Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New album

Started by Jerry_Curls, May 27, 2007, 04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mono

TSever

Quote from: no on May 30, 2007, 09:11 PM
cool. early 2008 means it will be released in late 2010 if it doesn't leak first.

haha, my thoughts exactly. if its going to be anything like the self-titled record that is

TSever

Quote from: ToneDef on Jun 01, 2007, 12:13 PM
Quote from: no on Jun 01, 2007, 11:32 AM
the new album will be awesome up until chino lays down vocals and totally ruins it.

Like how Chino, Todd and Mr. Hill were the only things worth listening to on the last CD? Please...

Crooks input was terrible. Fucking terrible. His beats are repetitive as fuck and sounded awful. The entire albums production was weak IMO.

Also, Robs vocals: Bland as fuck.

Chinos vocals were the highlight of the album. Stop trying to be controversial.

no shit, without chino, there is no team sleep.

TSever

fuck you if you dont like team sleep.  :D ;D

Penicks

EDIT BUTTON MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU USE IT?

Vesanic

Quote from: Penicks on Jul 14, 2009, 01:55 PM
EDIT BUTTON MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU USE IT?

That's my boy. A fuckin' dikkenek, isn't he ?

rock_n_frost

whats happening
whats HAPPENING

GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE

(sharing lungs police)
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

TSever

unfamed

Quote from: TSever on Jul 14, 2009, 09:26 AM
Quote from: ToneDef on Jun 01, 2007, 12:13 PM
Quote from: no on Jun 01, 2007, 11:32 AM
the new album will be awesome up until chino lays down vocals and totally ruins it.

Like how Chino, Todd and Mr. Hill were the only things worth listening to on the last CD? Please...

Crooks input was terrible. Fucking terrible. His beats are repetitive as fuck and sounded awful. The entire albums production was weak IMO.

Also, Robs vocals: Bland as fuck.

Chinos vocals were the highlight of the album. Stop trying to be controversial.

no shit, without chino, there is no team sleep.

I disagree, I feel that Rick and Zach are the strongest songwriters in the group though Zach hasn't written that much (that we've heard) for team sleep, Todd and Crook tend to be more concerned with experimenting and finding new and different ways to create sounds. Clearly, without Chino, the Team is still 4/5 there.
never odd or even

dufftones

chino wasnt supposed to be a big part of the new album is what they said after the self titled tour

siL.

I think rick is seriously the weakest link in the group. There are many times when listening to self-titled that the bass just seems limp and uninspired, and I can imagine how a more inventive or technical bassist would drastically improve some of the songs. I also tend to think that this project suits Rob Crowe vocal style more than Chino's if they continue the trend of the last album. Not to say I dislike all of Chino's contributions (I think WWI and the leaked 2001 demos are amazing) but I wish chino and rob (if he is to ever work with Team Sleep again) would find a way to better blend their voices, or harmonize with each other, or something.

Vesanic

Team Sleep is dead anyway...

E-Money

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 13, 2010, 01:50 AM
Team Sleep is dead anyway...

probably for a couple of years....but I don't think they're done for.  I bet there's a new album in the future

Fireal1222

the leak > self titled

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

cEvin Key

I like the some of the demos from team sleep...I think they should have keep it electronic an minimalistic...turning team sleep into a band wasn't a good idea.I dont see them as a very solid band.if team sleep is to continue they should things like they did in the beginning just Chino,Crook and Todd. otherwise they should call it a day...

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

beaverwithfishyshoes

wasnt there this schedule, planning to releasing EP's now and then, with a full cd 2010... guess that found the water

derekautomatica

Quote from: cEvin Key on Apr 14, 2010, 05:00 PM
I like the some of the demos from team sleep...I think they should have keep it electronic an minimalistic...turning team sleep into a band wasn't a good idea.I dont see them as a very solid band.if team sleep is to continue they should things like they did in the beginning just Chino,Crook and Todd. otherwise they should call it a day...

definitely.

pony_01

2010 and there's no team sleep. chino and the gang always made us waiting.

Deadradio

it will happen 1 day.