Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Cloverfield

Started by untz untz untz, Jan 18, 2008, 08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneDef

Didn't even realise this topic was on here.

I watched this movie at the cinema. I hadn't been for a little while but I knew I had to go see it how it was meant to be seen.

If you waited for the DVD or whatever then too bad, you missed out. A fantastic fucking film. Really enjoyable.

I didn't notice the satellite at the time but after I watched it I checked all that shit out. Pretty cool.

All that "It's the worst movie I have ever seen!!!" shit pisses me off. There was a lot of that around this movie. I mean really.. Was this really the worst movie you ever saw? Did you even see it? Are you just an internet movie forum fag?

Cloverfield ownedddddd.

White Pwny

I saw this movie Saturday night, and I agree that I may have missed out a bit by not seeing it in theatres.    It was an edge of your seat movie...    I was kind of like... Ohhh god, you got Cloverfield?!?   And then I sat to watch it, half miffed about watching it... and from the beginning I was drawn in.   I was stoned when I watched it, which only added to the OMG factor!      So, even tho I am sure I missed out on some more of the intensity of watching it in theatre with the sound quality and huge screen.....   I still loved what I got out of it laying on the bed... chilled out.. watching it on my 50' Hitachi 1080P with surround.   =o)
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

fireflyry

Quote from: ToneDef on Jun 03, 2008, 05:24 AM

I watched this movie at the cinema. I hadn't been for a little while but I knew I had to go see it how it was meant to be seen.

If you waited for the DVD or whatever then too bad, you missed out. A fantastic fucking film. Really enjoyable.

I didn't notice the satellite at the time but after I watched it I checked all that shit out. Pretty cool.

All that "It's the worst movie I have ever seen!!!" shit pisses me off. There was a lot of that around this movie. I mean really.. Was this really the worst movie you ever saw? Did you even see it? Are you just an internet movie forum fag?

Cloverfield ownedddddd.

I tend to find those types of opinions and critique are 99% of the time fueled by little else than unrealistic expectations especially if the post contains little more than "I saw it...it sucked hairy ballbags".

The hype over this films trailers was bound to lead to many being totally underwhelmed.

If I dislike a film I at least like to explain why and give my opinion actual relevance.10 word posts on how much a film sucked hold little water imo, at least try to make it interesting reading.

Quote from: White Pwny on Jun 03, 2008, 07:45 AM
50' Hitachi 1080P with surround.   =o)

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

emotivelotion

saw it a few days ago on the interwebs, it wasnt that bad, just waited too long and expecting a little more since the trailer with no title came out, lawl

White Pwny

Quote from: fireflyry on Jun 03, 2008, 07:49 AM

Cloverfield ownedddddd.

I tend to find those types of opinions and critique are 99% of the time fueled by little else than unrealistic expectations especially if the post contains little more than "I saw it...it sucked hairy ballbags".

The hype over this films trailers was bound to lead to many being totally underwhelmed.

If I dislike a film I at least like to explain why and give my opinion actual relevance.10 word posts on how much a film sucked hold little water imo, at least try to make it interesting reading.

Quote from: White Pwny on Jun 03, 2008, 07:45 AM
50' Hitachi 1080P with surround.   =o)

LOLZ.    funny shit.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

ToneDef

Corleone

Cloverfield ownedddddd.

Actually no, it didn't. This movie blowed chunks... nine... ten. :P

In all honesty it wasnt bad, I was sitting front row in the theatres and just ruined the whole experience, plus I thought I was gunna yack. Plus the story was sort of retarted, like why the hell did all the friends go with that one guy? I would have been like "you want to go back into the city? later dude!"

And the ending was just BS.

Alvar

great movie

damnit, what an experience.....

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Jacob

finally watched this movie last night. I had high expectations and I had compltetely avoided looking up any info about it or asking people who had seen it what it actually was about. and I can't say I was one bit disappointed. actually, I was only positively surprised. best movie I've seen in a long time. fucking awesome.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

lostpilot

When I watched Cloverfield I quite liked it, though most of the twists in the storyline were absurd (Corleone's example - why would a person ever follow someone straight to death? I'd say it's your problem, I am choosing to survive, and don't talk about heroism or loyalty to friends here), but I liked the way it was filmed, and it was quite an intense experience.

Jacob

Quote from: bored on Jun 29, 2008, 01:59 PM
When I watched Cloverfield I quite liked it, though most of the twists in the storyline were absurd (Corleone's example - why would a person ever follow someone straight to death? I'd say it's your problem, I am choosing to survive, and don't talk about heroism or loyalty to friends here), but I liked the way it was filmed, and it was quite an intense experience.

I don't know man, I'm not so sure you'd just say "fuck it, I'm on my own" in a situation like that. obviously the others tried to stop Rob from going in the first place. Hub even threatened to tackle him. but I guess they just realized that he would be going no matter what, and that maybe the best thing was to stick together after all. not for survival, but for the fact that they knew they couldn't get out of the city and they didn't want to be alone in all that chaos. I'm pretty sure I'd want to stick with my friends/family or whoever I knew around me.

lostpilot

Family - yes, most of the friends - no, only the closest ones that could not be 'replaced'. Cause people come and go, damn it!

Jacob

haha, I hear you man. but my point was that I don't think you'll make that judgement in that situation. I think you'll just be glad that you're with someone you know and not all alone.