Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Band Bashing Thread

Started by theshadeisatool, Jan 12, 2008, 08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldnewtype

attack attack fucking sucks.

wheresmysnare

The RX bandits, every cool kids favourite band. Sounds like Brandon boyds side project, annoying math surf rock that changes ideas about 12 times per song. I know the premise of math rock is to be as long winded and complex as possible but some bands use it to disguise the fact that they don't know how to come up with a good idea and stick to it. The albums feel quite shallow, it's kind of throw away disposable stuff.

people_r_fake529

Quote from: theis on Jan 14, 2008, 01:07 AM
hard rock / metal bands with female singers.

horrendous!

I totally agree on this one.  I just can't get into bands with female lead singers.  Like Paramore, In this Moment.  Flyleaf was tolerable until they had to come out and say they are a "Christian band". 

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: people_r_fake529 on Jan 31, 2011, 03:56 AM

horrendous!

I totally agree on this one.  I just can't get into bands with female lead singers.  Like Paramore, In this Moment.  Flyleaf was tolerable until they had to come out and say they are a "Christian band". 

Christian or not they were always shit

E-Money

I really despise Slipknot.  The whole shock rock scene is pussy shit. IMO 

Vesanic

Cannibal Corpse is just fucking crap. They have some decent and even some killer riffs at times, but I'd rather eat my own shit than hearing these terrible vocals again.

theis

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Jan 24, 2011, 11:26 AM
The RX bandits, every cool kids favourite band. Sounds like Brandon boyds side project, annoying math surf rock that changes ideas about 12 times per song. I know the premise of math rock is to be as long winded and complex as possible but some bands use it to disguise the fact that they don't know how to come up with a good idea and stick to it. The albums feel quite shallow, it's kind of throw away disposable stuff.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: theis on Jan 31, 2011, 01:01 PM
Quote from: wheresmysnare on Jan 24, 2011, 11:26 AM

haha this made me lol

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Vesanic on Jan 31, 2011, 11:14 AM
Cannibal Corpse is just fucking crap. They have some decent and even some killer riffs at times, but I'd rather eat my own shit than hearing these terrible vocals again.
"This one goes out to all the women out there... FUUUCKED WITH A KNIIIIIFE" How can you hate that?!??!

Here's why I'm a fan:
awesome, brutal death metal
Ace Ventura
their live album
don't take themselves seriously/hilarious
vocals sound like dying animals
this song: Cannibal Corpse I Cum Blood (Live)
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Did you know that Jim Carrey is an actual fan of the band and he's the reason why they're in the movie? I find that hilarious!

Vesanic

Yeah, I know Jim Carrey is a great CC fan.

Some of CC music is actually fun to headbang to, but that's it, really.

davetonez

Quote from: people_r_fake529 on Jan 31, 2011, 03:56 AM

horrendous!

Paramore are terrible, I don't think they'd be half as popular if the majority of their fan base didn't want to bang their vocalist (both male and female).

In This Moment were okay on their first album, second album was bad though. Reminded me of Evanescence, and that's very bad.

theis

Just stumbled over this. One of the most awful songs I've heard in my life. HOLY SHIT.

Chuganaut's First Video

bright lights, big city

hahaha i could only make it through 1 minute.

Chuganaut? Seriously, it's almost too easy. More like Chuganut.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

the black keys, the arcade fire, mumford and sons, etc.
all that hipster shit. i mean my god is it awful and all the bands that hipsters love are the biggest bands on the planet with songs in commercials. seems rather un-hipster to me.

theis

The Black Keys? Hipster? Come on.

They're a blues band. I love them.

sing blue silver

Quote from: theis on Feb 25, 2011, 12:39 AM
The Black Keys? Hipster? Come on.

They're a blues band. I love them.

well they're probably the most hipster loved of the bands around here. i don't know. i gave them a shot but half the time it sounds like they just have a bit of a beat going and no idea about anything else. that howling for you song or whatever is a perfect example of "can you guys even play instruments"?
sorry if you love them, i hate them. a co-worker actually confronted me about it the other day asking how i can, i get nothing out of their music. when i listen to it i feel absolutely nothing but annoyance.

theis

Ok, fair enough. Just check out this live vid by them:

The Black Keys - Set You Free (Live TV)

bright lights, big city

i'm a hipster. i need to start facing this fact and come to terms with it.
DERP

sing blue silver

ok their drummer is pretty good but i just hate his guitar playing and his voice. it's like blues guitar played really really sloppy (which it often is) with awful effects and the same fill 10 different ways, none of which are impressive. i've given them many honest chances. i can see the appeal for a lot of folks but it just doesn't work for me. sorry theis. i really respect your musical choices and you do have genuinely good taste but i guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.