Quote from: cyppe101 on May 23, 2008, 10:09 PM
Slipknot isn't good, lamb of god is.

Sepultura needs Max more.

There.

Sepultura died in 1996.

I know.

kalhan

sep died in 96? really?

it was andreas kisser who wrote most of the good riffs as far as i know.

the new sep drummer belts it better than igor ever did.

indychinoluv

Quote from: fireflyry on May 23, 2008, 06:53 PM
Agreed.

They write great pop songs for uber radio play.Like a lot of bands I think most of the dislike for them comes more from the fact they are HUGE record sellers as opposed to an actual dislike of their music.

It's cool to hate on big selling bands don't ya know.
I agree. They make great music.. Nothing else should matter

Yasiu

Quotesep died in 96? really?

it was andreas kisser who wrote most of the good riffs as far as i know.

the new sep drummer belts it better than igor ever did.

Yea really. Max was the soul of that band - the man who sticked it all together. I mean they were all like a big family - Andreas, Paolo, Max and Igor - and without one of them Sepultura doesnt exist. Funny situation that you still think it's Sepultura, when Max and Igor have thier own band, and they were the core of Sep. It's like kicking Chino out of Deftones, then getting Scott Stapp (if i remember good it's that guy from Creed) for vocals and still calling the music they'd make 'Deftones'. Funny isn't it?

kalhan

not funny... stupid

you clearly think that a vocalist is the "core" of the band. that only shows how shallow your understanding of music is.

have you heard the new sep drummer? that dude can belt it. he's a lot better than igor imo.

green might not be like max, but you can't expect the void to be filled by a lookalike/soundalike. green with sep have made their first concept album. and if you bothered enough to listen to the new sep albums, they have a revived punk rock influence, guiar riffs to vocals to everything.

on the other hand, cavalera conflickt and soulfly... it's alright, but sounds like max trying to do the sep thing all over again... same old same old...

Yasiu

Quote from: kalhan on May 26, 2008, 08:56 PM
you clearly think that a vocalist is the "core" of the band. that only shows how shallow your understanding of music is.

Quote directly where I've written that vocalist is the 'core', cause now you show how you read other ppl opinions.

have you heard the new sep drummer? that dude can belt it. he's a lot better than igor imo.

No I didn't, and honestly? I don't care.

and if you bothered enough to listen to the new sep albums, they have a revived punk rock influence, guiar riffs to vocals to everything.

Dante XXI wasn't THAT boring, but for fucks sake It's not 'Sepultura'. The same thing was when Roger Waters left 'Pink Floyd' and Gilmour still wanted to make music under that name. Same thing with Ray Manzarek that didn't agree to Krieger and Densmore still play music under 'The Doors' name after Morrisons death. Read it again: Kick Steph and Chino out of Deftones - bring Stapp and Kroeger, and still try to call them 'Deftones'. When I hear Sepultura I see Max, Igor, Paolo and Andreas - not less, not more, nobody else. And I'm not surprised that Max afrer leaving the band was at state of war with Igor and the rest for still using the name Sep.

ps. And Max was the core not because he was the main vocalist, but because he created that band. It was his and Igor's child from the very beginning. From 84'. But you probably don't remeber it.

kalhan

i do remember it and i also remember how sep was before andreas came in and started writing the riffs... and he's still doing that now

max is fine with soulfly and his other project. which sounds like a sepultura backlash without the same kick in it. and sep without a kick in it is nothing. rather have sep with something different going on (like... erm, i don't know... green maybe...?) than whatever max is doing now.

Yasiu

Quotemax is fine with soulfly and his other project. which sounds like a sepultura backlash without the same kick in it. and sep without a kick in it is nothing.

Yeah, I agree with you at this point - I listen to Soulfly but it tends to get fucking boring every new record, and the new cd will be no exception - similar constructed riffs, lyrics that are constructed uppon three words : war, hate, motherfucker etc. But I still like Max more than Green. The only song that I listen to with Green on vocals is Sepulnation.

kalhan

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

That piece of shit of As I Lay Dying
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

kalhan

theis

Zevaka

theis

Alvar

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

theis

tokio hotel.

an abomination.

they are possibly the worst band in modern music.

lostpilot

I totally hate tokio hotel.
There are thousands of emo girls in Lithuania that just sooo adore this band, I'd so like the band to accidentally die in a car crash or a falling plane.

tarkil

Hmmm, I heard that name before... Where are these fags from ?

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.