Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Band Bashing Thread

Started by theshadeisatool, Jan 12, 2008, 08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poofing acid

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 11, 2011, 08:06 AM
Quote from: poofing acid on Apr 11, 2011, 05:29 AM
I might have stated this already but, I can't stand the beatles.
not this argument again.

Who's arguing?

bright lights, big city

ok fine. it's on.

later on though, i can't think straight right now.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

ben

Which Beatles albums have you listened to, Poofing Acid?  Just curious.

blixa

can't someone not like the beatles?

lukas989

All through college i had the Beatles forced upon me in our group dope smoking sessions - I still to this day thank all goodness for the eventual meeting of my fellow metal loving dope smoking buddies - as it may have forced me to give up getting stoned.  Ive nothing major against the Beatles to be honest, jst when you're forced to listen to anything remotely poppy for a prolonged period, you cant help but get completely fucking bored of it.  Plus Macartney is a dick.

ben

BillyNo.9

I dont like the beatles either. Totally overrated and their music is just annoying to my ears.  There was way better music around in the 60's that didnt get acknowledged thanks to the world being retarded for the beatles. Anyone else here ever been to the cavern club, its bullshit IMO. 

blixa

i don't like the rolling stones. never have really.

Sushi-X

Quote from: blixa on Apr 12, 2011, 06:21 PM
i don't like the rolling stones. never have really.

your not the only one. never have cared for them either

Rocket Skates '94

Corleone

I grew up listening to the beatles and rolling stones, you guys have to admit that it's way better than the crap that is mainstream today.

blixa

anything is better than the crap that's mainstream today.

i do like the beatles though. i'm an avid fan of george harrison.

Sushi-X

Yeah I'll agree also that they're better then new mainstream. But just like some people don't like The Beatles, I don't like the Rolling Stones.

Beatles > Stones

Rocket Skates '94

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: ben on Mar 31, 2011, 06:48 PM
To elaborate on my comment, Mudvayne is garbage.  Evidence:

Mudvayne - Dig

I mean look at these fucking tools.  Their music is devoid of any good lyrical content, it's repetitive and the singing is absolutely atrocious.  I'm guessing you're 12-15.  Don't worry, I liked my share of shitty bands too when I was that age.  Stick around here, and we'll get you on a good track to music that isn't stuck in 2002 when the medium almost died and rotted into oblivion.

If I'm sounding like a dick it's tough love.  Get over this garbage.

Im hope you do an analyis on the other shit called Slipknot

bewareofrats

The Beatles are great.  Not because of their slew of highly poppy hits but because of the talent and creativity they showed in many of their other songs.

I don't care for:

The Tragically Hip
The Rolling Stones
Radiohead
U2
Pink Floyd
Dave Matthews Band
AC/DC
Guns N Roses
Nine Inch Nails
Nirvana

etc. etc.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Frequency_Chemist

Fuck mainstream rock/pop period. Every band sounds the same to me...like shit. Occasionally a good band comes along, but that's a rarity.

pinkmaggit

I heard Nickleback for the first time in a very long while yesterday.
There music was always bad but I can't believe the low that it's sunk too - it almost made me throw up!
They seemed to be well liked to start with with 'thi is how you remind me' which got stale very quickly.
Then they seemed to find a formula & repeat it over and over and over, only making it cheesier every time.
These guys are worse than Bieber for me.
They're just so blatantly in it for the money - they are the ultimate whores of the music world!!!!!
Who the fuck buys their albums? guys named Earl? - I have a picture in my mind of rednecks sitting round a campfire next to their trailer with a Bud in one hand, Nickleback blasting from a boombox.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: bewareofrats on Apr 13, 2011, 05:16 AM
The Beatles are great.  Not because of their slew of highly poppy hits but because of the talent and creativity they showed in many of their other songs.

I don't care for:

The Tragically Hip
The Rolling Stones
Radiohead
U2
Pink Floyd
Dave Matthews Band
AC/DC
Guns N Roses
Nine Inch Nails
Nirvana

etc. etc.

Remove pink Floyd, Nirvana, and NiN, and we got a deal. I also like a few Radiohead songs..
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Robotsatemygrandma

I view Slipknot and Mudvayne as this... at least from my perspective and experience with people.

They were the bridge that helped a lot of people discover and like death metal.

jbmp1390

Already stated but U2. I've never understood how they have so many fans

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?