Started by deftonekid, Jan 01, 2008, 11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

fireflyry

Awesome thread.

I'd have to go with Giger as well.

Genius.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Nailec

Livewire

Bosch is awesome.  Did a paper on him last year.

Salvador Dalí
The Persistence of Memory

Salvador Dalí
The Great Masterbator

Pablo Picasso
The Old Guitarist

Jackson Pollock
Number 5

Jackson Pollock
Autumn Rhythm

Umberto Boccioni
Unique Forms of Continuity in Space

Alexander Calder
Flamingo

Richard Serra
Tilted Arc

Robert Smithson
Spiral Jetty

Christo and Jeanne-Claude
Wrapped Coast

Christo and Jeanne-Claude
Surrounded Islands

Andy Goldsworthy

Andy Goldsworthy

Andy Goldsworthy
Cracked Rock Spiral

Andy Goldsworthy
Neuberger Cairn

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Livewire on Mar 05, 2010, 11:12 AM

Alexander Calder
Flamingo
i get spoiled by seeing this almost everyday

but this...
Quote from: neurotic on Jan 04, 2008, 03:19 AM
Zdzislaw Beksinski. I love his work. Traditional work. His digital pieces.. well, they suck. But he always amazes me with his paintings.

wow that is amazing, i had never even heard of the guy
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

i tend to lean towards visionary art.

chick de la lynch

As you can see from my sig, I really love Caravaggio's "Judith Beheading Holofernes". This guy was a mad man, but knew how to make a haunting painting.

Van Gogh. A man who knew how to use paint and color so beautifully. I love "Night Cafe" just because I can relate to it so much.

Dali. I'm into surrealism and this man could make one crazy ass painting.

Duchamp. This guy revolutionized art and is one of the most important artists of all time. This one is just amusing. Underneath it's a French abbreviation for "She has a hot ass".

Picasso. He may have been a prick, but I love his artworks. I have this one hanging in my room. It's gorgeous.

Pollock. Many people may hate his work but I think it's brilliant. I also find it funny that artists couldn't top this one. It had all been done at this point. There was nothing more that could be done. "Number 1: Lavender Mist" is a great piece of work, and I actually did a response to it in one of my art history courses.

Livewire

Quote from: chick de la lynch on May 15, 2010, 11:27 PM
As you can see from my sig, I really love Caravaggio's "Judith Beheading Holofernes". This guy was a mad man, but knew how to make a haunting painting.

I don't know.  As you can see from Ruben's interpretation of "Judith with the Head of Holofernes", the expression conveyed in Judith's face clearly states that she's "owning this lame Holofernes".

chick de la lynch

True but Artemesia Gentileschi who did a "Judith" painting too said that Caravaggio's version made it look like she was "slicing bread". I don't know, but that's the part I love most about the painting--she makes it look effortless, which in a way is also portraying that she is owning this guy. Gentileschi's version was okay, but Carravagio's is still dramatic without trying too hard.

BillyNo.9

nonesuch

whats do the christo and jeanne wrapping installments mean?  like the world will one day be all prepackaged products? 
i drink your milkshake

Eros TBA

people are people

I like Japonese stuff...