Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

'Uncontacted tribes' sighted in Amazon

Started by theis, May 30, 2008, 08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

well, how do you expect them to react when they see a fucking helicopter if they're "uncotacted"? wave to it and welcome it down to land? ;)

they were most likely scared shitless. or hungry as fuck and though "damn, that thing must have tons of meat on it".
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

White Pwny

I want to make it my life's mission to hunt out and find... "uncontacted Indians"   YETH!
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Variable

Quote from: aenemic on May 30, 2008, 10:53 PM
well, how do you expect them to react when they see a fucking helicopter if they're "uncotacted"? wave to it and welcome it down to land? ;)

they were most likely scared shitless. or hungry as fuck and though "damn, that thing must have tons of meat on it".
I would expect them to stare at it confused as fuck.  Or run and hide.  Any person whos entire survival depends on their ability to hunt with a bow and arrow would know that shooting at a target that is high in the air and moving very fast would be a near impossible shot.  I wouldn't expect them to waste their arrows on such a thing.

White Pwny

I wonder how they communicate.... wonder if its like the tribesman from Grandma's Boy...   lolz
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Variable

I dont know, ask Steven Spielberg.  The douche that made these pics probably cut and pasted them from one of his flicks that never made it to production.

theis

these pics are real.

you can't possibly be this ignorant.

Variable

lol.  Ok.  If they are then they could make a million doing ads for cheetos.

Jacob

Quote from: Variable on May 30, 2008, 11:24 PM
Quote from: aenemic on May 30, 2008, 10:53 PM

I would expect them to stare at it confused as fuck.  Or run and hide.  Any person whos entire survival depends on their ability to hunt with a bow and arrow would know that shooting at a target that is high in the air and moving very fast would be a near impossible shot.  I wouldn't expect them to waste their arrows on such a thing.

the chopper probably wasn't moving at a high speed while they were taking pictures. just a guess. and maybe the tribesmen saw that there were people inside it, and simply tried chasing them away by aiming their bows at them. there's been no mention of arrows being fired.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Variable

o rlly?

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil (AP) — Brazil's government agreed to release stunning photos of Amazon Indians firing arrows at an airplane so that the world can better understand the threats facing one of the few tribes still living in near-total isolation from civilization, officials said Friday.

So right there it says they were firing arrows, and at an airplane not a helicopter.

it also says that they have had contact with westerners before.  So they should know a thing or two about the outside world.  I doubt thats the first time they saw an airplane..........If they are real that is

Fireal1222

10 bucks says 2pac lives with that tribe

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

fireflyry

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Variable

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 02, 2008, 12:39 AM
10 bucks says 2pac lives with that tribe
im pretty sure that "the national Indian Foundation" would say that if they thought it would get them more attention - funding.

theis

Corleone

Variable

ToneDef

All this fucking flying over them, taking pictures and shit. How about they drop them some supplies of fucking electricity and internets and shit. Toss some fucking McDonald's out to 'em or something.

Lets send some aid to those fucking n00bs.

shine down unshy

Variable

Quote from: ToneDef on Jun 03, 2008, 02:36 AM
All this fucking flying over them, taking pictures and shit. How about they drop them some supplies of fucking electricity and internets and shit. Toss some fucking McDonald's out to 'em or something.

Lets send some aid to those fucking n00bs.
yeah for some reason they think its more humane to just leave them out there chewing on sticks without modern medicine or aid. 

If I lived there I would refuse to pay taxes until those mother fuckers started paying too.

theis

Variable

yeah yeah, ignorant me.  How insensitive.  You would probably hug the world until you smothered it and it died.  ::) yourself