Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Post Rock/ Ambient Thread

Started by justaphase, Mar 16, 2007, 07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starz

Thanks. I don't think many people appreciated my previous one.

justaphase

Quote from: Starz on Mar 17, 2007, 06:59 PM
Thanks. I don't think many people appreciated my previous one.

ay man we seem to have the same exact music taste
do you have lastfm

lastfm
or
myspace

black coffee

Quote from: Zevaka on Mar 17, 2007, 10:12 AM
i love Hammock very much. i have their Kenotic, and  raising your voice trying to stop an echo. And some EP. Maybe some of you, guys, have more?;)

Explosions in the sky are too simple for me, as i said once, it's not music  to listen, but to play in the backgroud while doing something.

another Hammock fan there, thats nice.

Raising Your Voice...Trying To Stop An Echo is such a great album. I got two more EP's and could upload those. Stranded Under Endless Sky and The Sleepover Series ( Vol. 1 )

But you say EITS make "simple music"? You surely didn't listen to Suddenly I Miss Everyone yet.

this will be a great year for me ... I'm gonna see Mogwai, Isis, The Ardade Fire and Red Sparowes. badass

Zevaka

Can you ul The Sleepover Series ( Vol. 1 ), please?

Well, explosions. Indeed, i haven't listened to their last release very much, but at first it made me think "well, hothing new here". Maybe, i'll give one more  try.
Their Rescue, TEINACDP and How Strange, Innocence sound so similar, they used the same effects. They sound like one album, and that not good at all.
I can't say they are bad, no, no! But i after so many listens to them i still can't tell some places which are worth marking, Which i'd remember. Sorry))))
In fact, they are soft version of isis, but isis music is so various...
It's my own opinion, and i can be wrong, certainly.

black coffee

and we are here because we like opinions, right? otherwise visiting a message board would be the wrong thing to do. it is indeed possible, that EITS didn't redefine themselves on the new album, but saying they make simple music, is like telling others nobody in the world cares for soccer - it is simply wrong ;)

theis

'all of a sudden i miss everyone' is definitely an excellent album.

probably my favorite 'explosions...' album.

law

Can you upload it dude? I'm interested in hearing it...

theis

law

Starz

I agree, 'All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone' is their best album too...

You Judas are another cool band to check out too, and they have vocals  ;)

Nailec

good thread. i love most of the bands u mentioned.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: yoda on mars on Mar 17, 2007, 10:53 AM
old man gloom

That's post-metal. So are Isis and Pelican. But it's basically the same thing.

And Yndi Halda are fucking amazing.

So are 65dos. I've been into them for about a year now.

333tone

5ive's first album album kicks ass! Anyone else a fan?

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

justaphase

i'll upload 65daysofstatic albums when i get back home? i know 'the fall of math' is good

check out 'the drift'

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: justaphase on Mar 19, 2007, 09:17 PM
i'll upload 65daysofstatic albums when i get back home? i know 'the fall of math' is good

check out 'the drift'

I have Hole, Fall of Math, One Time for All Time, and Stumble Stop Repeat.

I absolutely love One Time For All Time and Hole. Two of my all time favorite albums...but I guess I say that about alot of bands, haha.

ben

I saw Pelican and Russian Circles lastnight.  Excellent.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Are Pelican on tour?

God, I hope they play Neumos soon. I love that venue.

Chrisbo

Pelican (w/ These Arms Are Snakes) is the next gig I've got on April 16th. This will be my third time seeing the band, and once again in the same venue. Should be cool.

ISIS are back here in May as well, really really cant wait for that. They're in my top 5 bands of all time, and it'll be nice to hear some of ITAOT in the flesh!

Mogwai are playing here in Edinburgh on the 13th of April too, so hope I can get money for the tickets before they sell out.

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Zevaka

Chrisbo, bitch, you visit 100000 shows a day, don't you?

i'm jealous

Saturday Night Whiskey777

I fucked you on a chair with 3 legs.

a"needle in a haystack"

Forever on, together we won.