Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Band Bashing Thread

Started by theshadeisatool, Jan 12, 2008, 08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poofing acid

people_r_fake529

Quote from: poofing acid on Mar 31, 2011, 06:01 AM
o man they totarry RAWK

yeah, they do "RAWK" nice spelling.  ;D are you tripping on acid right now? is that the excuse for the bad grammar and spelling?  Or are you just being sarcastic?  well really, who gives a fuck, Mudvayne rules 8)

poofing acid

ben

blixa

Quote from: ben on Mar 31, 2011, 07:03 AM
Fuck you.  Its 2011.  Shut up.

does this mean i can't love and listen to the vaselines?

bright lights, big city

i forgot about this band. there's a reason for that.

Quote from: blixa on Mar 31, 2011, 07:13 AM

does this mean i can't love and listen to the vaselines?
i think what ben's referring to mostly deals with nu metal.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

ahhhh, i get it now. then i agree with him.

that was a very dr phil moment there, mark.

theis

So tempting to move this to the "band bashing" thread.

people_r_fake529

This comment makes no sense to me if it's referring to how "long" Mudvayne has been around.  I mean the Deftones have been around way longer than Mudvayne, so what is the point in saying it's 2011?  What is the relevance in that?  Someone could come one here and say they are a fan of Led Zeppelin, and say fuck you its 2011, but they are one of the best rock bands of all time, from the 70's? Same for Metallica, Ozzy, etc.  ITS' THE QUALITY OF THE MUSIC THAT IS IMPORTANT, NOT HOW NEW IT IS.  WTF Ben?  If , like Theis, In his opinioin, the "quality" of their music sucks, then that makes sense.  But dude, to make a reference to the year, that is just lame.

blixa

ben wasn't making a reference to the year.

observe:

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Mar 31, 2011, 07:17 AM

people_r_fake529

Quote from: blixa on Mar 31, 2011, 03:05 PM
ben wasn't making a reference to the year.

observe:

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Mar 31, 2011, 07:17 AM

well I still don't understand what he is saying about nu metal.. that it sucks?  I would like him to elaborate more on his comment just out of curiosity. 

black coffee

I guess most of us went straight from Nirvana to Deftones to Converge, and only few people were in this so-called "nu metal phase" that included bands like Mudvayne, Korn, Slipknot etc.
Yes, right....

poofing acid

You're so mudvayne.  I bet you think this thread is about you.

Sushi-X

I swear I cringe whenever I hear the name Mudvayne or Chevelle mentioned. They're both out of Illinois, and it doesn't help that the so called "alternative" station here tries to tie them both to Chicago.

Rocket Skates '94

black coffee

I bet you think anyone cares about you deleting accounts and registering new ones every other year. Because that is fun, right? And no one even gets it!

Sushi-X

Quote from: black coffee on Mar 31, 2011, 04:45 PM
I bet you think anyone cares about you deleting accounts and registering new ones every other year. Because that is fun, right? And no one even gets it!

you talkin' to me?

Rocket Skates '94

poofing acid

It's actually every year, not every other.  And, it is quite fun!  

That post wasn't even directed at anyone in particular.  No need to get bloody vagina emotional all up in here.

Sushi-X

Quote from: poofing acid on Mar 31, 2011, 04:53 PM

That post wasn't even directed at anyone in particular.  No need to get bloody vagina emotional all up in here.

Ok i won't....................... (can't hold it in, goes off to cry in dark corner)

OH also Disturbed! hate that fucking band, and they're out of Chicago also

Rocket Skates '94

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Sushi-X on Mar 31, 2011, 04:36 PM
I swear I cringe whenever I hear the name Mudvayne or Chevelle mentioned. They're both out of Illinois, and it doesn't help that the so called "alternative" station here tries to tie them both to Chicago.
THIS. A THOUSAND TIMES THIS.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

poofing acid

Quote from: Sushi-X on Mar 31, 2011, 04:58 PM
Quote from: poofing acid on Mar 31, 2011, 04:53 PM

Ok i won't....................... (can't hold it in, goes off to cry in dark corner)

OH also Disturbed! hate that fucking band, and they're out of Chicago also

That post you quoted was directed at a particular individual. It wasn't you.