Does God exist?

Started by untz untz untz, Dec 04, 2007, 03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.sinister

Law

Quote from: Variable on Apr 21, 2009, 03:37 AM
Quote from: Jambi on Apr 20, 2009, 04:09 PM
Quote from: Variable on Apr 20, 2009, 02:35 AM
are you like a 15 year old that took a biology class and now you think you're a scientist?

I'm a PhD student in theoretical physics, specifying in Soft Matter, so no.

http://www.physics.hull.ac.uk/theory.php

Sorry to dissapoint.
Its really no disappointment.  I just have a hard time believing that someone who is supposedly a scientist ( or almost one ) would say that a silly philosophical pissing contest was " The best we have to offer " instead of presenting scientific fact based on the scientific method.  I don't claim to be an expert of evolution or creation or even science at all.  But I know there is a lot better arguments out there.  Especially when you went on some lame ass rant that sounded like you did a really bad job ripping off a George Carlin joke.

Are you sure you're not like a freshman in college that told their guidance councilor that you really, really, REALLY wanted to get a PHD in theoretical physics someday?   Or do you really just suck that bad?  If you are actually one of those PHD students from that site, tell your professors to step it up.

You obviously struggle to read, I don't do anything Biological and to comment how I apprently suck at my PhD is none of your business, especially from that vague line I gave on evolution, I would to prove it anyway but it's way out of many people's leagues.. The point I only made was referring to was the shit we have face from people on the other side of the spectrum, I guess you're one of these douchebags. I can't be arsed to argue too much, but I think being invited to talk about my work at Columbia University NY in June at the one of the largest conferences going means I aren't that shit, I know I aren't the best but I work hard.

So just the fuck up, stop being an ass and respect peoples opinions. I hope I don't come across too many people like you when I come over to US, that would be a real shame.

Variable

If you were 1/18th as smart as you think you are, you would notice that the first time you quoted me, I made it very obvious that I don't believe in god.  Its right there in plain English.  LOL but when it comes to black holes, you got us , right?

And please, just to make me feel better about the world, tell me English isnt your first language.

Law

Quote from: Variable on Apr 21, 2009, 05:07 PM
If you were 1/18th as smart as you think you are, you would notice that the first time you quoted me, I made it very obvious that I don't believe in god.  Its right there in plain English.  LOL but when it comes to black holes, you got us , right?

And please, just to make me feel better about the world, tell me English isnt your first language.

Yes actually, Yorkshire-ish is my first language, you got me there dude. I do love the way that if someone mentions physics it means we have this ultimate knowledge about everything regarding that amazing subject called Black holes, for starters they have never found one but I aren't an expert on this, but if you can go out and find one I'd be damn impressed! If you do want to know more about them though trust me I'd glady point you to some incredibly boring papers full of impossible maths which just go to show what a load of horseshit the black hole idea is (at the moment).

I never said you did believe in God, lol don't jump to conclusions. You do have a habit of changing the arguement from what we were first discussing, lol I have been here long enough to know that you do like to spice everything up on here.

Anyway: http://www.theonion.com/content/news/god_makes_surprise_visit_to_local?utm_source=a-section

Variable

Quote from: Jambi on Apr 22, 2009, 12:09 PM
I never said you did believe in God, lol don't jump to conclusions.
Quote from: Jambi on Apr 21, 2009, 02:30 PM

The point I only made was referring to was the shit we have face from people on the other side of the spectrum, I guess you're one of these douchebags.

wither-I

my amino acids came from a comet

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Variable

13hourstoparadise

I believe the tradional "God" is a fairy tale...

If you think about it, what if you were a caveman, your wife or whatever dies. You'd assume you'd die too, therefore why not create a "God" in your head to ease the pain...

Here is a quote that will fuck with your head:

"I think I think therefore I think I am."

Really think it over, you can meditate on that sentance alone.

Variable

Dude I try, I really, really try to get that concept and concepts close to it into the heads of some of the guys I work with.  But some of them are so fucking stubborn to hold on to their beliefs.  I even told one that I would go to church with him on sunday ( although he would have to excuse me if I got drunk first to ease the pain ) But I swear one of them ( a fucking 25 year old grown man ) will actually cover his ears and say " ahhh blasphemy, blasphemy, blasphemy " every time I tactfully try to show some fault of the church and religion.  It's ridiculous how some people turn themselves off

13hourstoparadise

Yeah Trey, isn't strange that people who seem to have the most faith are the most fucked up or disconnected to reality?

devlin

Quote from: Variable on Apr 23, 2009, 06:28 AM
Dude I try, I really, really try to get that concept and concepts close to it into the heads of some of the guys I work with.  But some of them are so fucking stubborn to hold on to their beliefs.  I even told one that I would go to church with him on sunday ( although he would have to excuse me if I got drunk first to ease the pain ) But I swear one of them ( a fucking 25 year old grown man ) will actually cover his ears and say " ahhh blasphemy, blasphemy, blasphemy " every time I tactfully try to show some fault of the church and religion.  It's ridiculous how some people turn themselves off

that is my biggest problem with religious people. blind faith, refusing to question or doubt. i do not believe in god but i don't know, no body know for sure. i could be wrong and i am willing to admit that, but religious people are just soooo sure. so smug about how they are going to heaven and its going to be awesome, and how they feel bad for me.

Law

Quote from: Variable on Apr 22, 2009, 04:16 PM
Quote from: Jambi on Apr 22, 2009, 12:09 PM
I never said you did believe in God, lol don't jump to conclusions.
Quote from: Jambi on Apr 21, 2009, 02:30 PM

The point I only made was referring to was the shit we have face from people on the other side of the spectrum, I guess you're one of these douchebags.

I wasn't necessarily  implying religous twats with that since there are other dicks we come across, but that is stupid considering the thread it was in sorry, long day!

wither-I

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Apr 23, 2009, 05:25 AM
I believe the tradional "God" is a fairy tale...

If you think about it, what if you were a caveman, your wife or whatever dies. You'd assume you'd die too, therefore why not create a "God" in your head to ease the pain...

Here is a quote that will fuck with your head:

"I think I think therefore I think I am."

Really think it over, you can meditate on that sentance alone.
"moral interpretation of  phenomenon"

Man walks out from the cave, and what does he see...

It's putting reason to the unreasonable. making the absurd rationalized in a fantastical sense. everything we witness (by any perception) is phenomenon, and must be cured by something we don't understand, but claim to "know".

like modern religion, as in christianity (and the adoption of it by Rome), it became a institutionalizing mechanism for civilian control.

Quote from: Variable on Apr 23, 2009, 06:28 AM
right on. "ignore-ance"

13hourstoparadise

Quote"moral interpretation of  phenomenon"

Love it... I might have to bite that sometime.

wither-I

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Apr 23, 2009, 08:18 PM
Quote"moral interpretation of  phenomenon"

Love it... I might have to bite that sometime.
don't thank me, thank friedrich nietzsche! ;)

rock_n_frost

i know i dont have a good english but its interesting....its about the future..theres more more more things like that but i think you should know  :

to muslims these gonna happen before apocalpyse :

- more psycos
- more adultery
- mor drink
- more earthquakes ...bla bla bla...

- Dagcal (Antichrist) will come...his right eye is blind...he will be so strong with interesting powers..and he ll say ''im god'' so many people will belive in him...
- Jesus will come and he ll kill dagcal also he will tell the christians to believe in islam..all christian and mulim people will be together...
- a big smoke will be at the world everyone will be like drunk ..
- a very interesting animal will be happen named Dabbetü'l-arz
- the sun will born from the west (everyone will belive and will be regretful but that will not work for them)
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Earthman

Not only does god exist in the form of the trinity as us created in his image, but he is also a living man.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Earthman on May 05, 2009, 03:57 AM
Not only does god exist in the form of the trinity as us created in his image, but he is also a living man.

yeah he is mr.sinister

whodunit?

hahahaha, lol at your av ^^

I just now realised it's not that guy:

rock_n_frost