latest concert you've been to

Started by goldpony, Oct 04, 2007, 10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neutron liar

in the last month, I've seen the Flobots, Gogol Bordello, and MSI [x4]

devilinside

goldpony

The Cure - Wolstein Center at Cleveland State University - 06182008

AWESOME SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The opening act was 65 Days of static, overall not bad but a very short set (30 minutes) and 45 minutes between them and the cure >:( I really dug the music, but the thing that bugged me was that all the synth and effects were pre-recorded so it was like watching musicians play along with a tape. its a LIVE performance (even if the bassist is in charge of this, you think they could have got someone to fill in)

The CURE - what can i say, fucking awesome. played for over 2 1/2 hours (I didnt stay for the second encore - i was running on 5 hours sleep and had a two hour car ride home). Highlights were Torture, Push, Primary(!) and Wrong Number, i have never heard them play these live

set list (in no particualr order, tho the first two songs and encore are correct)

open
fascination Street
inbetween days
perfect boy (new song, really good)
primary
just like heaven (the crowd was louder than robert!)
pictures of you
a night like this
the only one (new song, again really good)
? (i didnt recognize this song, but it wasn't new cause there were fans singing along, ive heard all the cure albums and still didnt recognize)
wrong number
hot hot hot
torture
push
from the edge of the deep green sea
Sleep when im dead(another new song, it was alright)
love song
one hundred years
lullaby (the crowd lost their shit when they played this)
the end of the world
us or them
charlotte sometimes
never enough

encore:
at night
play for today
M
a forest

and the whole set list in correct order (from cleveland plain dealer review), i cant belive i missed the second encore :'(

SET LIST: "Open," "Fascination Street," "A Night Like This," "The End of the World," "Lovesong," "Want," "Pictures of You," "Lullaby," "The Perfect Boy," "From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea," "Kyoto Song," "Hot Hot Hot," "The Only One," "Charlotte Sometimes," "Torture," "Sleep When I'm Dead," "Push," "Inbetween Days," "Just Like Heaven," "Primary," "Us or Them," "Never Enough," "Wrong Number," "One Hundred Years," "End"

(first encore) "At Night," "M," "Play for Today," "A Forest"

(second encore) "Three Imaginary Boys," "Fire In Cairo," "Boys Don't Cry," "Jumping Someone Else's Train," "Grinding Halt," "10:15 Saturday Night," "Killing an Arab"

"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

devilinside

That's awesome!! I had a friend see them in CA,and she said Robert would just stop and pose so people could take pictures of him. haha
She said "It ROCKED!!! They played for over 2 hours for their first set!!! Then went on to play another 1.5 hours after that!"

goldpony

yeah, there were a few times when he did that. during never enough he grabbed a mike and walked around posing on different points on the stage. the best part was we got there mad early and they upgraded our seats (the venue was only half full, 4000 at an 8000 seat venue) so we were right on the side of the stage. when he came over to our side everyone around us lost it, cause he was lookin directly at us. definitely alot more energy on the stage than ive ever seen, even though the crowd was pretty subdued (i was surprised at  how old some of the people were ;D)
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

devilinside

Uh hello! The Cure! 80's! haha

goldpony

Quote from: devilinside on Jun 20, 2008, 03:24 AM
Uh hello! The Cure! 80's! haha

judging by some of the people, more like 70's :)
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

neutron liar

devilinside

Woooow! I've always had a girl crush on Lyn Z. :)

neutron liar

Quote from: devilinside on Jun 21, 2008, 04:36 AM
Woooow! I've always had a girl crush on Lyn Z. :)

really? I think most of us do.  this was out back of the venue before the last show I saw

devilinside

I cant believe she married Gerard...meh

Alvar

THE OCEAN in marburg
fucking great concert. cult of luna had to cancel their show because they got stuck in a traffic jam for 6 hours, what really pissed most people of.
but the ocean played a massive setlist and had a perfect, powerful performance.
maybe it was the best concert that i've ever seen :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-ENZdrMLzQU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u-onRxgG_jU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogHXvAQ2a_U

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

neutron liar

saw a lot at Milwaukee's Summerfest this year.

Flobots
the Crystal Method, Dieselboy, Lee Burridge
Less than Jake
Slightly Stoopid

bright lights, big city

Quote from: neutron liar on Jul 07, 2008, 11:01 PM
saw a lot at Milwaukee's Summerfest this year.

Flobots
the Crystal Method, Dieselboy, Lee Burridge
Less than Jake
Slightly Stoopid
lucky, i really wanted to head up there this year. but yeah i failed.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

ARIETE

puta madre el ultimo concierto    ke fui  fue el año pasado  el  14 de febrero  coldplay en santiago de chile y el 13 de febrero   un dia antes el de  deftones en la estacion mapocho   je je     me jodi  mi oido izquiero   por estar..   dos  dias  cerca  del escenario..

lithium

you wanna know how i know you're gay?
💩

Battle-Axe

Last show I went to was Ted Maul last Wednesday and they were awesome... though their set was a bit short :[

I spoke to their vocalist after the show as well and after demanding they come back up to Manchester with Meshuggah he was like "we're actually waiting for confirmation to see if we can get a support slot with them" :D

Next shows are The Acacia Strain in Sheffield on the 25th, Johnny Truant on the 28th then The Acacia Strain in Manchester on the 29th ^__^

vinsanity

Went to see Iron Maiden and Rage Against the Machine here in Lisbon in 2 consecutive days, 9th july, 10th july, best gigs i've ever seen.
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

White Wrist

metallica + machine head in Rock in Rio festival.

GooniesNeverSayDie

Meshuggah
Dillinger escape plan
between teh buried and me

:)
YOU! Cake or DEATH??? - Eddie Izzard