Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

should deftones have disbanded after white pony?

Started by Caín, May 26, 2008, 09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infector

You have got to be kidding.... Possibly the stupidest question I've ever bared witness too on this forum.

On that note: No.

deepest_ocean

M1GHTY M4VS

snw9

no because if they did, there would have been no saturday night wrist!and that album is great except the fact that it is a little too mellow but whatever, deftones proved that after a rough era, they can still come back with a hard hitting album! so i say NO and keep goin while u still can!
Code: [Select]

vadimo

Self Titled is one of the best albums,

especially because of 'Anniversary Of An Uninteresting Event' song, it always gets me so proud of the band, come on what other band can accomplish such melodic and harmonic sound??

deftoneskoen

White Pwny

hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

lostpilot

White Wrist

what a stupid question.

no need to answer. or discuss.

Zevaka

Imagine what at the drive-in could record if they didn't disbanded in 2001

Alvar

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Caín

Quote from: Zevaka on May 26, 2008, 02:01 PM
Imagine what at the drive-in could record if they didn't disbanded in 2001

there's more ways than uphill.

Caín

Quote from: Infector on May 26, 2008, 09:57 AM
You have got to be kidding.... Possibly the stupidest question I've ever bared witness too on this forum.

what's wrong with "going out with a bang?".
at the drive in did it. refused did it. nirvana did it. and all of them are considered classics now. i honestly think deftones have passed their prime (in terms of music, the impact they have [or had] and saleswise of course). i doubt they will ever be as good and appealing as during the white pony era. but who knows. the new record could prove me wrong.

White Pwny

hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

rainnyx4

Quote from: Caín on May 26, 2008, 04:28 PM

at the drive in did it. refused did it. nirvana did it. and all of them are considered classics now. i honestly think deftones have passed their prime (in terms of music, the impact they have [or had] and saleswise of course). i doubt they will ever be as good and appealing as during the white pony era. but who knows. the new record could prove me wrong.

Uh, Nirvana?  I don't think Nirvana really disbanded so much as the lead singer shot himself in the face.

Oh yeah, and nice unintentional pun.

Caín

Quote from: White Pwny on May 26, 2008, 04:34 PM
ST proved you wrong.   Srsly. 

i personally find S/T uninspired and dull, but that's just me.

Caín

Quote from: rainnyx4 on May 26, 2008, 04:46 PM
Quote from: Caín on May 26, 2008, 04:28 PM

Uh, Nirvana?  I don't think Nirvana really disbanded so much as the lead singer shot himself in the face.

Oh yeah, and nice unintentional pun.

well, then scratch nirvana off that list.