Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Band Bashing Thread

Started by theshadeisatool, Jan 12, 2008, 08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushi-X

Quote from: poofing acid on Mar 31, 2011, 05:04 PM
Quote from: Sushi-X on Mar 31, 2011, 04:58 PM
Quote from: poofing acid on Mar 31, 2011, 04:53 PM

That post wasn't even directed at anyone in particular.  No need to get bloody vagina emotional all up in here.

Ok i won't....................... (can't hold it in, goes off to cry in dark corner)

OH also Disturbed! hate that fucking band, and they're out of Chicago also

That post you quoted was directed at a particular individual. It wasn't you.

Yes i know, just trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Rocket Skates '94

black coffee

My bad, I thought it was obvious who I was referring to.

Now that we're at it, I always thought Chevelle were from Chicago, or at least from a suburb.

Sushi-X

Quote from: black coffee on Mar 31, 2011, 05:15 PM
My bad, I thought it was obvious who I was referring to.

Now that we're at it, I always thought Chevelle were from Chicago, or at least from a suburb.

They're from Crystal Lakes I believe. It's like a 40 min drive from here in the city

Rocket Skates '94

bright lights, big city

yeah grayslake, IL. we do have some shitty music. i'll add slipknot in here too since they sound the same. iowa is close enough, and is basically the poor man's illinois (the cornhole of the midwest as i call it)
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

Quote from: people_r_fake529 on Mar 31, 2011, 03:16 PM
Quote from: blixa on Mar 31, 2011, 03:05 PM
ben wasn't making a reference to the year.

observe:

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Mar 31, 2011, 07:17 AM
i think what ben's referring to mostly deals with nu metal.

well I still don't understand what he is saying about nu metal.. that it sucks?  I would like him to elaborate more on his comment just out of curiosity. 

he doesn't really need to elaborate. that post said it all. he doesn't like mudvayne nor nu metal.

Sushi-X

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Mar 31, 2011, 06:08 PM
yeah grayslake, IL. we do have some shitty music. i'll add slipknot in here too since they sound the same. iowa is close enough, and is basically the poor man's illinois (the cornhole of the midwest as i call it)

Ah I was wrong, that "lake" part always throws me off.

Rocket Skates '94

ben

To elaborate on my comment, Mudvayne is garbage.  Evidence:

Mudvayne - Dig

I mean look at these fucking tools.  Their music is devoid of any good lyrical content, it's repetitive and the singing is absolutely atrocious.  I'm guessing you're 12-15.  Don't worry, I liked my share of shitty bands too when I was that age.  Stick around here, and we'll get you on a good track to music that isn't stuck in 2002 when the medium almost died and rotted into oblivion.

If I'm sounding like a dick it's tough love.  Get over this garbage.

Oldnewtype

yeah god forbid anyone like something that ben doesn't.

I thought L.D. 50 was a great album, the end of all things was alright and I never listened to any album after that.

My brother plays alot of Hell Yeah and I have to say I definitely prefer Hell Yeah over Mudvayne.

one weak

it's like the 4 retarded kids you knew growing up decided to #1 paint their faces super-scary and #2 start a band.

Oldnewtype

people_r_fake529

Quote from: ben on Mar 31, 2011, 06:48 PM

Mudvayne - Dig

I mean look at these fucking tools.  Their music is devoid of any good lyrical content, it's repetitive and the singing is absolutely atrocious.  I'm guessing you're 12-15.  Don't worry, I liked my share of shitty bands too when I was that age.  Stick around here, and we'll get you on a good track to music that isn't stuck in 2002 when the medium almost died and rotted into oblivion.

#1 Thank you for elaborating on that Ben...LMAO
#2 I'm 36 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!LMAO
#3 I still say Mudvayne rocks! I disagree with you on the comment, "their music is devoid of any good lyrical content'  If you are comparing them to the Deftones, then yes, that statement is true. However, most of Chad Gray's lyrcis, are deep,dark and have meaning.  I always say, It's the listener's interpretation.  What has intense lyrical meaning to me, may be shit to you. It's all a matter of taste. 

sing blue silver

i used to love mudvayne when i was younger. when i was on a lot of drugs i thought their first album was amazing. nowadays i've calmed down and it seems a bit silly. still there are some interesting lyrics on the first two albums (ld 50 more than that beginning of the start of the middle and furthermore of the end or the finish or whatever it was). i guess i can't completely hate on them as a couple of their songs i still find listenable for nostalgic value but i just grew out of it.
also dude is a legit good singer. i remember watching the peoria dvd all the time when i was in junior high and it was pretty impressive. plus their drummer and bass player are pretty tight. still it just doesn't separate itself from what was going on at the time and it's become dated.

Oldnewtype

yeah that live in peoria dvd reminds me of high school.....wtf was in that suitcase anyway?

sing blue silver

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Apr 01, 2011, 05:59 AM
yeah that live in peoria dvd reminds me of high school.....wtf was in that suitcase anyway?

neon face paint

BillyNo.9

I like mudvayne but I'm just a stupid teenager with bad taste right? -.- better believe what everyone says or else I might be an idiot.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

BillyNo.9

Don't be. I know they're putting on the mocho ' step up and die ' persona but whatever, they're music has a pretty good groove.
If there were more bands like deftones I'd listen to that particular genre pretty much exclusively but I can't. I'm sure you listened to a lot of shit when you were my age anyway.

bright lights, big city

Yeah you got me there.

*cough*Disturbed*cough*
DERP

ben

I definitely listened to some horrid stuff when I was 15.

raynor

Quote from: ben on Mar 31, 2011, 06:48 PM

Mudvayne - Dig

Don't agree.

They have some pretty good live shows.

proof:
marsvolta live in london