Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Death/Black/"Extreme" Metal

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jan 02, 2007, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonerider_560

Never really got into death/black metal but it seems like pretty intense stuff.  anyway, I prefer the doom/sludge shit like down.  to me, nola is a fuckin metal classic.  also high on fire are amazing, they sound so huge both on album and live.  the sword have a truly thick heavy sound and Superjoint Ritual are brutal.  also melvins

yoda on mars

333tone

I don't think so.Leviathan are a black metal from USA, and i think they released a split album with Xasthur.

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

333tone

Ok, although i haven't heard this, i think the description is pretty weird.

"This is a disgusting piece of filth. Very likely the heaviest thing you will have the displeasure of hearing. It is dirt choked death; deeply submerged aquatic suffcocation. There is the ominous feeling when listening to Cthonic Rites that you will somehow summon other worldy beings with hard to pronounce names like Yog Sothoth and Shub Niggurath. Even likelier that the leviathan himself, HP Lovecrafts great god Cthulu, will rise from murky depths to claim your soul and lay waste to this fucked up planet. Such is the psychological decay and atmospheric disturbance created by Moss over a total of two tracks. The first chord alone sounds like the anus of Hell opening up and sucking every good thing you ever knew into its horrifying blackness. You have been warned.

Moss - Cthonic Rites (2005)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5OJ66BSQ

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: yoda on mars on Mar 26, 2007, 11:56 PM
Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Mar 12, 2007, 02:04 AM
Any Xasthur or Leviathan fans on here?

You mean Mastodon album?

Raw as fuck black metal.  Good atmospheric stuff.

yoda on mars

yeah!

Behemoth will be part of Ozzfest this year.

oldgentlovecraft

Nile, Behemoth and Lamb of God.  I'm so fucking there.

4th Eye

Wacken got some good stuff too but I think I'm gonna skip it this time. While last year's trip was awesome, it took a big slice of my wallet and liver. Maybe 2008 then.

Well, in this summer's festivals I'm gonna see Immortal, Emperor, Children Of Bodom, Amorphis, Katatonia, WASP and much more. Probably even Megadeth! And if I have too much money, possibly Lamb Of God, In Flames and Mastodon.

Jizzlobber

im planning on th going to Wacken! me and some mates. cant wait, its gonna be heavy, the line up is killer. Iced Earth are playing and im so into Iced Earth these days. fuck yea
<

4th Eye

The pits are fucking huge and intense there! You have been warned!  ;)

333tone

Villains-Drenched In Poisons (2007)

Deathrash band with two guys from unearthly trance/thralldom. I haven't downloaded it yet, but i think it's gonna be good.

http://rapidshare.com/files/26145734/V-DIP_MediaPortal.ru.rar.html

oldgentlovecraft

Been listening to a ton of black metal lately: Gorgoroth, Dark Funeral, 1349, Satyricon, Emperor, Enslaved, Borknagar, etc.  Love it.

4th Eye

"Hi, and Welcome to BlackDonald's! May I recommend: The Unhappy meal. It includes a Dimmu Burger, a Cradle of Fries, a medium Satyricola, and an Enochian Croissant." :)

I've been listening to some Enslaved and Emperor too but mostly Old Man's Child's "Vermin". Brillant album!

333tone

A friend of mine just sent me the new Mayhem album, so i thought i'd share!

http://rapidshare.com/files/26322000/ordo.rar.html

fireflyry

Quote from: lonerider_560 on Mar 26, 2007, 12:51 PM
Never really got into death/black metal but it seems like pretty intense stuff.  anyway, I prefer the doom/sludge shit like down.  to me, nola is a fuckin metal classic.  also high on fire are amazing, they sound so huge both on album and live.  the sword have a truly thick heavy sound and Superjoint Ritual are brutal.  also melvins

Check out a band called Eyehategod.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Subliminal

I'm going to 2 Lamb of God club gigs in the summer, I can't fuckin wait!!

moi

could someone please upload trouble - psalm 9 please thanks

4th Eye

Anyone heard the new Dark Tranquillity? Bought it yesterday and listening now for the first time. Sounds promising so far!

xDeadstar

Can you share it plz? I would like to hear it too :)
Cause I wanne know if it's worth buying ;)

4th Eye

Sorry mate, I'm at work and somehow the uploading (nor downloading) ain't working. And I don't have internet at home.

But it's worth buying if you think their previous albums were worth buying. It's kinda like a mixture of "Character" and "Haven".