Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Started by yoda on mars, Nov 01, 2007, 09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defTHE1s

Me, I don't... but that would be awesome if someone has something good from them..

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Alvar

QuoteIt has been killing us not to reveal anything sooner, but we can now announce it: the whole Season of Mist staff is really proud and happy to welcome THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN to the roster! It is an honour for the label to have such an originally talented band on board. DEP's fourth studio album - whose title will be revealed in a few weeks - is due early 2010.

QuoteBen recently spoke to U.K.'s Rock Sound magazine about the progress of the songwriting sessions: "The new songs sound dark and evil," he stated. "Very early '90s thrash-influenced.
Lately I have been realizing the purpose of why I started DILLINGER all those years ago. It was to make people truly uncomfortable and to make them not feel accepting of what is happening in their surroundings. When I was growing up, I discovered metal and it interested me, I liked that it was dark and talked about the fact that the world is not all puppy dogs and ice cream cones. But then it just got ridiculous, humourous. I look at black metal bands and they are supposed to be so evil. But it's not real. It's about fiction. About goblins and the gates of hell; pretty much a bad horror movie.
"The music we are writing is influenced by the feelings I get when I hear and see the real evils of this world. Horrible things that make me really question if there is a God or not. This shit is not comfortable, the world is not comfortable, babies are getting raped in your town for God's sake. Young girls are being sold as sex slaves, but most people sitting at their computers downloading music don't want to know. They want to sit on a message board or play fantasy football while their mommy makes them a sandwich."

so DEP left relapse to gain more artistical freedom. and the new record will be 90s thrash influenced? im REALLY curious what will come out. i hope they wont fuck it up, but i cant really imagine they will.

*edit
Oh yeah and fuck all those people sitting at message boards, playing fantasy football and... wait.... where did my mom put that sandwich.....

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

theis

FUCK YEAH! Sounds awesome. Can't fucking wait.

defTHE1s

Quote from: Alvar on May 28, 2009, 10:45 PM
QuoteIt has been killing us not to reveal anything sooner, but we can now announce it: the whole Season of Mist staff is really proud and happy to welcome THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN to the roster! It is an honour for the label to have such an originally talented band on board. DEP's fourth studio album - whose title will be revealed in a few weeks - is due early 2010.

QuoteBen recently spoke to U.K.'s Rock Sound magazine about the progress of the songwriting sessions: "The new songs sound dark and evil," he stated. "Very early '90s thrash-influenced.
Lately I have been realizing the purpose of why I started DILLINGER all those years ago. It was to make people truly uncomfortable and to make them not feel accepting of what is happening in their surroundings. When I was growing up, I discovered metal and it interested me, I liked that it was dark and talked about the fact that the world is not all puppy dogs and ice cream cones. But then it just got ridiculous, humourous. I look at black metal bands and they are supposed to be so evil. But it's not real. It's about fiction. About goblins and the gates of hell; pretty much a bad horror movie.
"The music we are writing is influenced by the feelings I get when I hear and see the real evils of this world. Horrible things that make me really question if there is a God or not. This shit is not comfortable, the world is not comfortable, babies are getting raped in your town for God's sake. Young girls are being sold as sex slaves, but most people sitting at their computers downloading music don't want to know. They want to sit on a message board or play fantasy football while their mommy makes them a sandwich."

so DEP left relapse to gain more artistical freedom. and the new record will be 90s thrash influenced? im REALLY curious what will come out. i hope they wont fuck it up, but i cant really imagine they will.

*edit
Oh yeah and fuck all those people sitting at message boards, playing fantasy football and... wait.... where did my mom put that sandwich.....

that sounds pretty cool!!
Can't wait!! early 2010!! hell yeah!!

haha.. now , while i sit in this message board, let me see if my mom put my sandwich in my bag for school...  ;D
hahaha :D

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

theis

Jacob

Quote from: defTHE1s on May 29, 2009, 06:30 PM
Quote from: Alvar on May 28, 2009, 10:45 PM

*edit

that sounds pretty cool!!
Can't wait!! early 2010!! hell yeah!!

haha.. now , while i sit in this message board, let me see if my mom put my sandwich in my bag for school...  ;D
hahaha :D

I had totally missed this, sounds pretty interesting.

I lost a bit of interest in DEP after Miss Machine though - loved it at first, but then it just exploded and we had thousands of bands trying out this cool new math-core thing. and all my musician friends could talk about was how fucking crazy DEP were... *sigh*
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

defTHE1s

theis

lol dude, that 2 minute version is not dep. read the comments ;)

defTHE1s

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Aug 06, 2009, 11:20 AM
lol dude, that 2 minute version is not dep. read the comments ;)
yeah, i figured that at the middle of the video, but i did my post before haha...

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defTHE1s

march 23!!!!

it's a long way to wait........

_Fireal_

I'm salivating just from that sample...
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Sep 03, 2009, 10:06 AM
your a much better fireal than i am

" 

Alvar

[youtube=425,350]PhyRjAveI0w[/youtube]

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

theis

Deftones-argentina

"Oh yeah and fuck all those people sitting at message boards, playing fantasy football and... wait.... where did my mom put that sandwich...."

HAHHAAHAHHAHAHAAHA.

defTHE1s

Fucking cool!!

can't believe this happened!!

Alvar

last.fm/user/z0z0bra

defTHE1s

cool, it seems the new album will be really good 8)

_Fireal_

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Sep 03, 2009, 10:06 AM
your a much better fireal than i am

" 

Alvar

the first new single will be "farewell, mona lisa". for those who cant wait: there is a sample of the song on amazon.

and here is a great video for dead as history, i just had to post it

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra