Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones 7 String Guitar Strings from Fender

Started by skinnypuppy, Jun 25, 2008, 06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skinnypuppy

hey,
I bought a few of these a while back and they seemingly are rare as fuck. I've only seen a total of 24 pop up on the internet, and most of em were owned by me...

I however need some cash really badly, so if anyone wants a set for 10 dollars (shipped), let me know.

wither-I

not real.

why?

cause it says, "The Deftones"

"coming into the nearness of distance"

skinnypuppy

errr...

"made exclusively for"

custom strings, sir.

wither-I

sorry band name is not = to "The Deftones"

im sorry man, i know this is alot to go through right now...

skinnypuppy

The band themselves have been asked about "the" - and they said it's there sometimes.

I'm going to try and find Fender's phone number or email address and ask em myself.

wither-I

KLaUThiO

Frankz0r

I hate it when some asshole call them "The Deftones".

pissedandpierced

Quote from: Frankz0r on Jun 26, 2008, 01:58 AM

It depends on the grammar in the sentence, they can be refered to as 'the Deftones' but 'The Deftones' is a bit gay. Saying that, I always refer to 'Smashing Pumpkins' but from Mellon Collie they went by the name 'The Smashing Pumpkins' I'm old school so I ditch the 'The'.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Frankz0r

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Jun 26, 2008, 09:06 AM

It depends on the grammar in the sentence, they can be refered to as 'the Deftones' but 'The Deftones' is a bit gay. Saying that, I always refer to 'Smashing Pumpkins' but from Mellon Collie they went by the name 'The Smashing Pumpkins' I'm old school so I ditch the 'The'.

True. That happens with the 'Red Hot Chili Peppers', who only were called 'The Red Hot Chili Peppers' at their first album.

wither-I

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Jun 26, 2008, 09:06 AM

truisms

kalhan