Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Death/Black/"Extreme" Metal

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jan 02, 2007, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgentlovecraft

Old School Death Metal

1. Death - Suicide Machine (from Human)
2. Carcass - Corporal Jigsore Quandary (from Necroticism: Descanting the Insalubrious)
3. Bolt Thrower - All That Remains (from Realm of Chaos)
4. Suffocation -  Seeds of the Suffering (from Effigy of the Forgotten)
5. Morbid Angel - Visions from the Darkside (from Altars of Madness)
6. Entombed - Morbid Devourment (from Left Hand Path)
7. Cannibal Corpse (Chris Barnes) - Hammer Smashed Face (from Tomb of the Mutilated)
8. Possessed - The Exorcist (from Seven Churches)
9. Obituary - Gates to Hell (from Slowly We Rot)
10. Pungent Stench - Rex Paedophilus (from Club Mondo Bizzare)
11. Deicide - Dead by Dawn (from Deicide)

All righty then.  Here's the list of songs from some of the originators of death metal.  People could argue that there are more or that certain bands weren't pure old school death, but the purpose of this list is give those of you who don't have a broad knowledge of the metal sub-genres a taste.  If I can actually get them all together and upload them to a file store site then you'll have a compilation cd to bang in your car.  Or, if someone else has the time and wants to make an effort, then here you go. 

Azwethinkweiz

that shit's way too heavy for me.

anyways, the new machine head album is killer.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Drakesmoke1

'That island, on the beach. We could take this boat...'

Drakesmoke1

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Feb 09, 2007, 03:27 PM
Old School Death Metal

1. Death - Suicide Machine (from Human)
2. Carcass - Corporal Jigsore Quandary (from Necroticism: Descanting the Insalubrious)
3. Bolt Thrower - All That Remains (from Realm of Chaos)
4. Suffocation -  Seeds of the Suffering (from Effigy of the Forgotten)
5. Morbid Angel - Visions from the Darkside (from Altars of Madness)
6. Entombed - Morbid Devourment (from Left Hand Path)
7. Cannibal Corpse (Chris Barnes) - Hammer Smashed Face (from Tomb of the Mutilated)
8. Possessed - The Exorcist (from Seven Churches)
9. Obituary - Gates to Hell (from Slowly We Rot)
10. Pungent Stench - Rex Paedophilus (from Club Mondo Bizzare)
11. Deicide - Dead by Dawn (from Deicide)

All righty then.  Here's the list of songs from some of the originators of death metal.  People could argue that there are more or that certain bands weren't pure old school death, but the purpose of this list is give those of you who don't have a broad knowledge of the metal sub-genres a taste.  If I can actually get them all together and upload them to a file store site then you'll have a compilation cd to bang in your car.  Or, if someone else has the time and wants to make an effort, then here you go. 

Props man. I know on paper a list of 11 songs doesn't look much but cutting tracks is like killing your babies. Further props to the reasonable number of tracks, I am useless at this. My Thin Lizzy comp I did for a mate was around 28 tracks over two discs.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

It's impossible to make a Thin Lizzy comp.

There are just too many great songs.

Drakesmoke1

oldgentlovecraft

I'm decent at putting together songlists, but I'm not gonna lie, it takes me a while to narrow everything down.  That's a couple days of finding the right songs.  I'll keep going with other subgenres too, and maybe along the way others can jump in to help.

Rx~Queen~lsgurl

Does anybody like Theatre of Tragedy?

Drakesmoke1

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Stop Stealing My Banwidth? Man, I got over them and their shittiness ages ago.

Saturday Night Whiskey

sure
theyre the gods of heavy metal

"POWER....THE POWER POWER........
POWEEEEEEEEEAAARRRR!!!!!!!!"

Quote from: Sea~Bass on Feb 22, 2007, 12:00 AM
Hexagram is the breakfast of champions.
Hexagram is the breakfast of us warriors.

Drakesmoke1

Quote from: You Fail Me on Feb 11, 2007, 01:00 AM
Stop Stealing My Banwidth? Man, I got over them and their shittiness ages ago.

Soz. If I'm honest I've never heard even one song. Just something about them makes me stick my bottom lip out. Which to me is what metal is all about. Degh.

Oldnewtype

hey someone hook me up with some great Thin Lizzy. All I've heard is that one song on Guitar Hero, "Bad Reputation". But I love playing it.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Feb 13, 2007, 09:27 AM
hey someone hook me up with some great Thin Lizzy. All I've heard is that one song on Guitar Hero, "Bad Reputation". But I love playing it.

I'll put Dedication (sort of a 'best-of' album) on Rapidshit tomorrow if I can remember.

oldgentlovecraft

Check out Laethora if you get a chance.  Some really good death metal, creepy heavy shit.  There's a nice balance between mid tempo and grind.

http://www.myspace.com/laethora

4th Eye

Tomorrow's dedicated to metal from 3pm to 2am. Yah, it's time for Finnish Metal Expo. :) Looking forward to see Amon Amarth since last time I couldn't see the whole show.

cyppe101

Quote from: 4th Eye on Feb 16, 2007, 06:38 PM
Tomorrow's dedicated to metal from 3pm to 2am. Yah, it's time for Finnish Metal Expo. :) Looking forward to see Amon Amarth since last time I couldn't see the whole show.
Wish I could get there but...

Kerrohan mitä näit  ;)