Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Diamond Eyes - Thoughts + reviews

Started by pissedandpierced, Oct 11, 2007, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

BillyNo.9

What the fuck is shinedown? Either way its gonna promote deftones one way or another... Plus diamond eyes is a pretty common way to describe someone beautiful :)

wheresmysnare

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Dec 16, 2010, 01:53 AM
What the fuck is shinedown? Either way its gonna promote deftones one way or another... Plus diamond eyes is a pretty common way to describe someone beautiful :)

They are in my opinion a shit rock/metalish band from jacksonville, their song was released this year shortly after deftones released DE, they released it for the expendables film.

I know its a phrase, but seriously, it's hardly common, still i will be winding up their fans about it on youtube for entertainment value.

Hidalgo

i'd never heard the term diamond eyes before deftones. crystal eyes by LA guns is the closest term i'd heard(also an excellent tune)

BillyNo.9

Wierd, older people use it more than kids.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Dec 15, 2010, 09:10 PM
I've noticed that Shinedown have released a new single called Diamond Eyes - rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrripppp offffffffff"!
I am fucking irrate right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pussy ass motherfuckin bands are realizing Deftones have theeeeeee formula for longevity and are trying to immitate inderectly and in this case, directly. I am pissed like I'm part of the band or something,LOL  AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

sing blue silver

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Dec 18, 2010, 11:07 PM
I've noticed that Shinedown have released a new single called Diamond Eyes - rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrripppp offffffffff"!
I am fucking irrate right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pussy ass motherfuckin bands are realizing Deftones have theeeeeee formula for longevity and are trying to immitate inderectly and in this case, directly. I am pissed like I'm part of the band or something,LOL  AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

did your mom drink when she was pregnant?

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: sing blue silver on Dec 20, 2010, 02:13 AM
Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Dec 18, 2010, 11:07 PM
I am fucking irrate right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pussy ass motherfuckin bands are realizing Deftones have theeeeeee formula for longevity and are trying to immitate inderectly and in this case, directly. I am pissed like I'm part of the band or something,LOL  AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

did your mom drink when she was pregnant?
??????????????????? K dude Shouldn't say shit like that to people you don't know especially when you don't know their situation, Grow up asshole

Vesanic

Yeah, that was awkward, dude, what the hell ?

Hidalgo

bodywars9000

Agreed. Unwarranted. I'm all for well deserved insults, but wtf.

sing blue silver

meh. as hedonism bot once said "i apologize for nothing".

p.s. i have an alcohol problem

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

As Rodney King once said, "can't we all just get along?"  ;D

sing blue silver

seems a lot of people like the term diamond eyes

Deftones - Diamond Eyes (Official Video)
Shinedown - Diamond Eyes (HQ) with Lyrics
hawthorne height-diamond eyes
Diamond Eyes
(rishloo is actually an amazing band so i don't mind that they've used it)

if anyone knows of any others let's see how many we can find.

from_musings

Chino has in interviews said that they didn't know whether or not they would continue as a band after Chi's accident. That it was mostly some sorta coincidence that it happened. That deftones were in a room with Sergio and "Everybody gravitated towards their instruments and started playing." Things took off,and then all of the sudden, just 6 months after diamond eyes were there kind of. But when I read this from april 2010: (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE63N19H20100424)

"6. HAS THE BAND CONSIDERED RELEASING FUTURE ALBUMS WITHOUT A LABEL?
Chino:Obviously, that would be something great for us -- for a lot of different reasons. But at this time we're still under contract. We don't make records too often. So it's going to take us a long time to fulfill our contract with them over the last 15 years or whatever since we started putting out records. We still have a couple more records to go that are due. When that's up, obviously we'd love to have more control over our releases"

makes me wonder... the fact that they are under contract ... it seems more like they HAD to do diamond eyes, that it was a contract with Warner.To me it seems that when Sergio flew in from N.Y to L.A, the decision that he would play and record the next album was already made.It was never really an option to quit.And if not Sergio, then somebody else.Perhaps Warner even paid his ticket to L.a and said "alright get busy". Pointed their greasy fingers at a contract.

but of course I haven't read the contract, maybe it won't be a breach of contract íf someone gets sick or dies etc

sing blue silver

Quote from: from_musings on Jan 13, 2011, 01:43 PM
Chino has in interviews said that they didn't know whether or not they would continue as a band after Chi's accident. That it was mostly some sorta coincidence that it happened. That deftones were in a room with Sergio and "Everybody gravitated towards their instruments and started playing." Things took off,and then all of the sudden, just 6 months after diamond eyes were there kind of. But when I read this from april 2010: (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE63N19H20100424)

"6. HAS THE BAND CONSIDERED RELEASING FUTURE ALBUMS WITHOUT A LABEL?
Chino:Obviously, that would be something great for us -- for a lot of different reasons. But at this time we're still under contract. We don't make records too often. So it's going to take us a long time to fulfill our contract with them over the last 15 years or whatever since we started putting out records. We still have a couple more records to go that are due. When that's up, obviously we'd love to have more control over our releases"

makes me wonder... the fact that they are under contract ... it seems more like they HAD to do diamond eyes, that it was a contract with Warner.To me it seems that when Sergio flew in from N.Y to L.A, the decision that he would play and record the next album was already made.It was never really an option to quit.And if not Sergio, then somebody else.Perhaps Warner even paid his ticket to L.a and said "alright get busy". Pointed their greasy fingers at a contract.

but of course I haven't read the contract, maybe it won't be a breach of contract íf someone gets sick or dies etc

well they could have quit and released compilations or something. a b-sides 2, a greatest hits, hell even eros could have turned up, and perhaps that would finish out their contract. the way they've been acting towards diamond eyes and how excited they seem about it says to me that they did it more for themselves than for contractual purposes. it would be great if they could release things on their own though. it seems their label is always holding them up (SNW for example).

BillyNo.9

When the enevitble happens and they do eventually break up or whatever you wanna call it,  hope to fucking god that they DO NOT make a greatest hits. Every album is unbelievabley awesome in its own way/theme. Mst greatest hits compalations are primeraly the singles but a lot of the tones best songs wernt made into singles.

from_musings

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jan 13, 2011, 08:04 PM
well they could have quit and released compilations or something. a b-sides 2, a greatest hits, hell even eros could have turned up, and perhaps that would finish out their contract.

yeah,it depends on how many records they have left to do. If it's like 5, they have to do more albums with more material to release. I mean they just can't release like linus and shit on warner.I'm glad deftones didn't end their carrer with the questionable snw, released a greatest hits (so not them) and then release more out of fashion songs on disc.what a sad ending to an otherwise awesome career. I hope that when that day comes, they want to end it with flying colors.

deftones have every reason to be excited over diamond eyes because it turned out to be great album.But I was talking about the time even before it was written, when there was no diamond eyes to be excited about.there just is something strange about when chino comment on the situation back then,almost like they kind of talked about the situation over a beer or something... and then just "gravitated towards their instruments" and jammed a little,you know... "like friends do".
I just don't think sergio flew across the country to hang out and jam a bit and then flew back home. "hey we should do this again sometime"  Like I said, It seems the decision was already made. But Maybe it was deftones own decision to continue, who knows. I just don't think it was all coincidence. ok enough of this twaddle

sing blue silver

Quote from: from_musings on Jan 14, 2011, 08:55 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Jan 13, 2011, 08:04 PM
well they could have quit and released compilations or something. a b-sides 2, a greatest hits, hell even eros could have turned up, and perhaps that would finish out their contract.

yeah,it depends on how many records they have left to do. If it's like 5, they have to do more albums with more material to release. I mean they just can't release like linus and shit on warner.I'm glad deftones didn't end their carrer with the questionable snw, released a greatest hits (so not them) and then release more out of fashion songs on disc.what a sad ending to an otherwise awesome career. I hope that when that day comes, they want to end it with flying colors.

deftones have every reason to be excited over diamond eyes because it turned out to be great album.But I was talking about the time even before it was written, when there was no diamond eyes to be excited about.there just is something strange about when chino comment on the situation back then,almost like they kind of talked about the situation over a beer or something... and then just "gravitated towards their instruments" and jammed a little,you know... "like friends do".
I just don't think sergio flew across the country to hang out and jam a bit and then flew back home. "hey we should do this again sometime"  Like I said, It seems the decision was already made. But Maybe it was deftones own decision to continue, who knows. I just don't think it was all coincidence. ok enough of this twaddle

well they had already flown him in for rehearsals for a tour if memory serves. they were booked to some festivals and couldn't really back out so they brought him in as a touring member and ended up writing some tunes with him. i think that's how it went down anyway. not 100% though.

from_musings

haha that was not a memory,was it? that was made up story that suited your point, no? :)