Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

White Pony appreciation thread

Started by whodunit?, Mar 25, 2008, 06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penicks

Quote from: mikau on Apr 04, 2008, 11:00 PMfunniest thing I've read in this forum.  Note that the next word is "white" xD

Shaye

snw777

Quote from: Shaye on Apr 07, 2008, 08:54 PM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Apr 03, 2008, 03:22 AM
your right. you are the first person ever to fuck their lyrics up

I'm the first? I don't believe everything I read on the internet, but in this particular song it sounded like "lies" not "life", and according to the sites listed below, I'm not the only one who misunderstood what Chino said.

he was just joking.

ToneDef

And seeing as Pink Maggit and Back To School are two different songs with different lyrics...

tarkil

lolz for Tonedef and Penicks...

Gotta love the Captain Obvious.... :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

schm1dty

Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 04, 2008, 08:10 AM
Quote from: schm1dty on Apr 03, 2008, 04:04 AM
Quote from: lithium on Mar 27, 2008, 02:21 PM
i got arrested the day it came out, it was even playing while i was being arrested

got laid the first time when ST came out ... Ill do the math for you, I was 17 .. hhaha I think I came when bloody cape started fucking RAWKING toward the end

Haha, whatever man. I bet it was more like "Paint the streets in..."  *Splat*

I always want  to listen to music when Im doing it now too , so when were in my room they usually want to put on one of my van morrison albums orrrrr something like coldplay .... pfffttt whatever so I always just say NO and put on Adrenalin or ATF , maybe some RATATAT or outkast if I wanna mix it up. hahaha maybe that's why theyre always so glad when its over ...  :-\    Im always trying to show em the TRUTH

Inkblades

White Pony is a haunting, beautiful and breathtakingly orginal masterpiece.

Fireal1222

yes i must admit. white pony is a masterpiece

i love how  the end of knife prty goes into korea.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Shaye

Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 08, 2008, 03:20 AM
And seeing as Pink Maggit and Back To School are two different songs with different lyrics...

I understand they're two different songs with different lyrics. I was just under the impression that the chorus from Back to School was the same as in Pink Maggit with the exception of "kneed her in the throat" being changed.

schm1dty

I climbed your arms
and you pulled away
new cavity moved into my heart today

this album changed everything for me. the first time I heard anything from it I listened to it from beginning to end. From feiticeira to pink maggit I was blown away, emotions going along with each song like the wizard of oz and dark side of the moon. completely redefined music for me.

hobbette

My main taste in music changed the day I listened to White Pony.

We'll stop to rest on the moon
And we'll make a fire
I'll steal a carcass for you
Then feed off the virus

snw777

Quote from: schm1dty on Apr 10, 2008, 07:21 PM

I climbed your arms
and you pulled away
new cavity moved into my heart today

this album changed everything for me. the first time I heard anything from it I listened to it from beginning to end. From feiticeira to pink maggit I was blown away, emotions going along with each song like the wizard of oz and dark side of the moon. completely redefined music for me.

yeah.
the grey version is the best.

+deathblow+

Quote from: Shaye on Apr 09, 2008, 11:57 PM
Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 08, 2008, 03:20 AM

I understand they're two different songs with different lyrics. I was just under the impression that the chorus from Back to School was the same as in Pink Maggit with the exception of "kneed her in the throat" being changed.

a friend told me that he read somewhere that "back to school" was something that chino pulled out of his ass to make fun of the record label and show that he could pull a hit single out of his butthole.... it was originally pink maggit but after the whole dispute about not havin knife party be a single, chino had to turn pink maggit into a more poppy version and rerecord it, thus, back to school was pulled out of his ass.. atleast thats what ive heard... so its the same song :p
myspace.com/shatteredimagephotography
(book a shoot, feed a photographer!)

LIFEAFTERDEATH

E-Money

I heard the change single when i was about 12 living in socal.  I immediately picked up the album and they have been my favorite band ever since.  White Pony did it for me.  Digital Bath instantly became my fav song!  i live the opening with the atmospheric background sounds

"you move like i want to
to see like your eyes do
we are downstairs
where no one can see
new life break away
tonight
I feel like more"

This album was completely original.  I hope Eros is more like wp

Martin

Finally ordered the white version with Back To School at the beginning.

Battle-Axe

Quote from: stapezee on Jun 23, 2008, 11:24 PM
I heard the change single when i was about 12 living in socal.  I immediately picked up the album and they have been my favorite band ever since.  White Pony did it for me.  Digital Bath instantly became my fav song!  i live the opening with the atmospheric background sounds

"you move like i want to
to see like your eyes do
we are downstairs
where no one can see
new life break away
tonight
I feel like more"

This album was completely original.  I hope Eros is more like wp

That song was what did it for me as well :] So simple yet effective... I really can't describe how I felt when I saw them play it last year :D