Previous topic - Next topic

goldpony

"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

devlin

i can't believe i never came across this thread before. i have read alot on the year 2012 and what is theorized to take place. and its all new age bull shit. no offense to any believers. but the world is not going to end nor are we going to step up into the next level of consciousness as a race.

this is nothing more than the 13th cycle of the mesoamerican's "b'ak'tun" (or mayan long count calander). and theirs nothing showing the mayans having prophiced anything bad on this day. all these theories are realativly new (past 50 years or so from what i've been able to find). in fact the mayans believed it to be a privlige to be celebrated when a cycle completed.

this is just a hippy version of the christians claiming the end of times for the year 2000. and as far as i know that didn't happen. unless its still on its way and it takes jesus and his ska band of trumpet players a while to get here from heaven.

i apologize if any of this has already been said. i didn't read all 10 pages of thread.

Variable

um.  I don't think its really accurate to say that the "Christians" predicted the world would end in 2000.  I mean, they have been saying that the "rapture" was coming since about 10 years after Jesus died.  Their have been a few nuts here and there trying to predict it ( even though the bible clearly states that no one will know ) But Y2K was not a Christian thing at all.

Jerry_Curls

People just want you to keep thinking of that deadline so you won't do anything to stop what is reallyhappening. Like "oh well, its going to happen in 2012, can't stop it now!"

It doesn't have to meant he end of the world literally, just the end of the way we live. It could either be total control of all the people, aliens projected into the sky by the elite so you will think it is real and you will obey them, etc.

Things are changing and people aren't doing anything because everyone is asleep.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Variable

you had a good point until you started talking about aliens and the elite

emotivelotion

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Sep 17, 2008, 10:37 PM
Things are changing and people aren't doing anything because everyone is asleep.

i still see a point :)

Corleone

devlin

Quote from: Variable on Sep 17, 2008, 09:15 PM
um.  I don't think its really accurate to say that the "Christians" predicted the world would end in 2000.  I mean, they have been saying that the "rapture" was coming since about 10 years after Jesus died.  Their have been a few nuts here and there trying to predict it ( even though the bible clearly states that no one will know ) But Y2K was not a Christian thing at all.

i wasn't refering to Y2K. i remember alot, but no not all, christians claiming that as as the date.

People just want you to keep thinking of that deadline so you won't do anything to stop what is reallyhappening. Like "oh well, its going to happen in 2012, can't stop it now!"

It doesn't have to meant he end of the world literally, just the end of the way we live. It could either be total control of all the people, aliens projected into the sky by the elite so you will think it is real and you will obey them, etc.

seriously? i'm not trying to make fun of you in any way, but do honestly believe thats a possibilty?

lostpilot

absolutely agree.

Variable

Quote from: devlin on Sep 18, 2008, 11:04 AM

i wasn't refering to Y2K. i remember alot, but no not all, christians claiming that as as the date.

seriously? i'm not trying to make fun of you in any way, but do honestly believe thats a possibilty?
well. I'm sure a lot of people were saying stupid shit about the millennium. Not just Christians.  But it was not a popular belief throughout the Christian church, nor the official policy of any denomination that I know of , that the rapture would happen in 2000.  I was just saying that I thought you threw that name out there a little loose is all.

and yes, Jerry does actually believe that.  Him and a couple other members here are pretty fucking crazy.  Not stupid though.  The fucked up thing is that some of the shit they believe actually had substance.  But then they take the truth, and what could actually be used as an eye opening experience for a lot of people.  And run it way out into left field so that no one wants to pay attention to them and thinks they are all just crazy ranting lunatics.

devlin

Quote from: Variable on Sep 18, 2008, 04:12 PM

well. I'm sure a lot of people were saying stupid shit about the millennium. Not just Christians.  But it was not a popular belief throughout the Christian church, nor the official policy of any denomination that I know of , that the rapture would happen in 2000.  I was just saying that I thought you threw that name out there a little loose is all.

and yes, Jerry does actually believe that.  Him and a couple other members here are pretty fucking crazy.  Not stupid though.  The fucked up thing is that some of the shit they believe actually had substance.  But then they take the truth, and what could actually be used as an eye opening experience for a lot of people.  And run it way out into left field so that no one wants to pay attention to them and thinks they are all just crazy ranting lunatics.

i'm definitly not calling anyone stupid. i just can't fathom how anyone can believe stuff like this. but it goes both ways. i'm sure they can't believe i don't see any signs of change on the horizon.

i apologize for calling out christians, i get the impression you are one and i offended you. its the first similar situation that came to mind. and honestly i wanted to tell that trumpet joke. my jokes are mainly directed at the extreme zealots though. the blind followers.

mocking religion is something i do all to often, but never wanting to offend. i'm not religious so there just jokes to me. but i really respect and almost envy religious people. having faith like that and having the comfort that God is protecting and forgiving and that everything is part of his divine plan. i've tried to believe, i've read up some religions. mainly christianity. but just can't, it just doesn't click i guess.

Penicks

Corleone

Variable

Quote from: devlin on Sep 18, 2008, 04:56 PM
Quote from: Variable on Sep 18, 2008, 04:12 PM

i'm definitly not calling anyone stupid. i just can't fathom how anyone can believe stuff like this. but it goes both ways. i'm sure they can't believe i don't see any signs of change on the horizon.

i apologize for calling out christians, i get the impression you are one and i offended you. its the first similar situation that came to mind. and honestly i wanted to tell that trumpet joke. my jokes are mainly directed at the extreme zealots though. the blind followers.

mocking religion is something i do all to often, but never wanting to offend. i'm not religious so there just jokes to me. but i really respect and almost envy religious people. having faith like that and having the comfort that God is protecting and forgiving and that everything is part of his divine plan. i've tried to believe, i've read up some religions. mainly christianity. but just can't, it just doesn't click i guess.
Oh no, you're good.  I'm not a Christian.  I just like accuracy.  I would expect you to call me out if I said something inaccurate too.  If I think I know what im talking about, and I don't, I appreciate it when people let me know.  Its nothing personal.

It is amazing the things that people can passionately believe that seem so crazy.  But for every smooth talking sliver tongued government official who can make the public believe all kinds of bull shit, there is a crazy ass smooth talking silver tongued conspiracy theory nut who can take half truths and make some crazy shit seem true. 

Oldnewtype

i dont think were gonna died in 2012 but given the current state of the world it is going to be entirely different in 3 years i promise.

Oldnewtype

ok ive been reading this stuff for about two hors now and you're all gonna think im crazy but here goes:

quite possibly, 2012 will be the end of civilization as we know it. not because of mayans, but because of top-secret time travel and hyperspace experiments. Just research the philadelphia experiment, the montauk project of the phoenix project and you will understand that a 40 year loop was formed when an experiment connected aug. 12 1943 with august 12 1983. another forty years from 83? 2013, or actually dec. 21st 2012. according preston nichols, who was involved with the projects, "No one has picked up a tangible future beyond 2012 AD. There is a very abrupt wall there with nothing on the other side. A working time vortex was created to the future. " meaning time travel will be accomplished in 2012. there are tons and tons of absolutely amazing details released by the doctors involved with these experiments including people being frozen in time, people going through time/space unsuccesfully and moving through the ship only to be stuck inside of the walls and floor of the ship when it returned, and even this, the final statement in his interview:
"At one point a creature came through and everyone went into a panic. They shut the transmitter off. The creature ate people and equipment. They had to go back and shut down the unit in Philadelphia in order to shut off the unit in the future so they could stop this creature in 1983. This was on August 12,1983. The vortex locked on to the August 12, 1943 test, formed a 40 year loop, which takes us to 2013."
My own personal opinion is this could have something to do with the LHC which at the current rate of the project might not have a completely succesful run for another four years. I knwo I sound crazy but i spent quite a while reading into this today and it all seems entirely logical. anyone interested can get started reading here: http://www.crystalinks.com/montauk.html

tarkil

Wow.... You can't be serious when you say you're actually believing in this kind of stuff dude ?

edit :
LOLZ @ your website :

Various conspiracy theorists claim that experiments began in earnest in the early 1980s. They claim that during this time one, some or all of the following occurred at the site. No evidence has ever been provided that any of the following is true:

* The facility was expanded to as many as twelve levels and several hundred workers. Some reports have the facility extending under the town of Montauk itself.
    * Homeless people and orphans were abducted and subjected to huge amounts of electromagnetic radiation to test mind control technology and remote brain programming. Few survived.
    * People had their psychic abilities enhanced to the point where they could materialize objects out of thin air. Stewart Swerdlow claims to have been involved in the Montauk Project, and as a result, he says, his "psionic" faculties were boosted, but at the cost of emotional instability, post-traumatic stress disorder, and other issues. An alien supposedly designed a chair, which an individual could sit in to boost his mental and precipatory powers. A prototype duplicate was given to England and put in a facility on the Thames River.
    * Experiments were conducted in teleportation.
    * A "porthole (portal?) in time" was created which allowed researchers to travel anywhere in time or space. This was developed into a stable "Time Tunnel." Underground tunnels with abandoned cultural archives were explored on Mars using this technique.
    * Contact was made with alien extraterrestrials through the Time Tunnel and technology was exchanged with them which enhanced the project. This allowed broader access to "hyperspace".
    * Mind control experiments were conducted and runaway and kidnapped boys were abducted and brought out to the base where they underwent excruciating periods of both physical and mental torture in order to break their minds, then their minds were re-programmed. Many were supposedly killed during the process and buried on the site. Others were released with programming as mind-slaves with alternate personalities to be sleeper cells who could be activated to perform missions.
    * On or about on August 12, 1983 the time travel project at Camp Hero interlocked in hyperspace with the original Rainbow Project back in 1943. The USS Eldridge was drawn into hyperspace and trapped there. Two men, Al Bielek and Duncan Cameron both claim to have leaped from the deck of the Eldridge while it was in hyperspace and ended up after a period of severe disorientation at Camp Hero in the year 1983. Here they claim to have met John von Neumann, a famous physicist and mathematician, even though he was known to have died in 1957. Von Neumann had supposedly worked on the original Philadelphia Experiment, but the U.S. Navy denies this.
    * Flying saucers were observing the Philadelphia Experiment in 1943 and and got sucked into a time warp and was transported to one of the underground tunnels in Montauk and got stuck there. The aliens demanded a large quartz crystal to help get their ship's engines started to be able to leave. The time machine was used to obtain one from another planet.
    * Nikola Tesla, whose death was faked in a Conspiracy, was the chief director of operations at the base. Mass psychological experiments, such as the use of enormous subliminal messages projects and the creation of a "Men in Black" corps to confuse and frighten the public, were invented there.
    * Professional wrestler Rob Van Dam claims to have accidentally stumbled upon the area while driving to an arena. During one hour's time, he went into the time tunnel and claimed to have met Nikola Tesla, who told him that he was "...going to return in 2007 to end it all".

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Oldnewtype

yeah that shit is hilarious.

but thats 1 paragraph of about 100 or so pages i read so thats kinda unfair to take that one paragraph out of context.

you dont have to believe it all, analyze as much information as you can and then use your own good judgement to pick out whats logical and whats illogical. thats what i do.