Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Entertain Me Video, New Trailer

Started by There Will Be Blood, Mar 11, 2008, 10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddyboy101

Quote from: blondie on Mar 12, 2008, 06:32 AM
get off their cock and stop acting like you've seen the damn thing. they knew there was a guy with a camera there taping all of their personal moments. if this were to ever be released, i'm sure they'd chop out all the raw shit that regular, normal human beings go through in life anyway. you really think fans don't have an idea of what kind of turmoil, fighting, drug abuse and other emo bullshit they go through? please stfu.

and i suppose you would know any better?  all i'm saying is why would the band want to put out something that doesn't reflect them in a good light? 

blondie

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Mar 12, 2008, 07:30 AM
get off their cock and stop acting like you've seen the damn thing. they knew there was a guy with a camera there taping all of their personal moments. if this were to ever be released, i'm sure they'd chop out all the raw shit that regular, normal human beings go through in life anyway. you really think fans don't have an idea of what kind of turmoil, fighting, drug abuse and other emo bullshit they go through? please stfu.

and i suppose you would know any better?  all i'm saying is why would the band want to put out something that doesn't reflect them in a good light? 

oh, you mean like all the drug abuse, inner band tension, personal problems, etc,  they've been talking openly about endlessly in interviews? that same negative light?

buddyboy101

Quote from: blondie on Mar 12, 2008, 07:33 AM
oh, you mean like all the drug abuse, inner band tension, personal problems, etc,  they've been talking openly about endlessly in interviews? that same negative light?

yeah but they didnt publish those articles, as they would with a dvd.  the dvd is much more signficant so they're gonna be more careful with what goes on it.  why else would they not want to release it?  dont' get too defensive now...

dftnhxagram - thanks for the backup!  i hate how online communities bring out the worst in some people

Jerry_Curls

Not really. I've read numerous interviews with Stef badmouthing Chino.

I would love to see this film. This was an era in deftones' lives where they were just getting so huge. Very itneresting.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

hobbette

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Mar 12, 2008, 05:47 AM
if you're really a deftones fan and respect the members of the band, then you would not want to see this trash released.  obviously there are some personal, embarassing moments that no one would want aired out to the whole world.  the deftones are good to their fans and are not holding back the content because they want to be mean.  i'm sure that whenever they do release a dvd it will reflect the good-hearted, fun-loving side of the band rather than the shadows of a band whithered by non-stop touring, substance abuse, and the calamities of fame. 

Well I agree with what buddyboy said... ???

fireflyry

I don't.

What right does anyone have to say what "true deftones fans" should do?

Laughable and the thread is about the flick, not showing your respect to the Deftones.People who have an opposing opinion to buddyboy are no more or less a fan than anyone else.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Martin

Quote from: White Pwny on Mar 11, 2008, 10:37 PM
I hadn't seen that trailer....

*Falls in <3 alllll over again.. * 

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Mar 12, 2008, 02:14 AM
5 months later motherfuckers are screamin all over the radio. FUCK THAT SHIT DUDE!!!!   haha classic

Quote from: fireflyry on Mar 11, 2008, 10:55 PM
Thats probably why they don't want it released.

Entertain Me:A film about Drugs and Drinking.

Cheers for the link though ilovechino, new to me too.

8)

hobbette

Quote from: fireflyry on Mar 12, 2008, 09:41 AM
I don't.

Laughable and the thread is about the flick, not showing your respect to the Deftones.People who have an opposing opinion to buddyboy are no more or less a fan than anyone else.

Huh? I was referring to what he said about the film. Nothing to do with showing respect or anyone being more or less of a fan if they have a different opinion?!

Gaz

I'm gutted we will never get to see this.

fireflyry

Quote from: hobbette on Mar 12, 2008, 12:32 PM
Quote from: fireflyry on Mar 12, 2008, 09:41 AM
I don't.

Huh? I was referring to what he said about the film. Nothing to do with showing respect or anyone being more or less of a fan if they have a different opinion?!

kk

Quote from: Gaz on Mar 12, 2008, 12:56 PM
I'm gutted we will never get to see this.

Your far from alone friend.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Mar 12, 2008, 08:41 AM
Not really. I've read numerous interviews with Stef badmouthing Chino.

I would love to see this film. This was an era in deftones' lives where they were just getting so huge. Very itneresting.

That's all Stef does is talk shit about Chino.

Swords

[/quote]
FYIHYD

blondie

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Mar 12, 2008, 08:03 AM
Quote from: blondie on Mar 12, 2008, 07:33 AM

yeah but they didnt publish those articles, as they would with a dvd.  the dvd is much more signficant so they're gonna be more careful with what goes on it.  why else would they not want to release it?  dont' get too defensive now...

dftnhxagram - thanks for the backup!  i hate how online communities bring out the worst in some people

they didn't publish those articles? what are you trying to say? that shit like "death by decibels" was under the control of deftones? give me a break.

as a "fan", you obviously don't give them enough credit to be smart enough to know what the hell they say or do in interviews, on camera, radio or whatever. they're big boys and know the consequences of their decisions, particularly in this instance where they decided to bring along a man with a video camera to document their lives on the road. you act as if some paparazzi was stalking them and taking pictures of them trashing hotel rooms, having wild orgies with random girls or throwing puppies off a cliff. i doubt anyone in their right mind believes it's all going to be crimson and clover when they're on the road for months with the same people every damn day.

if deftones don't want it to get out, fine; but as we all know, it's all record company bullshit that's holding this back. otherwise, this would've been out already with the approval of deftones themselves.

There Will Be Blood

We All know chino was doing coke at this time so maybe hes embarrassed  of what he did and how he acted in the dvd. He has 3 kids.... I mean would u want something that shows you doing bad things on video so your kids can see it and say thats my daddy! Who knows the real reason this didnt come out... but im going to have to agree and say its the record labels fault.

goldpony

while i would like to see it because of the "mystery" i have no doubt that film probably came out horribly and presents the band members as something theyre not. i agree with blondie to a point, they did know there was a camera. however, they may not have been in the right state of mind when this was being recorded. I would personally like to see a dvd made from the youtube videos from the past tour. it seems like they would have enough material for it and you could tell (at least it seemed that way) that the band members were having a good time.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

blondie

i don't understand where you people are getting these "negative" vibes from by simply watching 2-3 minute clips. i think you're all reading too much into what chino called "depressing". to be out on the road for months, playing shows and fighting with each other is usually going to be depressing for anyone doing it, but for fans who want to watch it all unfold, it won't be, 'cause it gives them more of an insight of how the band blends together.

to me, it looks like a well documented film with a very good balance of live performances, light hearted fun and intimate interviews. it sucks that not only record company jackasses want to keep this from taking off, but so-called "fans" do as well.

- fin

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: blondie on Mar 12, 2008, 07:38 PM
i don't understand where you people are getting these "negative" vibes from by simply watching 2-3 minute clips. i think you're all reading too much into what chino called "depressing". to be out on the road for months, playing shows and fighting with each other is usually going to be depressing for anyone doing it, but for fans who want to watch it all unfold, it won't be, 'cause it gives them more of an insight of how the band blends together. to me, it looks like a well documented film with a very good balance of live performances, light hearted fun and intimate interviews. it sucks that not only record company jackasses want to keep this from taking off, but so-called "fans" do as well.

- fin

hey im a fan... im with you. I wanna see this thing. damn record labels!

buddyboy101

everyone wants to see a car wreck

Swords

i don't think it's  depressing at all from what i've seen.  it looks, funny, interesting and just pretty fuckin' cool.  if nything they could just re-edit it to make it less "depressing" and put it out that way. 

either way, someone keeps posting clips and whoever the hell has it should leak it since chino said himself that they will never release it.
FYIHYD