Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Meshuggah new song

Started by cyppe101, Jan 17, 2008, 12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bebo

beLIEve

tarkil

OMG...

Fuck it that I'm at work and can't dl / listen to it now...
Can't wait for tonight !

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

sixner

WretchedRock

glassdomino

Holy smokes.  This album is a beast.  I didn't think it was actually Meshuggah when the first song started...

WretchedRock

Quote from: glassdomino on Jan 22, 2008, 07:42 AM
Holy smokes.  This album is a beast.  I didn't think it was actually Meshuggah when the first song started...

Yeah same here.  They sound so damn polished.  Great production.  This album is a fucking MONSTER.   I love it.

Alvar

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

theis

theis

bebo

Downloading now.. cant wait to hear it ^.~

st3v3n_g

Didn't want to give in, but I had to - After being thrown off by 'Catch 33' and then hearing 'Bleed', as soon as I found out it leaked I jumped on that shit.  I've only had the time to hear the first few tracks so far but it's Meshuggah alright... always pushing the boundaries... this is a definite purchase upon release... kinda sounds like they took pieces of Chaosphere, Nothing, I, Catch 33, added some new spices, threw 'em in a blender and there you go...

We need a lighthouse for the lost and a beacon for the broken

cyppe101

Quote from: st3v3n_g on Jan 27, 2008, 11:00 AM
Didn't want to give in, but I had to - After being thrown off by 'Catch 33' and then hearing 'Bleed', as soon as I found out it leaked I jumped on that shit.  I've only had the time to hear the first few tracks so far but it's Meshuggah alright... always pushing the boundaries... this is a definite purchase upon release... kinda sounds like they took pieces of Chaosphere, Nothing, I, Catch 33, added some new spices, threw 'em in a blender and there you go...
There's echoes of their older stuff too, I think (Contradictions Collapse, Destroy, Erase, Improve..)

theis

Combustion is my favorite song on obZen. That song kills.

black coffee

2008 beginning in style, with meshuggah releasing their new album.
incredibly good

st3v3n_g

Quote from: cyppe101
There's echoes of their older stuff too, I think (Contradictions Collapse, Destroy, Erase, Improve..)

Agreed.  Their best since Nothing ("I" was sick too but I consider it more of a "mini-album").  I don't know, I just couldn't get into Catch 33... but I picked up the Nothing remastered version (kinda weird sounding since I'm so used to the original) and it came with a cool bonus DVD with a couple live vids and their studio vids I guess you'd call them (the Rational Gaze video is insane!)

We need a lighthouse for the lost and a beacon for the broken

StalkeR

Quote from: st3v3n_g on Feb 01, 2008, 01:45 PM
Quote from: cyppe101

Agreed.  Their best since Nothing ("I" was sick too but I consider it more of a "mini-album").  I don't know, I just couldn't get into Catch 33... but I picked up the Nothing remastered version (kinda weird sounding since I'm so used to the original) and it came with a cool bonus DVD with a couple live vids and their studio vids I guess you'd call them (the Rational Gaze video is insane!)

I (AJ) was the killler :) great album - one song - but what the song :D
www.stalkerowaty.prv.pl
--------------
"come fall in love with the sound..."

NiChe

Hey can any of you meshuggah heads point me in the right direction?

I've only recently started listening to their music

I heard an amazing track (combustion) on the radio from their new album. So i downloaded obzen and i love it.

Can any of you recommend some other songs from their other albums? Like the crowd favorites if you know what i mean

Slacker