Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Diamond Eyes - Thoughts + reviews

Started by pissedandpierced, Oct 11, 2007, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beansandcornbread

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 11, 2011, 09:19 PM
Quote from: 976-EVIL on Apr 11, 2011, 08:27 PMListen to 976-Evil (the song not the member), no passion or soul? Just sayin dude.......

Well, it might have a soul, but to me (I insist, TO ME), it's just too clean, too... too " lovely ", you know ? Too polished. S/T soul is just like 48481818times bigger, deeper and more beautiful than DE soul. To me, once again.

I love that it's clean, crisp, and heavy.  I don't want them to copy the self-titled album.  They've been there and done that.  And under the circumstances, I think they came though in a big way.  Needless to say, I love the album and am glad to have another unique  Deftones album.

Vesanic

The record could have been less clean and pristine without necessarily sounding like the S/T, you know ? For example, Around the Fur and the S/T have that vibe I miss in Diamond Eyes but still are different records.

nineteen

Diamond Eyes is a totally different record now when I'm listening to it, compared with the first few months it came out.

I finally got it.

Caín

Still the best record they put out since White Pony.

sing blue silver

Quote from: Caín on Apr 22, 2011, 02:14 PM

i feel like SNW is greatly under-appreciated still.

Jerry_Curls

^ I agree. I finally listened to SNW after not listening to for like a year and I can hear the evolution of SNW -> DE. The space, prog kind of sound from SNW is perfected on DE. Although, I think DE is too clean. I like that dirtiness.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

sing blue silver

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Apr 22, 2011, 09:03 PM
^ I agree. I finally listened to SNW after not listening to for like a year and I can hear the evolution of SNW -> DE. The space, prog kind of sound from SNW is perfected on DE. Although, I think DE is too clean. I like that dirtiness.

i also feel that experimental vibe isn't so prevalent on DE, which is odd being a very different album than anything they've done before. i miss the weirdness of it which is why the lead up to eros was so exciting at the time. still though, i consider DE a solid album.

Frequency_Chemist

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 22, 2011, 03:39 PM

I think it is also. No matter how many reasons I hear of why people don't like it, I still don't get. The only song I don't really listen to is Pink Cellphone.

Vesanic

Any Deftones album > Diamond Eyes.

And I know someone's going to quote my comment and reverse that equation.

from_musings

diamond eyes is a little bit hard to say just good or bad about i think, when the peaks like royal, prince, risk, ystb are very high, but the low marks such as sextape, beauty school and rocket skates are very low and kinda sucks. I like the album overall but it lacks the darkness and anxiety which is a pitty. d.e is somewhere in the middle for me if I would rank them

sing blue silver

The only song on the album I could do without is the title track. I almost always skip it and begin with royal.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 23, 2011, 10:20 AM
diamond eyes is a little bit hard to say just good or bad about i think, when the peaks like royal, prince, risk, ystb are very high, but the low marks such as sextape, beauty school and rocket skates are very low and kinda sucks. I like the album overall but it lacks the darkness and anxiety which is a pitty. d.e is somewhere in the middle for me if I would rank them

Accurate statement for myself too i think.
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

Shadow46/2

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 23, 2011, 09:58 AM
Some Deftones albums > Diamond Eyes > some other deftones albums

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Apr 23, 2011, 08:01 PM

lol
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

Vesanic

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Apr 23, 2011, 08:01 PM

Bahahahaha.

Caín

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 22, 2011, 03:39 PM
Quote from: Caín on Apr 22, 2011, 02:14 PM

Of course it is. It is lightyears ahead of s/t!

from_musings

haha,since hidalgo got chased away, you're like the last of the mohicans when it comes to s/t hate around here ;)

Caín

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 24, 2011, 11:09 AM
haha,since hidalgo got chased away, you're like the last of the mohicans when it comes to s/t hate around here ;)

I know. That's why it's fun! :)

from_musings

Yes, but be careful, since it's almost just you who are running hatred towards s/t, the result is that one get the feeling that many people like it everytime you post.Opposite effect and shit :p

Caín

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 24, 2011, 12:15 PM
Yes, but be careful, since it's almost just you who are running hatred towards s/t, the result is that one get the feeling that many people like it everytime you post.Opposite effect and shit :p

Rally don't care about what effect it might have beyond stirring the beehive.