Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crystal Skulls: the year 2012 and other Myths

Started by Corleone, Jun 02, 2008, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corleone

I was watching the discovery channel last night and ended up seeing a 2 hour show on these crystal skulls. Does anyone here believe in the world ending?

How about the myth that these skulls could prevent the 'Year Zero', December 21st, 2012 as stated by the Mayans?

What about the Robot head found on the Moon?

How about Mars having pyramids just like earth? Maybe even before?

Or the fact that the Asteroid Belt could be a former planet that exploded? Possibly from some type of  war?

The Philidelphia Experiment?

:-\

Anyone have any comment, other myths or conspiracies?

Jacob

I'm a sucker for these things.

I want to believe.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bright lights, big city

yes me too, conspiracy theories are so interesting
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

I posted about that in the Indiana Jones thread. That show was AWESOME! I <3 Discovery Channel!!!

Quote from: devilinside on May 20, 2008, 10:58 PM
I think it's gonna be a HUGE letdown. :( I LOVE Indiana Jones,but I just dont think they will be near as good as the previous ones. I was watching Discovery Channel and they were talking about how things from the Indiana Jones movies were based on actual facts. Pretty interesting the depth the films went into.

lostpilot

I do believe in a Change, not the End.
I really believe near 2012 there is going to be a major change in all our lives - this could happen because of a nuclear war, a drastic climate change, an imporant discovery, an unexpected twist in world politics, etc.
Something will happen.

Even though, sometimes the part of me which is a believer thinks about the Mayan Calendar, coincidences with symbols of cultures, history and religion. Somehow some of them lead to 2012.

We're living in a very interesting period of human history. We are the gap between the wars, stagnations, crisis, etc - and now I see myself observing a new downward spiral in human existence. Climate changes, almost cold war, unbelievers turning into believers.. interesting.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

wither-I

let our brains not fool us.

never underestimate what lies within, which we have yet to even know.
"Belief" is our greatest testament to "intuitive desire" and a crippling gesture the same.

i know one thing, we. will. evolve..... -AGAIN. think about it. neandertal man lasted a couple of hundred thousand years, and cromagnon man (modern man/us) has only been around for like 80 thousand years... neandertals were the most succesful to date. we may not even outlive their saga. and also we fail to mention the dinosaurs (rather the most succesful species to ever walk the face of earth.) fact.

the face on mars is shit. they have disproved this by higher resolution images... it was just the shadow. or atleast thats what they are telling us.

my theory is the ONLY thing that could save us from ourselves, or infact decimate us the same, is finding extra-terrestrial life. IT WOULD CHANGE EVERYTHING. "earth issues become redundant, and people will realize how insignificant we are" it could be humbling enough for peace, or disastrous enough to commit global conscious suicide the same. some have even said this will be the second coming of God. -pure revelation. we meet God in that he(God) is NOT specific just to us (humans). in a sense we come to know better.

the mayan thing is interesting because it involves a "full eclipse" with the earth sun and moon aligning with a few other planets and the center of the Milky Way galaxy. this causes a disruption in the earth's magnetic field and may in turn cause plate tectonic shifts. figure; Alaska used to be the north pole, and now its not. the last major ice age was said to have occured during this drastic change, with the last eclipse of this measure.

there is also the newest theory that every "some odd" million years there is a "Mass Extinction", and it is caused by an "unknown" planet (of our solar system) which is on an extreme eliptical orbit and only comes into near correspondence with the sun and earth (and other inner-planets) about every 25 million years (though this differs because the orbit is so profound. it is said that this planet would actually be a molten (early-earth-like planet) with a mass accumulation of debris (asteroid rocks) trailing it/ orbiting it,- which, when in close vacinity to earth would literally spray and pummble earth with this debris to cause these mass extinctions. ive heard this new theory is "catching on" with scientists right now, meaning it has some substantial content and holds feasible context.

either way our own sun will kill us as it expands. and our moon will eventually leave orbit with the earth creating calamitous devastation.
then we have gamma ray bursts, super volcanos (that will erupt), imminent asteroid/ comet impacts, black holes (found inside of our own galaxy), and the imminent danger of our neighbor galaxy "Andromeda" colliding with our own (they say this will happen and will undoubtedly be epic as fuck!), and by the laws of thermodynamics -"everything moves unto disorder" our universe will actually die. as stars cannot be created, and we've only been given a fixed amount, one day (said to be 10 trillion years away) the last stars will be dying and black holes will actually die as well from lack of things to devour...... black and abysmal.

there will be an end, its just a matter of how and when.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Fireal1222

the whole 12 21 12   thing is so awesome to read about or watch on tv

i believe something crazy is gonna happen as well. but who knows what

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

lithium

💩

ToneDef

I love all that shit.

LOL @ the Robot Head

tarkil

It all starts with these days' economic recession guys.... Oil and food crisis...  Just saying.....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: tarkil on Jun 03, 2008, 07:05 AM
It all starts with these days' economic recession guys.... Oil and food crisis...  Just saying.....
i can see that
DERP

tarkil

Times are definitely changing, and I'm not sure we're able to handle that change yet : we are coming to a dead end with petroleum, we are killing the place we're living in because of this oil lure (and the rest...), inequalities are growing everywhere, whether it is within the same country, or between different countries.
I'm not even talking about the world order that is completely changing : USA and Europe are slowing down to a nearly immobile state (we can even debate US are going backwards...), China and new economies are taking the lead, but are they mature enough to do so (environment matters ? freedom / democracy matters) ?

Everything goes pretty bad : economy (which means the way we can eat and live everyday), environment (which means the place we live in everyday), and the global politics (which means the way are lives are governed)...
When all these aspects start to fuck up, you can wait for some pretty nasty move to come to a new balance...

Nota Bene :
That's just a pessimistic vision of things I don't really believe in, but still, it's far from an aberrant vision.
And I tend to always be optimistic and trustful in human nature (how naive of me ?)

Fireal1222

im really not trying to be funny when i say this. but the sun even seems different. the past few years i noticed that it feels like its giving off the vibe of impending doom

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

theis

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 03, 2008, 08:15 AM
im really not trying to be funny when i say this. but the sun even seems different. the past few years i noticed that it feels like its giving off the vibe of impending doom

that's just the grass talking.

Variable

Fireal, I think you put down the pot pipe and picked up a crack pipe

We had a thread about the 2012 thing and I pretty much stated that I think you are all crazy for believing that.  And obviously civilization as the Mayans knew it ended waaaay before 2012 anyways.  so they suck either way.  

Bored I have no idea what you are talking about when you say we are the gap between the wars.  Im pretty sure that there is a lot of war going on right now.

But obviously things will change.  You would be ignorant to think that we would be the end of the rise and fall of nations throughout history.  And its very obvious to anyone with half a brain that the US started its decline a long time ago.  American society has become more and more weak as the years go by.  We have become so concerned with being "progressive" that we forgot some of the unpleasant necessities of life that make people strong.  And like it or not, at this point in history.  Europe and The US have intertwined faits that are driven by the actions of the US.  So yeah, the western world is due for a recession.  But I doubt we are going to go back to the stone ages.  We are just going to have a mediocre century or so.  Then the tides will change again and again and again.  Who knows what the world will look like after that.

The environment is obviously an issue.  How could be survive without the planet?  But thats all part of evolution.  The survival of the fittest.  The earth is forcing us of of oil and pushing us into what looks like the hydrogen age.  that is a good thing.  It will help immensely with the environment.  And we will become more and more aware of what our footprint on the earth is doing to our futures and come up with more and more ways to be clean.  When it comes down to survival, humans are amazingly capable.

And yes, I do think that we are due for a fairly large scale war sometime pretty soon.  The middle east loves the attention, multiple asian countries want it, the UN has lost any real credibility, and the economic decline of the US is going to force it to stop waving its big stick around as a deterrent for other countries to go crazy.  But I doubt it will be a "end of the war" type war.  For the same reason no nukes were ever used between the soviet union and the US.  We all know that kind of war would be the end of the world.  And that goes against our natural intuition to survive.  Were all just going to end up with some sick ass halo type suites banging each other with sticks trying to kill each other with concussions because our armor is so sick and bullets just stopped working.  WW3 is going to be like one giant "American gladiators"  should be fun.

lostpilot

Quote from: Variable on Jun 03, 2008, 10:49 AM
Bored I have no idea what you are talking about when you say we are the gap between the wars.  Im pretty sure that there is a lot of war going on right now.

I mean we're not having WW3 (yet).

tarkil

goldpony

Quote from: tarkil on Jun 03, 2008, 12:05 PM
banging each other with sticks

Fantasy ?

:)

LMAO

I agree with trey, humans have an amazing capacity for survival and i think the only thing that will end it is a major disaster (asteroid/volcano). that or NK using a nuclear missile
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

Quote from: bored on Jun 03, 2008, 11:01 AM
Bored I have no idea what you are talking about when you say we are the gap between the wars.  Im pretty sure that there is a lot of war going on right now.

I mean we're not having WW3 (yet).
yeah but there have only been two world wars, and they were both in the 20th century.  World wars have not been a traditional part of history that our generation is somehow defying the laws of nature without.
Quote from: tarkil on Jun 03, 2008, 12:05 PM
banging each other with sticks

Fantasy ?

:)
lol.  God damm it