olds that try to emulate Chino WAY too hard, and are so out of tune and whiny it completely throws off any mediocre instrumentals that may have been recorded.

2.  19 year olds that try to put some Chevelle or Daughtry sounding vocals on top of a Deftones track, making you wonder how many times they've actually have listened to the song in the first place (English-absent vocalists fall into this category as well). 
3.  Hipster chicks that have spent way too much of their time listening to Colbie Caillat and Michelle Branch doing obnoxiously artsy acoustic covers of the big acoustic three: "Be Quiet and Drive", "Change", and "Minerva".

As mean as that is...you all know I'm right. 

deftoolsys07

Quote from: Ponte506 on Dec 11, 2012, 01:08 AM
"AN TEKE A SWAAAAANG UN-DER-NEEEEEEE"

I'm sorry, but I can never take latino-based vocal covers of most songs seriously...it's like I'm always fighting with my ears to listen through the haze of poor English, that's mostly sang out of tune.

Then again...I can't really recall a decent Deftones cover to date.  Deftones covers are broken up into three categories:

1.  19 year olds that try to emulate Chino WAY too hard, and are so out of tune and whiny it completely throws off any mediocre instrumentals that may have been recorded.

2.  19 year olds that try to put some Chevelle or Daughtry sounding vocals on top of a Deftones track, making you wonder how many times they've actually have listened to the song in the first place (English-absent vocalists fall into this category as well). 
3.  Hipster chicks that have spent way too much of their time listening to Colbie Caillat and Michelle Branch doing obnoxiously artsy acoustic covers of the big acoustic three: "Be Quiet and Drive", "Change", and "Minerva".

As mean as that is...you all know I'm right. 

There are good covers out there, Bad Rabbits doing Sextape or Beauty School or whatever was pretty tight...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

DeftonesNZ

Haha fuck yes search deftones cover there is so many girls with acoustic guitars that all do the same thing,I get what you mean about accents I instantly stop listening if they can't pronounce the words properly like there was a guy who did a sextape and he put it on here recently I'm sure he has a good voice but that doesn't matter if you can pronounce the lyrics. I would like to see more covers in the style of the one above or Bad Rabbit's version of Sextape it's good to see someone trying an original take instead of trying to copy them directly especially with Chino's vocals, I have never heard any one pull them off

Slacker

Quote from: Ponte506 on Dec 11, 2012, 01:08 AM

nailed it

samson simpson

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 10, 2012, 08:22 AM
Deftones
Roseland Ballroom
New York City
New York
USA
November 17th 1998

nice

thanks V

ignore the fashion

Deftones - Leathers (HD Music Video)

just came across this now, i don't think its official, but still cool. sorry if its been posted already.

ignore the fashion

Martin

Nice. Seen it before, but then without the part of just Taproot doing the song.
(Hm. Brings back memories of the European Back To School tour, hah)

therealdaebat

---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

ignore the fashion

i was going through a bunch of old cds i had laying around but didn't have anything written on them. most of them had random deftones stuff scattered about them. so i came across this old video and uploaded it to youtube.

Chi Does Donk